Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics gone private

Options
  • 08-04-2005 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

Couldnt help but notice that a second politcs board has been created and that its private. I checked the "Fourms" forum and politics and here and perhaps Im just blind but I couldnt see any posts or threads about it.

What exactly is going on? Is politics going to become like soccer with the whole access system or has a seperate forum been created where more mature debates can happen?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Hah, noticed exactly the same thing. It is viewable in the "New" bar up above, and the other one is still open...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

And 'PI' aswell. Another Personal Issues forum or somat? For like, very personal and private issues.

Could all just be a glitch in the matrix.

Could all just be a glitch in the matrix.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's probably for inter-mod discussions for the mods of these boards. Mods of these two boards spend a lot of time PMing eachother about certain threads and moderating issues, and had asked for boards for this purpose to make things much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What seamus the clever bean said. Its not a conspiracy theory, it's just that we want to talk about you behind your backs.

Incidentally it was Hobart's idea to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Couldnt help but notice that a second politcs board has been created and that its private. I checked the "Fourms" forum and politics and here and perhaps Im just blind but I couldnt see any posts or threads about it.

What exactly is going on? Is politics going to become like soccer with the whole access system or has a seperate forum been created where more mature debates can happen?

mind your own business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Gordon wrote:

sly dog that he is

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Don't listen to those folks above trying to throw you off the scent of the Truth. It's not a convenience for board moderators to have discussion and contact in preference to unwieldy private messages, it's a secret cabal intent on presenting the planet to their lizard leaders. They'll invite in desirables over time while eliminating the unwanted and erasing their former existences in real life. Listen, I can't talk long as I hear one of them coming down the corridor. If this post is deleted by the overlords or by the great lizard Bush please copy it afterwards and paste it around the internet. Maintain the truth, the future of the planet's freedom is in your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

I crave and beg for access to these sekrit fora and their mystikal dealings with our [STRIKE]insect[/STRIKE] lizard overlords. Planet freedom bedamned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

A sad day indeed.

Not for melodrama though, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

BuffyBot wrote:
    Not for melodrama though, it seems.

zing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

sceptre wrote:
    Don't listen to those folks above trying to throw you off the scent of the Truth. It's not a convenience for board moderators to have discussion and contact in preference to unwieldy private messages, it's a secret cabal intent on presenting the planet to their lizard leaders. They'll invite in desirables over time while eliminating the unwanted and erasing their former existences in real life. Listen, I can't talk long as I hear one of them coming down the corridor. If this post is deleted by the overlords or by the great lizard Bush please copy it afterwards and paste it around the internet. Maintain the truth, the future of the planet's freedom is in your hands.
    I knew it!.
    The feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I was wondering why my ears were burning:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

your not considered cool unless you have at least one private forum on your subscribed list.

seriously though, how will this benefit the site, what kind of stuff do the politics mods want to discuss that other moderators dont want to see.

In PI maybe there might be a case for this with regard to users anonymity but in politcs?

Just a little thing:

Afaik the PI mods do not discuss anonymous posts wrt the respective possible user behind such posts.

Also, we want a forum to discuss stuff that other mods and users can't see. You guys are all cool with that right? You dig it yeah? Where else can we talk about Irish1 and mercury tilt? Hobart for one agrees with us and thinks that, in fact, each user should get their own private board. I duno, what you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

The mods that are moaning about this are just pissed off that they're no longer privy to the ins and outs of all the mod decisions everywhere, ever.

I think I'll ask for a private broadband one and post on it regularly, just to piss off all the nosey little gobshítes.

.. there is of course the small matter of it only being me that would actually post in said forum, but these are technicalitys that could be worked out at a future date.

So yes, as I was saying.

That's just not cricket.

The hippies are to blame.

hobart controls everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Moriarty wrote:
    The mods that are moaning about this are just pissed off that they're no longer privy to the ins and outs of all the mod decisions everywhere, ever.
    Not that they ever were:)

They usually got a decision and an outlet for throwing in their ha'pennyworth after.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

sceptre wrote:
    it's a secret cabal intent on presenting the planet to their lizard leaders.

I for one welcome our new lizard overlords.

:)

jc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Why does the politics one have the same name though? Just think, if it had been called Trigonometry this thread would never have existed.
    Although I'm probably being a bit naive vis-a-vis hardcore maths fans.

God damnit. Stop giving them ideas.

¬_¬

Just to ease everyone's mind on what goes on in our Private forum, here's a screenshot of it.

grab.jpg

As you can see, it is only there for the smooth running of our board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Gordon wrote:
    Just to ease everyone's mind on what goes on in our Private forum, here's a screenshot of it.

grab.jpg

See I can't tell if he's being sarcastic, or if those threads aren't weirdly plausible.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

sceptre wrote:

Sceptre knows too much, prepare him for Lizardification....

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

*slinks off to prepare the white-hot pokers and vat of super glue*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

for some reason that post just makes me think of az. stop it moriarty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Random bans and deletions. Interesting.

Users real names. Interesting.

Hobart's mom. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Gordon wrote:
    Don't be giving me all the credit Gordi. It was actually mine and Gordon's idea. we thrashed it out over a bottle of ouzo and a few pints one night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Gordon wrote:

Damn if only the rep system was still in place.

Advertisement