Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The what are you playing thread

Options
  • 07-04-2005 11:48pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭

We haven't had one in a few months.

This week I've been mostly playing:

PS2:

Devil May Cry 3: Rock hard but bloody brilliant. It feels great looking cool despite getting seven shades of ****e kicked out of you. I like this game a lot.

Psi-ops: Great for a quick fix. The psychic powers are great fun to use and its by far the best implementation of physics in a game yet. Great fun

Suikoden 4: Too short and not as epic as the other games. Also the random battles are infuriatingly frequent and take much longer than the battles in previous games. However some strong excellent characters make up. Not the best RPG but far better than the reviews say it is.

Gamecube:

Paper Mario 2: Great RPG which is great fun to play. No random battles and the battle system is, shock horro, enjoyable. Excellent and also quite amusing.

Alien Hominid: Not as good as metal slug or the contra series but well worth it at the budget price. Great for a quick blast although far too easy for a game of its type.

Viewtiful Joe 2: Very much like the first game which was excellent. I think I'll wait to play it some more after I beat DMC3 since they are quite similar.

Xbox:

Nothing really

PC:

Waiting for my mother to finish her masters next week so i can play all the new PC games I've accumulated.

GBA/DS:

Mario 64 DS: Now that I've gotten over the control issues I'm starting to enjoy it a lot more. Slightly inferior to the N64 classic due to slightly iffy controls at times.

Wario Ware: Excellent fun but just too short.

Shining Force: An absolute classic. It's like a simple advance wars and by simple I mean much more fun. This game eats away at the bus journey to college. It's like digital crack.

Mr. Pants: I'm not enjoying it as much as eurogamer but still a decent puzzler.

N64:

Banjo Kazooie: Excellent platformer from Rare that rivals Nintendos best.

Goldeneye: Very dated but still excellent fun. I'm amazed at how ahead of its time it was.

Sega Saturn:

Radiant Silvergun: not as good as everyone says it is. Its much better. Definitely the best shmup i've ever played. Fan-friggin-tastic.

Layer Section: Excellent shmup. Gorgeous 2D visuals

Battle Garegga: Excellent shmup as well.

Soukyugurentai: Guess what, another excellent shmup. for the Saturn

Shining Force 3 scenario 1: Only just really started it. Looks lovely for a 3D saturn game and plays very much like the other games in the series. Plot see's a lot more involving than the revious games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Silent hunter 3

Thats it really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Once again, you have far too many games to play retr0 :)

I've gotten my hands on KOTOR1 and 2 for the PC so those should keep me going for a while. Playing Painkiller a little bit too, in short little bursts cause that's the only way to play it without getting tired with it. It's excellent fun for a quick half hours play though.
    Retr0gamer wrote:
    Paper Mario 2: Great RPG which is great fun to play. No random battles and the battle system is, shock horro, enjoyable. Excellent and also quite amusing.

I looooved this game. Brilliant entertainment from start to finish. It is bloody hilarious in parts isnt it? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bah too many games.

PC

BIA havent finished it,MP is good with people you know.

Star wars rep command again unfinsihed.

Winning eleven 8I never stop, its fast quickplay rules.

Trackmania Sunrise demo sweet god its addictive "must shave 1 second" gameplay has me hooked and then theres the puzzles and the editor and its only a demo :eek:

Doom 3 Exp Pack , stupid bro has my Doom 3, its in q.

Lego Star Wars, i blaming reactor and reactor alone, its rather good.

Cold Fear keep getting lost and frustrated going back over the damn boat. Good game just im impatient.

Must buy trackmania tomorrow...

Cube
    I have Paper Mario 2 on loan, 3 months now and have never seen the load screen.

MP2 echoes, i have 4 months and walked in a door, havent played since xmas day, think my bro has it.

Samurai Jack today for a bit, son keeps deleting the save files and making me go tru it again.

PS2
    GTA VC on last asset mission for a long time now.

Dance Extra UK broke 1.9 million on Ghetto Superstar today totally pwned my 5 year old who has 45,000 as her highest score.

Want res Evil

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

The only games I've been playing the last few months are Mario 64 and Wario Ware, because I've been working my ass off on my college project, which happens to be a game, and needed lots of playing for testing purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

PS2: Gran Turismo 4. I've now got a ****load of cars and a big bag of money :) ... and an 850bhp monster skyline.

PC: Counter strike source, Brothers in Arms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

ps2: GT4
    cube: MKDD & mario sunshine
    gba: mario&luigi SS
    pc: various

where can i get sunrise demo? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

World of warcraft

when you play an MMO - you only have time for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Knights of the old republic two. I finished it lightside, and now I'm almost finished it darkside. After that I'll have nowt to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

PC

Winning Eleven 8
    Battlefield Vietnam
    Neverwinter Nights
    Doom 3 :rolleyes:

Gamecube

Mario Tennis them power moves add nothing to the game why fix it if it aint broke :mad:
    Metroid Prime 2 i think i started it once
    Paper Mario 2 if i ever get it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Only playing on the cube at the moment.

