Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Game Ever?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep. Sin was great. Greatly over shadowed by Half Life though, which came out at around the same time.

Sin actually took alot form Golden Eye.

It was supposed to be horribly bugged when it first came out though. The copy I bought came with a patch CD though. There is actually an anime movie based on Sin... I've never seen it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Fade to black on PS. I have awful memories of that game. The controls were cack!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Fade to black on PS. I have awful memories of that game. The controls were cack!!

That was the most frustrating game in the history of the world.
    Step
    Die
    That was about all there was to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Haven't played the PS version, but the PC version was fantastic. As I recall, the PS version was the same but with better graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭JB123

wideband wrote:
    I'd have to say "Age of Mythology".....spent my youth on AoE and then this crap came out.
    Yeah i agree i was hardcore into AOE then this nurdass cr#p came out.Still AOE 3 is due out later this year.Worst game ever Night Rider on the Amstrad cpc464.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

AOM was brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

mayordenis wrote:
    AOM was brilliant.

I have always wanted to play this one but never got around to buying it. And with all of this mixed feelings is it good or no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭mokeymokey

clayfighter 63 1/3
    on the n64 *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Primal Rage was a pretty awful beat-em-up if i remeber, as for fade to black, yeah pants but more pants was flashback, it was on the megedrive/snes, and somehow related to fade to black. But yeah i had nightmares about that one it was so difficult to play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

What else were you going to use it with on the Atari 2600?

atari 2600/VCS has other controllers

Paddle (tennis) controls, analouge wheel, could turn 180 degrees, was used for pong type games, e.g. breakout.

Driving controls, exact same as paddle conrtols but could turn 360 degrees, they were used for driving games like Indy 500.

• Advertisement

Spacedog wrote:
    atari 2600/VCS has other controllers

Paddle (tennis) controls, analouge wheel, could turn 180 degrees, was used for pong type games, e.g. breakout.

Driving controls, exact same as paddle conrtols but could turn 360 degrees, they were used for driving games like Indy 500.
    Ah okay. Fair enough. I missed out on the Atari 2600. I had a VIC 20 at the time.

And jonnybadd, I think Flashback is one of the finest games ever made. I had it on the Amiga 500. But I've played an emulated version of the megadrive one in recent years as well. It's like Prince of Persia with guns and a great plot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

clayfighter 63 1/3

Good Call!

There are alot of people who state their personally unliked games, but are still regarded as fine games in the general gaming community eg AoM, Sin, etc

So far, though, I Definately agree on the following;

ClayFighter
    Primal Rage
    ET
    Rise of the Robots
    Superman 64

I think youd be hard pressed to find anyone who found any of these worthy of full price!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Oh, and speaking of multi loads. The first ever full price game I bought for my C64 was Ghostbusters 2 for £12.99. It was horrible. You'd press start on the title screen and it would spend ages loading in the first level, and you'd usually get killed fairly quickly and then you'd have to rewind and load up the title screen again.

i had ghostbusters 2 on the amstrad 464 and i loved it.. rember the level where you had to collect an ooze sample from the subway.. being lowered on a pulley shooting ghosts... quality

cant seem to remember the multi load bit of it, maybe i just forget about it when i look back with my rose tinted glasses on..

as for my worst game ever, i had the misfortune of playing simpsons hit and run on the gamecube recently... my god what tripe

Malice on the PS2 is probably the most recent really bad game I've played.

It feels like a platform game made by people who have only read about platform games in books but never actually played one.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

daikantana - or however it was spelt.

utter poop

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think i'm the only person that liked fade to black. It is horribly dated now but I enjoyed it. As for Flashback, it was a classic and anyone who doesn't agree needs a slap.

I had Street Fighter 2 on the C64 as well. I remember playing it on easiest and finishing it on the first go and then playing it on the hardest setting and finished it without getting hit once. It was terrible and all the special moves were either taken out or completely different from the ones listed in the manual or on the original game. Only good thing was when it got buggy once and everytime I hit one of the enemies they would split into 6 and explode before reforming. It was hilarious.

the worst multi loader was darkman on the C64. After loading for 10 mins halkfway through the game it tells you to turn the tape over. Then after 30 minutes of loading I thought it had crashed but left it on anyway. then after45 minutes the game started. i then died in the first 30 seconds and realised I had one life left and had to reload the game and start again. i never played it again.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    the worst multi loader was darkman on the C64. After loading for 10 mins halkfway through the game it tells you to turn the tape over. Then after 30 minutes of loading I thought it had crashed but left it on anyway. then after45 minutes the game started. i then died in the first 30 seconds and realised I had one life left and had to reload the game and start again. i never played it again.
    Yeah. I remember the Dark Man game. There were mini games where you had to take photos of the guy you wanted to impersonate.

The level on the roof tops with the helicopter chasing you was a little bit fun.. but otherwise it was pretty horrible...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

AoM, what a pathetic excuse for an RTS, Rise of Nations was well pants too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Primal Rage was a pretty awful beat-em-up if i remeber, as for fade to black, yeah pants but more pants was flashback, it was on the megedrive/snes, and somehow related to fade to black. But yeah i had nightmares about that one it was so difficult to play

Jesus christ. Do you realise how far ahead of it's time flashback was? It was one of the first games to use motion capture for animations. The cut scenes were in 3d. The storyline and gameplay were excellent. It wasn't related to fade to black at all apart from looking slightly similar. It's probably in the top 10 megadrives games of all time. You definitely deserve a slap for saying that.

I really enjoyed fade to black on the megadrive. It was a really hard game but enjoyable once you figured out puzzles ect. It also used motion capture for the animation and had a similar style of gameplay to flashback but it was no-where near as good.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭trippertds

Carmaggden for the PSX was terrrrrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

FIFA 98: Road To World Cup (PS1) - the last football game I played. Godawful.
    Need For Speed Underground (GBA) - there is no emoticon for how bad this is. Oddly enough my 12 year old sister loves it.
    Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles(GC) - just pants. Most boring game I've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I think i'm the only person that liked fade to black.

It's probably one of my favourite games. One thing I loved was the very inventive death animations that played whenever you were killed...

As for the worst games I've ever played, I think 'Kings Field' and 'Lone Soldier' for the PS1 take the cake(s)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I think i'm the only person that liked fade to black. It is horribly dated now but I enjoyed it.
    I doubt it. As I recall PC Zone gave it 94%. Fantastic game, very absorbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I completed Flashback which was a great game or so i thought back in the day. Conrad and his mad jumping and holocube stuff going on. However recently i booted up teh Snes for a game of it and my 1337 skills were all gone. It was very frustrating and full of pixel perfect jumps! None the less I still will remember it fondly.

I also like Fade to Black which feautured our intrepid hero Conrad again and some of teh morphing baddies. Great game but uber tough, i never did finish it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The lawnmower man for the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

id say red faction, utterly deplorable

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

grimloch wrote:

another supposedly bad game that I enjoyed playing. Definitely not a great game but it was okay. For me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Man, I loved that game, still do. Im an xbox man, but bought a ps2 just to play that whenever the urge took me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

mokeymokey wrote:
    clayfighter 63 1/3
    on the n64 *shudders*
    I remember the games magazines said it was crap but they were wrong :D

I'd say unreal 2. Dreadfull, dreadfull game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

the whole splinter cell series complete tripe.

Advertisement