Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Action Replay

Options
  • 09-04-2005 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember the Action Replay/Multiface devices for old comps back in the day, they would freeze all activity on the computer and you'd be able to tweks game settings, apply cheat codes, 'back up games' etc. I had Rick Dangerous running around Monsterland (Mayhem in Monsterland) using it. cool dowackey, it would rock if they made one for the PC :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Had one for my Amiga. Was great for saving progress mid-way through a level. Couldn't get many of my own cheats working on it though - most of the time when I changed the values in memory it just stalled the game or made it go totally off the wall!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My action replay 4 in 1 for my sega saturn is a godsend. it allows me to play games that need ram carts (except capcom ones because I didn't modify it), keep loads of save games on it and play import games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Datel still sell the Action Reply, for the likes of PS2 and other consoles. I don't think there will ever be an Action Replay as in the Amiga incarnation as PC's and consoles simly have way too much RAM installed.

Yes, you can cheat at games using PS2 Action Reply, but that is all. I really miss being able to rip soundtracker files off my games. Taking screenshots. Playing around with memory locations, just to see what they would do. Saving a game to disk mid way through it so you could finish it later [some games didn't allow you to save progress]. It was one of the best inventions for the Amiga.

Fortunately I still have an Amiga at home with an Action Replay cartirdge. Full working order. I just don't have time.

Those where the days.

*Edit* Datel go by the name CodeJunkies now, I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bought one for Snes to turn SF2 into Sf2 rainbow and many other variations.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

the one i had on megadrive was cool but it would stop working for days at a time and then jsut work again, never bothered getting one again after that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement