Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Game Ever?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

"D" on the PS One blew. As did Postal 2 for PC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

mokeymokey wrote:
    clayfighter 63 1/3
    on the n64 *shudders*

yea i would say this is up there.

pokemon channel also has to be the biggest waste of a disc ever

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Willem D wrote:
    the whole splinter cell series complete tripe.

Without causing argument - but my god, did you even play any of them - and i mean for any length of time? Seriously good games. You a MGS fan by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Unreal 2? Postal 2? Splinter Cell? Sin?

You may not like these games but to argue they are the worst game ever is utter stupidity.

I'm looking for the actual worst games ever - games that a huge majority of the gaming population just say "oh yeah, that WAS crap!"

95% of people liked the games mentioed above, either back then in their release dates or still today - hence they are/were very popular and hardly qualify in a cateogry of worst games ever.

So far, suggestions like ET, Clayfighter, Rise of the Robots, superman 64, etc, are definately an example of a game absolutely almost no one liked, and were even in their day considered by almost everyone to be absolute crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Willem D wrote:
    the whole splinter cell series complete tripe.

what a stupid post, this and the other one about AoM, obviously not the worst games ever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I had Street Fighter 2 on the C64 as well. I remember playing it on easiest and finishing it on the first go and then playing it on the hardest setting and finished it without getting hit once. It was terrible and all the special moves were either taken out or completely different from the ones listed in the manual or on the original game.

Yeah I remember that as well, i was ok at it in the arcade so i played it on easy and finished it first got also. then finished it first go on hard!

The special moves in the book were the actual ones from the arcade but for some reason on the commodore you just had to move the joy stick left then right and press punch for a fire ball!!!! up and punch was a draggon punch... so bad it was not even funny and to think it came out on C64 after it did on SNES!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I cant remember what it was called but it used to be in the arcade in the basement there beside the lapdancing club on the quays just off O'connell St where the old Bus Stop used to be.
    It was a laser disk game that was about this knight in a boat, total crap, cos it was laser disk there was minimal interaction.

<edit> it was called dragons lair, bag of sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Daikatana... why George, WHY?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

ok heres a few that i can remember being really chronic - real pick them up and throw them out the window games -

Another World (snes/mega drive) - probly cos i was so sh!t at it
    Ballz (mega drive) - Beat em up
    Killer Instinct (snes) - Beat em up
    Rune Viking Warlord (PS2)
    Beavis and Butthead - The game (snes/mega drive)
    Waynes world - The game (snes)
    Cut-throat Island (snes)

Most of the above games were probably released on other platforms too, these are only the systems i (think) i remember playing them on.

Oh and Global Gladiators on the Amiga too .... Grrrrrr

Daikatana... why George, WHY?

......George?

• Advertisement

......George?
    George A Romero had a hand in it... good man, bad choices

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Here's one for you:
    "Back 2 Skool" - Spectrum 48K
    "The Goonies" - Spectrum 48K

...well two anyway.

Rhyme wrote:
    George A Romero had a hand in it... good man, bad choices

George Romero Made the Dead trilogy. And other movies like "The Crazies"

Perhaps you mean JOHN Romero, the designer of Quake and Doom, as well as Daikatana.....

George Romero Made the Dead trilogy. And other movies like "The Crazies"

Perhaps you mean JOHN Romero, the designer of Quake and Doom, as well as Daikatana.....
    That is correct... i cant see to distinguish.

"Daikatana... why John, WHY?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

I remember years ago PC Format used publish synopses of all the games they had reviewed over the years in an index at the back of the magazine. One game got their lowest score they ever awarded: 1%. The game was called 'Paragliding' by a crowd called Loriciel. The review read "encase in cement and bury at sea".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Jimboo_Jones

JB123 wrote:
    Yeah i agree i was hardcore into AOE then this nurdass cr#p came out.Still AOE 3 is due out later this year.Worst game ever Night Rider on the Amstrad cpc464.

I wouldn't say that AoM was the worse game ever, it certainly was the most dissapointing game I have played. I had played loads of AoK2, but AoM... was just sooooo disapointing.... still there was fun to be had, like sending 30 collosus's at an enemy.

But overall a big letdown when compared to AoK2

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

c - 13 wrote:
    Another World (snes/mega drive) - probly cos i was so sh!t at it

pleb

SyxPak wrote:
    pleb

Please elaborate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

lawnmower man pc-cd

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

c - 13 wrote:
    Please elaborate

Eh, because it's a classic and still a fantastic game.

• Advertisement

OK then - to each their own i guess - I withdraw that comment.
    Maybe I just couldnt get into it myself.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Novastorm on the PlayStation, God it was awful!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

KdjaC wrote:
    Enter the Matrix hands down winner

Yup totally agree,
    also Goldeneye:RA would be a good runner up.
    Yearly update games also get on my tits but arent worthy of worst game ever status

Advertisement