Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New York Travel Guide

• 08-04-2005 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭

I'm heading to New York from May to September, and I'm looking for some decent travel guide recommendations - something that would cover the tourist sites, shopping, recreation and to a (much) lesser extent, eating out. But above all it has to have a good section on the different boroughs/areas. And maybe a map?

Since I'm going on a J1 I'll be on a tight budget, so I'm looking for something that's more geared to student travellers rather than say weekend breaks or honeymooners.

Preferably something that can be bought online - since any of the ones I've seen all seem to cost €25+.

The only one that I've been able to have a look at in a bookshop is the Lonely Planet New York guide, which seems pretty good, but if there are any better ones out there, I'd love to know about them.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Hi Bah,

We were there in December and had bought loads of books to read up on where and where not to go etc. The best of the books in my opinion was "The Rough Guide to New York City". I found it to be very informative and so much so that it came with us.

To help with your search the ISBN is 1-85828-869-X

Enjoy New York and be safe.

OK I envy you - I'd love to heading state-side for the Summer :> (

Advertisement