Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willy Wonka

• 07-04-2005 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

Apparently we should see the movie remake starring Depp hit our cinema screens during the summer.

Will look forward to that. I used love that movie as a Kid (still do). They play it every Christmas on TV, and I never get fed up of it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

on a vaguely related note can you buy willy wonka bars anymore?

i was watching the original film about a month or two ago, great stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Yeah, I believe so! Will do a google search and post up the link!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Yup, you can still buy Wonka bars (they are yummy!). The trailer for the new Wonka movie looks crap - there is a distinct lack of oompa loompas in it :( I dunno why they are re-making it, coz it's never gonna be as good as the original.

You shouldn't fix something that ain't broken! / You can't improve on perfection!

Interesting point tinkerbell, but you can actually perfect on perfection!! Something that is good can always be made better. For instance, you maybe a good person, but there is always some room for improvement, room to expand, to broaden ones mind, to bet your best, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pinx

memphis wrote:
    there is always some room for improvement, room to expand, to broaden ones mind, to bet your best, etc.

... In the words of Maslow, to become "self actualised"!!!
    Yes, new Wonka film is out on July 29th I think. Can't wait. Very interested in finding out about Wonka bars - never knew they existed! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

i'm not happy at all about the remake of the willy wonka film!
    1. why??! what was wrong with the original?!!
    2. depp looks like a scary tranvestite
    3. the oompa loompas are ANIMATED!!!!!! NO!!!! we wont have the lil' orange men walking around singing their little song... 'oompa loompa doopady do, i've got another puzzle for you..' (sp?)

the original is a classic which many of my friends get up to watch every christmas morn!

We'll just have to wait and see it won't we? Judge for ourselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement