Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real vs Barca Sun 6pm

• 09-04-2005 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Puyol and Ronnie fit atm so almost full panel to pcik from, Real also near full strength.

9 points between them 8 games to play so technically still possible for Real to catch them.

Should be a cracker.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yea should be a great game, I'd be betting on Barca to come out on top but should be close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Best match in the world to watch IMO. Pity TV3 or someone couldnt buy rights to these two games each year. Its always quality. Maybe a petition could be started.

Anyway, I think Reál are going with 4-3-3, once they get the ball they are going to send it straight up to Raúl & co. I doubt this is a long ball stuff though.

Barca have only to get a draw to win La Liga and I reckon they will get it. 2-2 draw im going for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Best match in the world to watch IMO. Pity TV3 or someone couldnt buy rights to these two games each year. Its always quality. Maybe a petition could be started.
    There's always the pub. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bumpity bump....getting close now :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Can't see that being a possibility. "Hey sky, we know you pay millions for rights to La Liga, but is there any chance we could show the two top draw games each season and bring them down a levell or two with our coverage?"

• Advertisement

In Spain real and barca get 80% of the tv money so wouldnt be hard to get those games on Rte or TV3.

Great thing about tonight is Real have to win, nothing but a win is enough wouldn surprise me if they have new manager tomorrow if they lose.

I bet on real to win by the single most dodgiest ref decision of all time :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Any live streams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeah, must must win match for Real. This is gona be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I don't care what score it is as long as Barcelona win. 2-1 I reckon though.
    No Deco, so Giuly should start. Eto'o loves to score against Real Madrid I hope he does tonight. Ronaldinho and Puyol haven't been confirmed as fit as of yet. I hope to God they are fit enough to play though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

PiE wrote:
    Any live streams?
    What he said.

• Advertisement

This is already a great game

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Very good start to the game. Real should really have taken the lead after a outstanding cross from DB. Only some good defending stopped Raul for heading in at the far post

Goal ZiZu has just scored. he looks injured though, looks like he hit the post with his head

Zidane hit the post ohhhh thats gonna hurt.

btw quite literally diving header scored and then he flew into the post and cracked his head, Raul off getting stitches too , tasty game :D

kdjac

2-0 ronaldo. An excellent freekick swung in by DB again

paybacks a bitch, terrible defending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Real playing really wll so far, Gravesen doing some great work as the defending midfielder, Ronaldinho isn't getting a look in.

Great cross by DB23 for the second goal, but Barca's defence was all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

seansouth wrote:
    Real playing really wll so far, Gravesen doing some great work as the defending midfielder, Ronaldinho isn't getting a look in.

Great cross by DB23 for the second goal, but Barca's defence was all over the place.
    This is on that lj's football site on foreign stations, anyone know how to tune them in on a sky digibox???

dcarroll wrote:
    This is on that lj's football site on foreign stations, anyone know how to tune them in on a sky digibox???

No non of those listed on lj's can be got on a dodgy box on 28e

2-1 eto'o... what a game now

How the **** did eto do that!?

• Advertisement

2-1 Etooooooooo

Good finish OMFG whatta game!!

kdjac

This game is really end to end. Its amazing. Gravenson is really playing well also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Leonard wrote:
    This game is really end to end. Its amazing. Gravenson is really playing well also

Its an excellent game all right, can see more goals in it.

Owen is doing a houdini i can see him then i cant...thats some trick.

bet he scores now :D done feck all in this game.
    wish i had a "punch Gerry Armstrong button" on my remote, Sky should make one.

Barca should have had a peno , Casilias half way towards another MOTM award, hes had more of the ball than any other Real player made some super saves.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Leonard wrote:
    No non of those listed on lj's can be got on a dodgy box on 28e

3-1 Raul, in injury time of the first half. Kdjac, you are spot on about Owen. he will be taken of after 60mins IMO

And against run of play , half time now.

