Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ticket

• 08-04-2005 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭

did anyone read the review of garden state in the irish times magazine today?
    and then did you happen to see the ad for garden state near the back of the ticket?
    on the ad it says :
    'charming, sad, funny...an excellent cast...beautifully shot and superbly acted...a remarkable debut' The Ticket - The Irish times

where did they get these quotes cos in the review there's no mention of anything similar....

and another thing i don't like the zach braff-bashing donald clarke does in his review, i think his acting is more then 'scrunching his brow at peculiar events' ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

garden state was shown as part of the film festival this year, so it was probably taken from that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

It was reviewed a while back. Last week or the week before, was the cover of The Ticket the week it was reviewed.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Aye, I'm assuming that Michael Dwyer did the original review that was quoted in the ad. He can differ a bit from Donald Clarke's opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

ixoy wrote:
    Aye, I'm assuming that Michael Dwyer did the original review that was quoted in the ad. He can differ a bit from Donald Clarke's opinions.

True but I think they make a good team of reviewers. I love Clarke's bitchy 1-star reviews - they're usually pretty funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

I actually hate that rag but end up reading it on Friday mornings because its handy for the films...The music section sucks though: really limited selection and then a big waste of space spent laughing at new singles and the charts. Boo-urns.

Best part for me is the film listings and the highly-rated reviews...ie Just cause they say something's crap doesn't mean I won't enjoy it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭solo1

I love Clarke's bitchy 1-star reviews - they're usually pretty funny.
    I love crap reviews in anything: Q; Empire; SFX. Funny stuff.

Advertisement