Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My feet are killing me...

Options
  • 08-04-2005 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

...from walking the length and breath of Galway city today visiting (or hunting down) various recruitment companies to submit CV's...

And low and behold HALF OF THEM DON'T EVEN EXIST!!!! :(:confused:

Anyone else had this problem? (I ain't gonna name names that'd be unfair!)

But in all fairness, who are these companies? Who advertises for them and how come their all STILL listed in the Golden Pages!?

Seriously, I'd have gotten home at 3pm (from 11am start) if I hadn't had to trapse all over the place like this.... *sigh*

PS: anyone know of and Customer Services/Admin jobs going... hehehe :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 cupidstunt

half_dead wrote:
    (I ain't gonna name names that'd be unfair!)
    Why isn't it fair?? If these companys dont exist you'll be doing others a favour by letting us all know, if they do exist, and you simply couldn't find them, someone might be able to set you right, (many Galway officies seem to be poorly listed and share accomodation with others, and many have diabolical signage outside - if any at all.
    The only recruitment company in Galway that I know is ICE Recruitment on Fr. Griffin Rd., but the need for these companys seems to have declined with the boom and Celtic Tiger and 'what not'.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Just ring them, have a chat and email your CV to them. Then sit back and watch as the clueless slave traders start offering your jobs that are completely incompatible with what you told them you were looking for, or try to dispatch you to the far reaches of Mayo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

'Strue. Recruitment agencies are a bit rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Going from the experience of someone I know... its best not to hand around CV's to half a dozen offices in one day, only for their lasting impression to be the smell of sweat hitting their nostils as you pass by. Straight to the bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭half_dead

Thanks for the responses folks...

Cupidstunt - Just don't want to make myself liable, ya know... but if anyone wants names I will PM them... (the safer option!) ;)

Robbo - hehehehe :p ...yup, its happened...

DMC - Yeah, been told that alright, but mostly was just trying to find out where most others were so I could apply if the 3 I did apply to fell through...

• Advertisement
Advertisement