Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Codes

Options
  • 09-04-2005 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody know if you need to contact your mobile operator to get this???

Killian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Not for security codes.
    They are set by you on your phone, or if you havent't changed them, they are factory set.
    Number all depends on phone make etc

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

And how do you find these out???

Well what phone is it? Give me a bit of help here or describe your problem and I'll try help you out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Unlockmyphone

The default security cod on most phones is either one of these -1234/12345/0000/00000. Most popular is usually 12345

If it is none of these then it has been changed by some one and can only be got rid of by reprogramming the phone ie resetting the security code to the default.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

In my case, Vodafone sent me to Nokia and Nokia sent me to a phone shop. Call into a Vodafone shop, Carfone warehouse, or one of those places and they should be able to sort it for you.

I'm not sure if the unlock requires completely reflashing your phone or not though (i.e. erasing it and setting it back to defaults).

People keep mentioning some place on Dawson St too I think, though I'm not 100% sure...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

The default security cod on most phones is either one of these -1234/12345/0000/00000. Most popular is usually 12345

QUOTE]

Thankin you,this worked perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

ciaranfo - Just so you know, the firmware cannot be updated unless you know your security code ;)

- Neil

The phone can be unlocked with the same cable which updates your firmware theothernt, at least this is what I've been told by a number of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flankerb

For Nokia phones try Logomanager it reads the security code of the phone.
    I used with irda but should work with a data cable aswell.

Do you have a link for that Flankerb ?

• Advertisement

logomanager.co.uk

Bah, this stuff be costing money :(

What exactly are you trying to so? Unlock your phone from the network? Flash it with unbranded s/w? Or reset your security code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Unlockmyphone

kmart6 wrote:

QUOTE]

Thankin you,this worked perfectly

No problem

Hi,

ciaranfo - When I had my 6630's firmware updated, they required the security code before hand. And, funnily enough, I gave them the wrong one initally so they couldn't upgrade it ;)

In relation to logo manager, it used to be able to read older Series 30's security codes (eg. Nokia 8210) - haven't tried it with newer models

- Neil

I've been told by both Nokia and Vodafone that I can get it done it a Vodafone shop.

I had a security code on an old 6210 couldnt remember it. Downloaded a demo version and it was able to read the security code. Only for this software I would have to have left it into a shop to get it repaired and that would have cost money. This thread was about security codes here is a handy way of getting them.

Logomanager WON'T read new phones.
    Only older dct3 phones and some dct4 like 8310's

Hi,

wolfman - Thanks for confirming that :)

ciaranfo - Regardless of what Vodafone or Nokia say, all the Vodafone stores that I know of mostly just sell phones and provide minimal tech support. Any firmward updates are done by the people with the equipment (ie. no a Vodafone store) and if your phone needs to be repaired, it's sent to a 3rd party - as I found out recently

- Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

almost all phones that are repaired are sent to the MPRC - Mobile Phone Repair Company, in the sandyford industrial estate. If you ever need your phone fixed in a hurry just drop it in yourself, they usually have it done for you in about 2 days. if you need to call them, there numbers is: 01-295 0907

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

If your phone is a nokia series 60 phone 6630/7650 just do a deep reset (*#7370#) and it resets all codes back to factory settings...... terrible security loop hole.

Sean.

Advertisement