Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frames titles' headings

Options
  • 08-04-2005 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question on frames (again). How does one implement a page heading for a webpage that is displaying frames? I have e.g. 2 frames per page. The top is static with the navbars, heading etc, while the links open in mainFrame as you browse. BUT, can I get the heading for each mainFrame to be displayed in the browser tab along the top like a normal page, instead of it just displaying "Untitled Document"?

Couldn't find anything on htmlcodetutorial

Cheers,

Seanie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Apart from the obvious question (why are you using frames?) you may be able to do something server side? Not sure how that would work out, but it *might* be possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

blacknight wrote:
    Apart from the obvious question (why are you using frames?) you may be able to do something server side? Not sure how that would work out, but it *might* be possible

Thats where I need the heads-up. The reason I'm using frames is for the sake of dial up. Instead of reloading the logo and rollover buttons et all, I just have them in the topFrame. I can't figure out why some folks are against the use of frames (all major rowsers can handle them), and some folks like them.

Me? I'm just doing what I'm told!

Seanie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Seanie M wrote:
    Instead of reloading the logo and rollover buttons et all

And here was me thinking that they would be kept in the cache...

And here was me thinking that they would be kept in the cache...

That will ONLY depend on ones own brower settings! Sheesh... Some people I know have their settings to "Check for newer versions of the page" on "Every visit to the page", as I do sometimes. Some browsers, like IE and Firefox tend to NOT refresh new pages promptly i.e. delays of up to a few days.

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Seanie M wrote:
    That will ONLY depend on ones own brower settings! Sheesh... Some people I know have their settings to "Check for newer versions of the page" on "Every visit to the page", as I do sometimes. Some browsers, like IE and Firefox tend to NOT refresh new pages promptly i.e. delays of up to a few days.

:rolleyes:
    Yes, but that is not a default setting.

kbannon wrote:

Thank you Mr. Bannon!

Advertisement