Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Door" for NTL and Eircom boxes

Options
  • 08-04-2005 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, just moved into a new house and noticed that the boxes that house the NTL and eircom connections are without the doors, so basically the wires are exposed to the world.
    Anyone know where I could pick up these guys? I havent seen them around any of the usual suspects.
    They are about 1/2 the size of the one that houses the Gas Meter.
    I asked Eircom and NTL and they said they would do it next time they were in the area.... :rolleyes:
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

If it's a modern Eircom job then the wires will be joined in a circular plastic "thing" which should be grease filled.

Looks cheap and nasty but they seen to work well and don't expose the metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

If it's a modern Eircom job then the wires will be joined in a circular plastic "thing" which should be grease filled. It's about the size of a 20 cent coin and placed in a plastic box on the wall.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

when you get them
    screw them closed with a long screw (philips 1 1/2 long)
    or you will loose them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

kasintahan wrote:
    If it's a modern Eircom job then the wires will be joined in a circular plastic "thing" which should be grease filled. It's about the size of a 20 cent coin and placed in a plastic box on the wall.

Yeah thats all there, but I wanted the door to close it off
    It looks kinda crap and cant be a good thing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Concidence or wha ?
    this is what greeted me when I came home to day.

• Advertisement

Bugger!!
    went to all that trouble and then I dropped them damn thing! :eek:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

both of mine just fell off within a week of each other, ive seen better made Blue Peter projects! :(

I just used duck-tape cleverly concealed to hold em on, but then i get tons of "estimated" bills saying the reader "couldnt gain access to the meter" so be warned!

Rang them both, said how the local kids were fiddling with the wires and they said they would have someone out within the next few days...
    I'll let you know what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dconwho

The door fell off on mine and I rang Eircom. They had it replced in two days.

NTL door was on when I got home last night. Fair play to them.
    There was also a note from Eircom in the letter box, "Please ring 1901 to get your fault fixed" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement