Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Game Ever?

Options
  • 08-04-2005 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not talking about any game, any time - I mean - the worst game in relation to the time it came out!

Anyone can say "pac-man is crap" but it was great for its time. So whats the worst game you have ever played in relation to the standards of the time it came out?

Mine is probably the PSX conversion of "Hidden and Dangerous" - truly a game SO horrific, I sold it on for €1, and before that a friend of mine swapped it for a pack of crisps..... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

predator on the spectrum 48k

god awful

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

I'd have to say "Age of Mythology".....spent my youth on AoE and then this crap came out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Worst game I bought: Final Fantasy X-2, not the worst ever but definitely the worst RPG I've ever played and a huge disappointment.

Worst game I've ever played: Dark Castle for the sega megadrive
    A game from a time when EA didn't make make crap licensed and sports games. It was a time when they made torture implementations. One of the many reasons (replace reasons with crap games) why sega wouldn't manufacture cartridges for EA and why the megadrive EA cartridges are different from others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

why the megadrive EA cartridges are different from others

Damn, I always wondered why that was! The cart which was slightly taller with a pointless detatchable yellow bit.

They made some good games as well though....! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They did and it was a big mistake by Sega since their next games were the brilliant Madden, NHL and desert strike and they missed out on huge cuts from there following games and sports series. They also published Squares games in the US (imagine how popular the saturn would have been with EA and Square games on it) although EA published some excellent hardcore shooters in japan for the Saturn. However at the time you couldn't blame them since EA made some atrocities.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

wideband wrote:
    I'd have to say "Age of Mythology".....spent my youth on AoE and then this crap came out.

AoM worst game evrer are you mad?, I would say SWG was the worst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Enter the Matrix hands down winner

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Captain Planet on the Amiga.
    Worst. Game. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭avatar

Daikatana.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go cut my fingers off for typing the "D" word.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Sin on the pc, came out a few yrs ago. based on the q2 platform.
    Total crap due to the amount of bugs.

• Advertisement

Sin was quite good after some patching up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Muff Master

The Thing on ps2 or splinter cell (for its controls only, before someone goes off on a rant).. :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Catwoman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Unit00

A fighting game called Rise of the Robots on any platform I have played it on. It was terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Driver 3.... absolute crap....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Unit00 wrote:
    A fighting game called Rise of the Robots on any platform I have played it on. It was terrible
    i remember that, bad bad game

anyone remember halflife on the ps2

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Zulu wrote:
    Captain Planet on the Amiga.
    Worst. Game. Ever.
    That was one of the first games I ever played on my Amiga, so I have a bit of a soft spot for it.

haha... that first level was great where you had to repair the ozone layer so that seals could walk across it to safety... ha... what was going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

wideband wrote:

you obviously havent played many games if you think this is the worst game ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Rise of the Robots by Acclaim struck me as one of the worst games I ever played. Even an original score and crappy digitalized opening by Brian May couldn't help it.

Superman 64 is up there too. He flies! He breathes ice! He flies through rings!

He flies through rings!

(repeat ad nauseum)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

Tusky wrote:
    you obviously havent played many games if you think this is the worst game ever made.

just because its a big budget game dosn't mean its not crap imo..... and even if i have only played 4 games.............................it's still the worst of the 4 imo. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Daikatana. I felt violated after playing that atrocious atempt at a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

AoM wasn't *that* bad, in fact I would go so far as to say I enjoyed most of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

street fighter 2 or hard drivin on the commodore 64... both astonishingly bad games!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Bubsy 3d or .... something Kart Racing on PSone. In my defence, I bought neither, but I've never played anything so bad as them. Unbelievable. Hell in your eyes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

c_ET_Silver_front.jpg

Atari buried 5 million unsold copies of E.T. in the New Mexico desert it was so bad.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

ObiWan on xbox - pretty rough stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

iregk wrote:
    street fighter 2 or hard drivin on the commodore 64... both astonishingly bad games!!!

SF2 was the best selling C64 game every week for a year,

after every round... "press play on tape"

What about Terminator 2 on C64 tape, used to take 5 mins to load the second level which would start instantly upon loading, the bike would crash into the first obsticle if you weren't ready, and you'd have to load the first level again! GRRRRRRR!!!!! Multiload hell

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

ET The Extra-terrestrial
    Use with joystick controller.
    What else were you going to use it with on the Atari 2600?

Oh, and speaking of multi loads. The first ever full price game I bought for my C64 was Ghostbusters 2 for £12.99. It was horrible. You'd press start on the title screen and it would spend ages loading in the first level, and you'd usually get killed fairly quickly and then you'd have to rewind and load up the title screen again.

I learned a valuable lesson though. I have never trusted a licenced game since that day. Although Batman the Movie was actually one of my favourite games from that era.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Jesus yeah this was terrible, but I still stand by my original statement of The PSX conversion of Hidden and dangerous!

BTW - Sin was an excellent game for its time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Sin was a lovely little game.

Virtuoso is probably the worst game I've ever played. I'm sure anyone who has 'played' it will understand.

Advertisement