Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Would you buy a crashed-repairable?

Options
  • 07-04-2005 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

Hi was just considering this as an option as i wish to upgrade my car soon and just want to know to what the general consensus is about this. Basically buying a crashed (not too bad) ad getting a panel beater/mechanic to repair it for you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

yep, i did it many times

The only problem is that you have to find cheap panel beater and good donor car.

you really need panel damaged car only, on wheels with untouched airbags(they are ultra expansive)

perfectly you will have to bring your panel beater with you as you could buy potential lemon with bend chassis, it doesn't matter if the car still drives

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I've done it too but you have to be really careful. Generally things are worse than they look - I would always ask 'why is this car so cheap' and try to find ALL of the things that are wrong with it. Remember unless your panel beater is really good, the repair will always be noticed and the value of your car lower as a result. Proceed with caution...

'c

Advertisement