Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave speed upgrade????

• 08-04-2005 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭

Just wondering are there any plans to increase the speed of ripwave? Or does anybody know is it capable of operating at more than 512k?

I see everybody else seems to be getting their speed doubled and I have to admit I'm getting rather jelous!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭replytohere2004

I asked "oldtitan" this:

Will you be doubling the RipWave speed to 1mb?
    Is it even possible?
    If so, will it require a new modem or can you do it at your end?
    Are you even contemplating this or is it a complete non-runner?

and he replied:

It is physically possible to increase the speeds on RipWave, but we are concerned that it would degrade the service for many basic users, so it is unlikely to happen. We have the Breeze service for 'power users'.

All that we are doing with RipWave is we turned it into a symetrical service to give 512kbps download and upload speeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

What about "power users" that aren't able to get a blleedin antenna on their roof! Sounds like they wouldn't be able to take the extra load if they give ripwave users more bandwidth. I wonder what the number of ripwave users is like compared to breeze users anyway?

Advertisement