Zelda the windwaker and Metroid Prime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

GameCube: Baten Kaitos, Sonic mega collection

GBA: Final Fantasy I & II

PC: Counter Strike Source, Final Fantasy VII

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pen0s

for some reason ive gone back to playing Nfl street and def jam fight for ny on the ps2 recently.....and on the pc its css only :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

BIA :: pc
    ProEvo4 ::xbox
    Burnout3 ::xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Not much happening at the moment because resi Evil 4 is taking up all game time. Personally it is one of the fines if not THE finest games I have ever played. Just wish they could have kept it Gamecube exclusive to feel smug and superior over PS2 and xBox owners...

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

PC

Splinter Cell III (I am an invisible killing machine)
    Silent Hunter II (I am, again, an invisible killing machine)
    Civ III MP (I am a fog of war shrouded builder of killing machines)

DS

Zoo Keeper (v.addictive)

Gameboy

Advance War 2 (too addictive)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

on the PS2 goin between Smackdown vs Raw and FF8 (again)
    on PC , Red Alert 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Gamecube:

Maria Sunshine
    Mario Kart: Double Dash (when at home with brothers)

PC:

Just finished CoD single player, loaded CoD:UO but might hold off the single player campaign for a while
    Rome: Total War
    RTCW:ET (of course!)
    Still have to finish Doom 3 - haven't touched it since November :o
    Thinking about buying the Neverwinter Nights Deluxe Pack for a long and hopefully satisfying single player campaign

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

PC

Doom 3
    Half Life 2
    Star Wars Republic Commando
    Postal 2 - now and again
    The Punisher

Xbox

Mace Griffen Bounty Hunter
    Star Wars battlefront (This one never gets old)
    Brothers in Arms

GBA

F-Zero
    I have yet to buy a DS game...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

PC:

KOTOR 1
    Tiger Woods

Cube

Just finished Resi 4, doing the bonus stuff now
    Donky Konga (my god what craic)
    Mario Party 5 (picked it up second hand for a tenner! :) )

PS2

Pro Evolution Soccer 4

On Me Phone

Steve Davis Snooker (it's shi!t but it passes away the bus journey)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

PC:
    Counter-strike
    DoD
    Natural Selection
    RA2: Yuri's Revenge

Xbox:
    Halo 2. Legendary, only IWHBYD skull to go (stupid elite rush)
    Burnout 3. timetrials have me tearing my hair out
    Ninja Gaiden: Great game

PS2
    GTA:SA not really, brother has it away to college with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Memnoch wrote:
    World of warcraft

when you play an MMO - you only have time for it :(

Quoted for truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

GC:
    Resident Evil 4 (but I don't have time with exams coming to give this game the long sessions it needs)
    TimeSplitters: Future Perfect (You can play as a ninja monkey in multiplayer. Enough said.)

GBA:
    Metroid Fusion (just got inspired to pick it up again, and remembered how much I HATE Yakuza)
    WarioWare Inc

DS:
    Super Mario 64 DS
    WarioWare Touched
    Polarium
    Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt (going for Regulator high scores)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

Rise of Nations on the PC and Soul Calibur on the Gamecube.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

PC: Lego Star Wars

DS: Yoshi Touch & Go, Mario 64 DS, Polarium, Warioware, Advance Wars (GBA).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

PC: WoW

thats fairly mutch it, oh and MEtal gear Acid on the PSP and Lumines, on the way to work (when I cant play WoW) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Civ 3 and Warcraft 3 on the pc

Pro Evo 4 and Full Spectrum Warrior on the XBox

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Mostly Resident Evil 4 - best game....ever...

Wario Ware DS, paper mario 1 on PC snes9x, GP4 PC and a few rounds of streetfight2 CE on megadrive hooked up to my arcade machine.

...but mostly RE4....

smokingman wrote:
    Mostly Resident Evil 4 - best game....ever...

Wario Ware DS, paper mario 1 on PC snes9x, GP4 PC and a few rounds of streetfight2 CE on megadrive hooked up to my arcade machine.

...but mostly RE4....

ooh I so want to play RE4, counting the days until PS2 release

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Gizzard wrote:
    ooh I so want to play RE4, counting the days until PS2 release
    When is that out by the way?

Think you're better off getting a cheap cube and that version though, can't imagine the PS2 is up to the job meself - it'd just be disappointing playing a lesser version.

• Advertisement

smokingman wrote:
    When is that out by the way?

Think you're better off getting a cheap cube and that version though, can't imagine the PS2 is up to the job meself - it'd just be disappointing playing a lesser version.

you could be right, but also you never know, Im constantly amazed at what they can do with PS2, look at burnout 3, ICO, God of war amazing GFX

Advertisement