Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pipe Music Wanted

Options
  • 08-04-2005 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

Lo all,
    My mum's looking for "pipe" music. Seemingly its relaxing, and its up to me to get it for her. So I was wondering do any of ye know any bands/musicians that do pipe music? Thanks for any help.

/edit
    She tells me its "pan pipes" that she wants. And here's me getting lots of diddly-idle trad pipe music :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Eoghan-psych

What, pray tell, is pipe music?

Do you mean pipe music as in Uileann or Bag pipes? I hope not, because these are pretty much the *least* relaxing instruments mankind has ever developed!

Maybe you are looking for pan pipe music, which *can* be relaxing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭that guy

Get her a nice scottish Bagpiping recording. Then tell her to run a nice hot bath, with some posh aromatherapy crystals, maybe some pot pourri, perhaps a face pack and a little glass of sherry, and then turn up the stereo nice and loud and press play...

oh and ah, stand well back.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Liam Óg O' Flynn, master Uileann Piper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Shadowdancer

http://www.irishongrand.com/detail/309

This kind of stuff is not really - by a long stretch - Irish Music,but if it's for the Ma..

Each to their own...

Slan,
    S.

BTW...Paddy Keenan would leave Liam Og standing..even on a bad day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

could be panpipes she is looking for.

and if the right tune is played uileann pipes can be relaxing, take some of the tracks from the riverdance soundtrack for example.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Besprechen

try Macumba, available on musicscotland.com, good piping there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 koala

liam o'flynn from planxty, he's my mums cousin related to the crehans

Advertisement