Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dubes/Dubarrys

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Decks are great. I don't think anyone knows what they are over so it's a non-issue, but when I'm in Dublin I can say that I actually /do/ sail sometimes. I've seen decks that you couldn't actually wear on a boat, which is ****ing retarded if you ask me.

I don't wear them that often anymore though 'cos I most of my trousers don't drape over the lacing (Plus I wear a suit 5 days a week). I don't like to show me lacing!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I agree on that wez , that abercrombie should not be worn top and bottom by the way im from d14 where abouts do u liv and wt school r u in?
    This isn't a chat site. PM if you wanna ask that kinda thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I agree on that wez , that abercrombie should not be worn top and bottom by the way im from d14 where abouts do u liv and wt school r u in?

Abercrombie shouldn't be worn full stop.

And decks are annoying expensive pieces of crap, they look all right with girls uniforms though, better than those chunky school shoes. guys who wear them are fags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

They are sailing shoes. I do not sail. Ergo I have no need for them.

hate hate hate hate hate them ewww
    They remind me of that tragic fashion era we read about and would rather forget! my parents had them when they were young and ''cool'' waaaay back in the day [o yeah my dad was a sailor...a reeal old skool one...yes i know.....]
    Anyway, they've become so popular in my school that the principle is goin to make them compulsory from next sept. -thank god i'll be gone[hopefully!]
    She's quite a fan [even with the white soles] coz they look tidy and are 'safer' than high heels some girls wear [i personally find it harder to walk in flats]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 GingerGem

do these dubes get u high or somethin cause u must be stoned to wear them, they are awful.
    Its like a cult or a disease that infects fee payin school,
    Cough! Loretto Cough cough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭TheMurrinator

yer just jelous dat ur not in any loreto cough cough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I think there rotten lookin.. I was forced to wear a pair when i was about 10 and i remember cryin for the whole day because i hated them so much..

its worse when ya see them been worn under o neills.. lord what do people be thinking when they dress themselves... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Orla, that's actually so true! You know the way you get up in the morning, get dressed, spend a minute infront of the mirror making sure what you're wearing looks good then do your hair etc. Some people have no clue! They obviously have no mirrors.. I keep thinking that whenever I see someone wearing stupid looking clothes. Anybody know that 'French' woman that walks around town singing out loud and flirting with like every guy she sees. Now, does she have a mirror? I think not.

EDIT: After receiving a pm I just wanna say I'm serious..

Murrinator.. I'll send ya a pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Drive by Loreto Foxrock when all th girls are on lunch or something, and look at the AMOUNT of brown & white dubes. It's like they're tailormade for the uniform because they're the exact same colours.

They must get ****ed up during hockey or whatever when they all have to leave their dubes in the same place. Just pick up a pair that fit I suppose, they're all wearing the same thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

you all say they are ugly but i swear if any of you were dumped in a dublin private school and 100yoyo placed in your hand you would be wearing them within a week :p:D:p

nope, you're wrong, i'm in a private school, i don't wear them, i've a pair of loafers, cheaper than dubes, more comfortable, and more practical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Guys, I focking love my Dubes. They are so comfortable, it's like walking on a little piece of heaven! I wear them with O Neills, jeans, white linen trousers, those baggy grey track bottoms but NEVER skirts. Saw a girl at Old Wesley on Saturday wearing them with a green mini rara skirt. I was like "Do NOT even go there". They are a typically classy shoes, but one does not wear them with a skirt. Unless it's a school skirt, obviously. And the whole confusion thing when everyone thakes them off- the soles are white, you write your name on the heel! Or your friends write on them for you. I was walking around on Danzer and Eavan for weeks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

i have 2 pairs. navy and brown. these are my 3/4th pair. they are great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Guys, I focking love my Dubes. They are so comfortable, it's like walking on a little piece of heaven! I wear them with O Neills, jeans, white linen trousers, those baggy grey track bottoms but NEVER skirts. Saw a girl at Old Wesley on Saturday wearing them with a green mini rara skirt. I was like "Do NOT even go there". They are a typically classy shoes, but one does not wear them with a skirt. Unless it's a school skirt, obviously. And the whole confusion thing when everyone thakes them off- the soles are white, you write your name on the heel! Or your friends write on them for you. I was walking around on Danzer and Eavan for weeks!!

