Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GBA Games

• 08-04-2005 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, I got my DS a while ago, and while I am waiting for some better games to come out for it, I play some GBA games.

Can anyone recommend some good GBA games in the shooter/Strategy/3D category?

So far I want to get Ice Nine, Kill Switch, Ecks VS Sever and Advance Wars. I cant find any of them, stores here tend to mainly stock entirely kids games like crash, spyro, etc. :(

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't get Advance Wars until you have played and beaten Fire Emblem. It's made by the same team and is basically a better version of Advance Wars with an excellent story. Also give shining Force a go. It's not as tactical as the advance wars games but much more fun.

For shooters get yourself metroid fusion and metroid zero mission. Also if you can find it Gradius advance is a great shmup.

Other must haves are zelda: Minish cap, the golden sun games and the 3 castlevania games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

And Metroid Fusion is currently down to €15 in GAME, so you have no excuse. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I strongly agree with the Fire Emblem and Shining Force recomendation, both great games :)

Is it just me, on in Fire Emblem is
    the final dragon an utter bugger to beat? took much saving and loading to put him down, really should have leveled up my main char's more for their epic weapons, as good as Dorcas is, he simply cant cut it compared to the durandal, kinda wasted my time on Matthew too,was hoping he would get better, no luck Im afraid, Jaffar is just league's ahead of him :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

The Metroid games are excellent, and so are the Golden Sun games. You should try Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. Really good game, but probably hard to find now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I had Golden Sun, didn't like it - they are not my kind of game! I wish they were, as they last ages and are pretty involving, but I just can't like them...

I had Advance Wars 2 before, when I had the old GBA. Great game, I would say one of the greatest released on ANY format, ever!

I might give Metroid a go today so, see how it goes.

I'll have a look for Fire Emblem as well, cheers retrogamer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

advance wars 2 was one of the best games i ever played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Astro Boy: the Omega Factor is a really good action platformer. It's made by Treasure (Gunstar Heroes, Mischief Makers and so on) and is dripping with excellent bosses. Pleasingly difficult and replayable and only €30, too.

Advance Wars is €15 in GAME. From what I've heard, it's almost identical to Advance Wars 2, but you can't really complain at that price.

Kirby, is Metroid: Zero Mission on the cheap as well? I haven't seen any copies around for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Nope. MZM is still €45. Import it, it's €26 on DVDboxoffice.
    I'm trying to beat my fastest MZM completion of 56 mins 32 seconds at the moment...

Advertisement