Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icemat-15$

• 08-04-2005 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I've recently seen that one dude sold Icemat black for 15$ on e-bay. Pretty lot's of people bet for it. Is it a small price for it? And does it cost this money?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

https://www.icemat.com/shop/default.asp?main=products

see for yourself.

they are not the best mouse mat in my opinion, they are too cold on your hand and make a lot of noise, but then again you can't say what's the best mouse mat as everyone is different.

at the moment i'm using a func1030 and find that it's brilliant it has two sides rough/smooth (optical/rollerball) and i can't fault it at all.

other mat to look at would be the steelpad S&S it's basically a bigger func1030 but only has one side (rough side) www.steelpad.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

that is very cheap

I love icemat, it's great mousepad, never wears out, it's that cold, very smooth, and works awesome with optics

1030 is very good, but it's smooth size wears out very fast and then makes a very annoying sound too, forcing you to use the rouch side

I'd say

1. Icemat
    2. 1030
    3. everything else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

For sheer durability you cant beat the origional RatPad, they remade the Ratpad though, and the new ones are CR*P, but the origionals are brilliant, shame they dont sell them any more :(

my 1030 doesn't make any noise, and i'm using mouse skates that i got with my icemat on my mouse.

pity my icemat broke on me, it wasn't the worst mat out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Been using the 1030 for about a month now on my wireless optical and I have to say I love it, smooth, rapid responsive and looks a hell of alot better than my old dell foam mousemat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Would pressing your wrist against a freezing cold surface for hours on end not give you a chill? what good is having a cold moust mat, if anything I think I'd prefer one with a heater in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It warms up fairly quickly

what about in summer?

I have both icemat and 1030, use 1030 in winter, icemat in summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I'd go with a func. Icemats are just too noisy and not as smooth as the func imo. Get some teflon skates and your laughing.

BloodBath

I also use shoe polishing sponges on func, try it, you won't believe how slippery and smooth it will become

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I’m not sure which is stranger, that people still use mouse mats, or that people pay so much for a small piece of glass with rounded edges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Your obviously not a serious gamer then monument.

BloodBath

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Why? Because I don’t need the smoothness of glass with an optical mouse, or because if I did have a rollerball mouse I wouldn’t pay so much (the normal price, not the e-bay price) for such a small piece of glass? Anyway, it was only a spear-of-the-moment tongue-in-cheek comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

icemat has to be the worst piece of overpriced sh1t i ve ever used, its cold, it makes the same noise as using a crisp bag as a mousemat and frictionless (which some ppl may like) for me this was so annoying then I got a fUnc which was 15quid from alienware and with 2 sides and a rubber base and clip to keep the cable from annoying me its rough side is simliar to the icemat but with some friction which gives more a responsive feel compared to the run away feel of the icemat, smooth side has slighty more friction so i would say dont waste ure money buy an alienware fUnc worth every penny imo

Ps: id say monument can prob use an awp

if you're playing games properly you need a mouse mat.

the drag a table creates on the mouse does do wonders though for your aim.

Advertisement