Best 45 minutes of football you see anywhere, 2nd half prolly be cack but that 1st half with the exception of Owen everyone played well.

kdjac

KdjaC, are you calling the Eto'o challenge a penalty, I don't know about that, Beckham's tackle was clean, then Eto'o fell over, maybe the halftime re-showing might change my mind though, but at the time, I thought the ref got it right.

Great work by Roberto Carlos for Raul's goal too, 'keeper was unlucky though.

How the fúck are they leading 3-1?
    Barcelona should be winning this game, after Eto'o scored they could have scored another 2 or 3, then Madrid break just before half time and score a fúcking 3rd goal.
    Both defences are playing shít. I can't believe we've conceeded three in the first half, I'm unbelieveably pissed off right now. Squandering chances and shocking defensive display.

Oh, and I hate that twat Rob Palmer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Makaveli wrote:
    How the fúck are they leading 3-1?
    Barcelona should be winning this game, after Eto'o scored they could have scored another 2 or 3, then Madrid break just before half time and score a fúcking 3rd goal.
    Both defences are playing shít. I can't believe we've conceeded three in the first half, I'm unbelieveably pissed off right now. Squandering chances and shocking defensive display.
    Have to disagree with you there, I think Madrid have had the better chances and could easily be further ahead. Terrific game.

Ball never moved from its direction but player did usually a peno :D

Tbh Barca should score 2nd half unless Owen comes off for a proper player.

kdjac

Yeah, I normally am kinda barca biased, but Real Madrid have bossed this game, with Barca making some chances.
    Amazing contribution by all players, and Owen hasn't been playing great just because the other players are just being amazing

After Eto'o scored Barcelona were bossing the game. They made three or four solid chances and Real Madrid began to drop back. Gio should have scored, Eto'o should have scored, Giuly could have scored twice. They need to start putting them away, the Madrid defence bar Helguera is suspect. Pavon cannot deal with Giuly and Eto'o and Roberto Carlos seems happy to let Giuly get behind time and time again.

Here's hoping the second half lives up to the first. Here we go again

That was some play from Barco, great save from keeper mind you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

whats the score now?

time to eat our words... what a goal by owen

4-1 another wonderful pass by DB

Barca have just be denied a penaly

4-2 Ronaldino

Great ball from Beckham for the Owen goal, well finished.

But, what a class Free Kick from Ronaldinho to make it 4-2, unbelievable.

Definitely was a penalty for the foul on Maxi, but ref bottled it.

• Advertisement

Free kick by Ronaldinho he just kicked it into the net, keeper didnt even move.

Superb goal, and Owen scored shockingly done nothing else whatsoever of note in this game, keeper shouldnt have been beaten, bad goalkeeping went right tru him.

kdjac

Etooooooooo gone off broken.

Another free to Barca ronnie steps up.....

/totally wrong but anyone else think etoooo looks like the kid of the Trocaire box?

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    ]

/totally wrong but anyone else think etoooo looks like the kid of the Trocaire box?

kdjac

Now that you mention it he does sort off, but hey your trocaire is supposed to be gone back since easter sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

how bad are the english commentry i hate them they fu'cking love Real madrid :mad:
    not saying thats anything wrong with Real madrid or anything

just hate the english commentry

they think Beckham is god

Figo for Owen 82mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

how bad are the english commentry i hate them they fu'cking love Real madrid :mad:
    not saying thats anything wrong with Real madrid or anything

just hate the english commentry

they think Beckham is god
    Beckham has actually had a great game.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

How badly hurt does Eto'o look? Going to the Nou Camp next Sunday and I'd hate for him not to be playing.

Willem D wrote:

Probably a candidate for MOTM too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Willem D wrote:
    he has had a good game but in the past when he has had bad game they still praise him

Owen had a great game if that performance didnt get him on the first team
    nothing will

and Gravencen had an awsome game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

didnt look good, he was screaming on the stretcher. he was just passing the ball and went down, nobody hear him. how much it costing to get to the nou camp?

• Advertisement
Advertisement