OH MY FOCKING GOD, COULD YOU SOUND ANY MORE D4? You make me ashamed to wear them now.. mind me asking what school you go to?

nevermind.. reading from your posts in the ROCK thread- you're from mt. Anville.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Its obviously a take piss sherlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Man they disgust me...my best friend wears them all the time...but then, she goes to Loreto on the Green..

^^^^

I go to Loreto on the Green..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 anz

Dubes are without a doubt the most comfortable shoes ever. They go with everything o'niells, jeans etc! TOTALLY agree about not wearing them with a skirt tho (wat was she thinking)! Also everyone is starting 2 copy them now, i seen a ccomplete skanger in town wearing a pair with adidas tracksuit bottoms and gold hoopy earrings!!!

anz wrote:
    Dubes are without a doubt the most comfortable shoes ever. They go with everything o'niells, jeans etc! TOTALLY agree about not wearing them with a skirt tho (wat was she thinking)! Also everyone is starting 2 copy them now, i seen a ccomplete skanger in town wearing a pair with adidas tracksuit bottoms and gold hoopy earrings!!!

lol! It's horrible seeing knacks wearing them.. They don't suit them! I saw a bunch of knackers in the hideout wearing dubes.. Such faggots!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

sorry but how can brown shoes go with navy trousers?

navy and brown do not suit each other

thats why dreesing in one colour is so easy

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ahsurewhynot

Ya see you try and stick up for the dube wearers saying that people overreact and they are just shoes and everyone should relax, but then someone comes out with something like this
    "It's horrible seeing knacks wearing them.. They don't suit them! I saw a bunch of knackers in the hideout wearing dubes.. Such faggots!"

and every stereotype is reinforced.
    I have to say, although I don't wear them myself, I've tried my friends' on and they are pretty damn comfortable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

sorry but how can brown shoes go with navy trousers?

navy and brown do not suit each other

thats why dreesing in one colour is so easy
    Black is like, always in!

Goths, always in style!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Seriously guys, I am not a big snob. Seriously. I hate the way people assume that. Also, guys, what do you all think of hair extensions on girls?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

DAEDULUS wrote:
    you all say they are ugly but i swear if any of you were dumped in a dublin private school and 100yoyo placed in your hand you would be wearing them within a week :p:D:p

like emmet said not all private schools wear them! im in nure i think emmet is there to(if hes who i think he is) and i have dubes but only 5 people in my year myself included have dubes! there are about 150 in my year! most of them would have 100 euro yet they dont have dubes! its nothing to do with school so sory your wrong! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Seriously guys, I am not a big snob. Seriously. I hate the way people assume that. Also, guys, what do you all think of hair extensions on girls?!

depends on girl and how wel it looks! if she looks hot with them then there all gud! if they are obious and dont suit then they are a no-no

...Suzie?

Hair extensions can look pretty sexy on girl.. So can dubes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

SexyD4Lady wrote:

If this is a piss take - it's slightly amusing, but very unoriginal
    If its not - like, Oh. My. God.

(Personally I think dubes are for saps if people just wear them to fit into the whole "D4" thing, however if you're not wearing them for the image thing -fire away)

(and yes, I'm in a private school, and yes I knoe people who wear them , and no, obviously I don't own a pair)

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Finch*

being in st.andrews im surrounded by the D4 and dear god is it sad to see that every single one of them own a pair of dubes, if i had my way, i would round them all up (the shoes not the people) and burn them all. ALL of them, ffs theyre STUPID! why cant they see it??? aaaaaghhh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

no no no
    don't wanna be in your talent show
    no no no no no
    not gona be in your faggy talent show

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement