Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is €300 too much to pay for a PSP?

• 08-04-2005 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of importing one, but will they cost much less than €300 when released over here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,568 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Cyrus wrote:
    Thinking of importing one, but will they cost much less than €300 when released over here?
    it will cost 200-250 here and wont be out for a couple of months and http://www.aheadgames.com/ have a good price

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

The value pack (better one) is €249 on like-sang.

http://www.lik-sang.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

aheadgames is the value pack?

dont think they sold the standard pack in US

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

payed €300 for the value pack with two games and umm spiderman2(yah i know its free :D) granted one of the games is gretzky which isnt worth the plastic its burnt onto but hey! still worth it to see peoples faces when i turn it on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

i imprted one from lik sang but had to return it because of dead pixils what are the chances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

Did anyone who imported have to pay import duty? im tempted to buy one off liksang but ive had trouble with their carrier (ups) regarding import duty before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭dor83

I imported mine from videogamesplus.com, you have to get the gretzky bundle, but they mark it down for you so you avoid paying customs. I'd rather get gretzky, which isnt that bad, than pay customs. the only problem with this is that it's only insured for the value on the box, mine was $20, so if it gets lost you only get that value. its up to you whether you want to risk it, i got mine with no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

what comes in the value back other than the psp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

memory card, earphones, case

Jammer wrote:
    memory card, earphones, case
    which by the way are crap [crap offical stuff :mad: ]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bazz

Does the PSP have a memory card facility or built-in memory?

Bazz wrote:
    Does the PSP have a memory card facility or built-in memory?
    it has a memory card

this is the card which comes with the psp value pack
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=91513&item=8183175247&rd=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

the memory cards arent bad value actually 50 pounds for 512mb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

There about £30 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bazz

Typical Sony. Capitalist feckers. Design as many peripherals as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Bazz wrote:
    Typical Sony. Capitalist feckers. Design as many peripherals as possible.

In fairness to them the hardware is worth the expenditure on the peripherals....well the jury's out on the UMD but memory sticks are as good a way to go as anything.

I paid €335 for the US value pack, 2 games and a screen protector. This included delivery. The store sent it with a dodgy customs slip which basically meant I dodged VAT/duty.

The headphones are crap...avoid.
    Case is ok...nbothing more.
    Card is handy for game saves and a few photos but buy bigger for music/video.
    Demo UMD is crap, SM2 was okay, but only cos I hadn't seen it.

Wipeout Pure is the dog's proverbials. One of the best games I've played in years.

To summarize, yes it's worth it if only for the fact that they'll cost more here when they eventually release them...if you can afford one now then go buy one now. Nuff said...

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

what shop did you buy from Wertz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/PSP-1001K.html

Like I said the headphones are no advantage, but the whole extra lot of stuff in the value pack comes to more than $40...those headphones sell for $39 apparently :eek:

Advertisement