Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Kebabs in Dublin

Options
  • 08-04-2005 9:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Could anyone recommend somewhere in the city centre where I could buy a really nice, good value donor kebab. (I'm really not in the mood to get ripped oof today... :eek: :D )

intel :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Zaytoon, but its not cheap. But DAMN is it good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Zaytoon. Chicken shish please. about €9 and you'll be stuffed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Intel

Cheers :D

Zaytoon it is so!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Zaytoon for kebabs - , the bread is lovely, as is the rice, the chips are fairly crap though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Armen Tanzarian

Fu*kin amateurs, Zaytoon is pure ****, the best place in dublin without a shadow of a doubt is kebabish on clanbrassil st, They are amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Athena on Dame Street.
    It's fab!!

And try a chip butty too.........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Where is this zaytoon place? must give it a try if its worth so many reccommendations. Iskanders on dame st is quite nice for kebabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

skywalker wrote:
    Where is this zaytoon place? must give it a try if its worth so many reccommendations. Iskanders on dame st is quite nice for kebabs.
    Iskanders is great for when you want to munch on a Kebab while you're walking out of the city centre to get a taxi.

But Zaytoon is a very nice place to sit down and have a kebab. It's across the road from the Porter House.

How come no one has said Abrakebabra yet??? haha...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Zaytoon is great ! :@)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Whats that kebab place on Baggot St? The one that serves from a prefab?

When you're really pissed and can't be arsed walking back into town for Zahytoon, it doesn nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

well there is the Istanbul express on Baggot st....my local and not bad. But best i've had (in Ireland anyway) is in the Epicurean food hall off Abbey st.

Best i've ever had is at the Queens Road Kebab shop in Leicester...

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭wilkins

Never was mad about kebabs before, but the 'Sultan' (I fink that's what it's called) on Georges Street blew my mind, yummy chicken kebab. It's just a few doors up from South Street restaurant- yumyum.
    Also there's a place on baggot street (the Searsons end) where Abrakebra used to be, it has magic kebabs, yum also. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Sidane

Another vote for Zaytoon but only when drunk.

I've had one sober kebab in there and it was muck.

When yer pissed it tastes great, although most edible things do when you're in that condition! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Yeah. Iskanders on Dame St is pretty good as is Zaytoon on Parliament St.

There is a new place on the square at the central bank in temple bar. Only walked past it. Anyone ventured in yet???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Iskanders on Dame St used to be good but have stopped going there alltogether as the last 3 times over the 6-8 months i went in there for a kebab they were absolutely terrible.

Zaytoon gets the thumbs up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 timamansio

Scruff wrote:
    Iskanders on Dame St used to be good but have stopped going there alltogether as the last 3 times over the 6-8 months i went in there for a kebab they were absolutely terrible.

Zaytoon gets the thumbs up though.

Yeah, I'd second that - Iskanders has become really bad in the last year or so (i'd even prefer Abrakebabra).

So Zaytoon gets my vote too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

The best place I've gone to is Athena across the road from Iskanders on Dame Street. Every time I'm hungry in town I go there. Absolutely lovely lamb shish kebab. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Oh, Zaytoon and Iskanders are also lovely, but I prefer Athena. Fresh, and you can sit down at a proper table.

Also, open 24 hours a day. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Momo's, purely because it's a great word to say when you're pished. Kebabs are bloody good as well, same proper flat bread as Zaytoon's but cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

RuggieBear wrote:
    well there is the Istanbul express on Baggot st....my local and not bad. But best i've had (in Ireland anyway) is in the Epicurean food hall off Abbey st.

in istanbul there... yumm-eeeee. mixed kebab with rice and bread. extra sauce. can of coke. they know me and my friend in there really well so we always get free coke and cheap kebabs. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

Zaytoon. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭bender

There is a new place on the square at the central bank in temple bar. Only walked past it. Anyone ventured in yet???
    been there twice... once drunk.. it was excellent... the other time sober...it was rubbish...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

bender wrote:
    been there twice... once drunk.. it was excellent... the other time sober...it was rubbish...
    But you could say that about anything in life.

apart from shagging, then the opposite is generally true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

awww yea, nothin like munchin the kebab after a few beers :)

zoltan (or somthing like that) on georges st is very good. Iskanders is alright, but I think zoltans is much better.

Anytime ive tried athena it was crap and tastless, but I havnt tried it in about 2 years.

Zaytoon is savage and fills you up.

Theres a nice sit-down place on liffy street too. Good portions, cant remeber the price as I was locked.

[edit] speaking of munching kebabs after drinking, anybody know when the next boards beer is? [/edit]

Liffey Street? Momo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Colostomy Bag

Well, not wanting to spoil the party, I must add the following - I ordered 2 takeaway kebabs in Zaytoon, Parliament Street last Saturday 7th Feb 2009 and apart from finding a 4 inch long black hair in the middle of one of the kebabs, at no extra charge I received a dose of food poisoning which involved heavy bouts of the runs for 72 hours. I have since reported this to the relevant Environmental Health Authority who will be sending an inspector iminently. I will not be going back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I received a dose of food poisoning which involved heavy bouts of the runs for 72 hours.

Judging by you username it's nothing to worry about :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i love the kebabs in instanbul in the epicurian food hall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

GuanYin wrote: »
    Whats that kebab place on Baggot St? The one that serves from a prefab?

Ismaels. Those kebabs aren't great; skimpy on the meat and the bread is chewy like if you bought them from a pack and didnt heat them up. Overcompensates with the lettuce. Even noticed when drunk!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

You got the squirts after a night on the booze followed by a kebab? :eek: This must be the first time it's happened.

Advertisement