Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eggs = chicken's period?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Kitsune

I get light headed a bit but I was as bad before I became vegan. I was always a bit prone to fainting.
    I think you can get B12 from yeast but I'm unsure about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

If it tastes good and is edible, then wheres the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

Kitsune wrote:
    I get light headed a bit but I was as bad before I became vegan. I was always a bit prone to fainting.
    I think you can get B12 from yeast but I'm unsure about that.

id say take b12 supplements or get a full blood count done. its easier just taking a tablet a day for a week and seeing what happens. it should kick in within a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Kitsune

"Human faeces can contain significant B12. A study has shown that a group of Iranian vegans obtained adequate B12 from unwashed vegetables which had been fertilised with human manure. Faecal contamination of vegetables and other plant foods can make a significant contribution to dietary needs, particularly in areas where hygiene standards may be low. This may be responsible for the lack of aneamia due to B12 deficiency in vegan communities in developing countries. "

Yuck.

Edit: Yeah, I have a vegan multivitamin with B12, I'm just bad and dont take them very often.

Full of sh!t? No. Full of meat? Yes. Intestines? Not a problem. It's an awful thing to waste meat..or any part of an animal you've killed. Use it all up.. as much as you can anyway.

so u reakon the fairly twisted people who do the gutting are cleaning the intestines of all the **** b4 they shred them in the mincer. hahaha if u believe that ul believe anything.

Kitsune wrote:
    "Human faeces can contain significant B12. A study has shown that a group of Iranian vegans obtained adequate B12 from unwashed vegetables which had been fertilised with human manure. Faecal contamination of vegetables and other plant foods can make a significant contribution to dietary needs, particularly in areas where hygiene standards may be low. This may be responsible for the lack of aneamia due to B12 deficiency in vegan communities in developing countries. "

Yuck.

sounds fairly twisted to me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Doper Than U

"Night soil" or humanure is a valuable (but underused) fertiliser. It's been used for centuries in Japan (though no longer.. replaced by oil/gas based fertilisers :roll: ). I don't think I'd use it for edible crops, but that study seems to show that contaminants and toxins are not a problem. Waste not want not.

so u reakon the fairly twisted people who do the gutting are cleaning the intestines of all the **** b4 they shred them in the mincer. hahaha if u believe that ul believe anything.

Never made sausages then have you? The intestines are fully cleaned. My butcher does an excellent job making sausages. They're fantastic.

This thread is about eggs, not vegetarianism vs omnivorism. The thread "Vegetarians, sane or mad?" is the place to argue that topic.

Never made sausages then have you? The intestines are fully cleaned. .

Are they given an enema first and then a colonic or given the half hour colonic after?

• Advertisement

What difference does it make? and if you dont eat them whats it got to do with ya?
    Look carefully:
    I EAT SAUSAGES!!!!!

Is that such a crime?

Are they given an enema first and then a colonic or given the half hour colonic after?

Ok, I see you don't even take your own argument seriously, but I'll answer it anyway. No, they wash the intestines thoroughly to remove any vegetable matter that may rot and ruin the casings (and poison the eater). This is done after the animal is dead and gutted. The intestines are washed through in a large vat. Suffice it to say, there is no sh!t in the sausages. There's plenty on the outside of vegetables though. Can you be sure those were washed thoroughly? Either way, it's cow sh!t or herbivore sh!t, so it's not a problem.

its a known fact that vegetable pickers pick their noses while picking vegetables. Shove that in your blunt and smoke it!

ColHol wrote:
    What difference does it make? and if you dont eat them whats it got to do with ya?
    Look carefully:
    I EAT SAUSAGES!!!!!

Is that such a crime?

doesnt make any difference to me, and no its not a crime not yet anyway but in the future it might be with the way the world is going???????

anyway my point is unless the intestines are soaked in dettol for 50 hours and powerwashed at 120psi with a karcher pressure washer u will b eating ****. none of my business though :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

woosaysdan wrote:
    eggcellent way of putting it!!!

:rolleyes:groan

that was bad man, really really bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

can i just comment on how funny it is that a thread with a title of 'eggs = chicken period?' gets so many replies.

:)
    great stuff guys
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Are chicken’s eggs the equivalent of a woman’s period?

A bird lays an egg with a yolk so the developing embryo can feed its self and have enough nutrients to develop into a chick. The egg is encased with a shell to maintain the fluvial environment inside and offer some protection. An unfertilised chicken egg consists of a yolk (fat, protein, vitamins) a white and some other bits and pieces.

A woman has a period to shed the endometrium, the lining of the uterus because there was no fertilisation of a ovum, no implantation in the uterus and therefore no embryo to develop. If fertilisation and implantation did occur, the embryo would develop in the uterus and the developing foetus would receive nutrients through the placenta. The lining of the uterus is blood, cells and tissue.
    Are chicken’s eggs the equivalent of a woman’s period?

Yes and no, in my opinion. There both are unneeded resources for a developing embyro. However, the egg is made of food and the menstrate is physiological stuff.

Maybe this can help:
    Avain/Primate Reproduction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Chickens don't bleed while they lay eggs do they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Bleedin Like A Muthafuka!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Well, that certainly gives a whole new defence to the comeback to the 'how do you like your eggs in the morning?' chat-up line .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Chickens don't bleed while they lay eggs do they?

no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

lomb wrote:
    if im not mistaken arent sausages made over from whats left of the pig. ie the intestines, head, eyes, etc etc. so when u are eating a sausage u are probably eating a piece of sh!t :D
    awh for fcuks sake........
    thank christ i dont eat meat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

ColHol wrote:
    its a known fact that vegetable pickers pick their noses while picking vegetables.
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Advertisement