Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real vs Barca Sun 6pm

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

he has had a good game but in the past when he has had bad game they still praise him

Owen had a great game if that performance didnt get him on the first team
    nothing will

and Gravencen had an awsome game
    True very true but to be fair Madrid have plyed like another team tonight. I watched them last week against Albacete and they played woefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

beckham look s exactlly as he did on fifa 2003!!!!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Owen had a great game if that performance didnt get him on the first team
    nothing will

I take it you did not see the first half so. Owen was not in the game at all in the first half....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Leonard wrote:
    I take it you did not see the first half so. Owen was not in the game at all in the first half....
    no i didnt

was it that bad

no i didnt

was it that bad

I dont remember him having one good touch.

Final whistle has blown and it ends 4-2 to Real. What a breathtaking game excellent stuff.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Doesn't sound like Eto'o will be playing next week then. Myself and a mate just booked everything on the net, Aer Lingus to Barcelona is €145 a head, the hotel is about €275 each for 4 nights in a 4* and the tickets are €90 each for category 1 tickets. Decided if we were going to see them we may as well pay for the best seats, and besides the cheapest ones still would have cost €55.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

i didnt think owen was great, the goalie should have done much better for his goal.gravesen was class, ronaldinho skinned him a few times but he didnt let it get to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Looks bad for Eto'o, just what Barca need another player with a knee injury.
    Must say the ref was terrible, gave frees when there was no foul then played out when there was blatant fouling. How he didn't give that peno I dunno.
    6 points in it now, 6 points is still a decent advantage. Barca need to tighten up the defence again it has just been in tatters recently.

• Advertisement

zaph wrote:
    Doesn't sound like Eto'o will be playing next week then. Myself and a mate just booked everything on the net, Aer Lingus to Barcelona is €145 a head, the hotel is about €275 each for 4 nights in a 4* and the tickets are €90 each for category 1 tickets. Decided if we were going to see them we may as well pay for the best seats, and besides the cheapest ones still would have cost €55.
    where abouts are you seating in the Nou camp .top or bottom near the pitch etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Excellent game, tbh altho some great attacking football bad goalkeeping and good goalkeeping mae it 4-2.

Valdez should have saved 2 of those goals he was very poor, and Casilias was simply awesome made some outstanding saves.

Sky love real because they have 3 english players one being the england captain. Owen done nothing in that game cept score dunno how headhot thought he played well ,there some world class players playing and he wasnt one of them, Db played very well so did Gravesen. And helguera was fairly good too.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Great game, I can only agree about the Sky Commentary, how far up Beckham and Owen's holes can they get?

Casillas made some great saves, but I'll give my MOM to Gravesen, he just broke up the Barcelona play so much, and I don't remember him having one misplaced pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

/totally wrong but anyone else think etoooo looks like the kid of the Trocaire box?
    HA:D

Great to see Reál win too keep the title going. They could never allow barca to hold up the title at home !! I expect barca to win it though

where abouts are you seating in the Nou camp .top or bottom near the pitch etc

Don't know exactly, the tickets will be delivered to our hotel and we'll find out then. All I know is it'll be in the lower or middle tier along the sidelines. We would have taken just about anything available apart from the very top.

Gravesen played great stuff he remined me of Claude Makelele

he did great passing tonight also

• Advertisement

Again lets be fair if we were watching this match on RTE and two irish players were playing it would be the same situation.

Willem D wrote:
    Again lets be fair if we were watching this match on RTE and two irish players were playing it would be the same situation.

good point [when they show chelsea matces]

example Niall Quinn fuc'king hate him in the commentry

Exactly he dosen't know his arse from his elbow, and while we are on Irish commentary might I just say how god damn drole it is, but also dont get me wrong English can also be painfully annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

great game. if it wasn't for those morons commentating.

"amazing, incredible. outstanding, unbelievable, greatest game ever between these two"

just in case you get bored, decide to switch channels and miss the ads at half time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Sky really hype meaningless friendly to death, I dread to see what they do to the Reál Barca match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

What a great match!!

Thought Beckham was class, Owen didnt do anything throughout the match,but he put it perfectly past Valdes.

Ronaldinho really disapointed me tonight,and i was sorry to see eto'o go off injured.

The ref made some pure woeful decisions,did i hear them say that he's meant to be one of the best in Spain??

MOTM for me was Cassilas, played outstanding. Hope he stays at Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Ronaldinho wasn't fully fit, he didnt train all week because he had a stomach bug, lost half a stone because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

that said, he scored a goal, and created about 5 quality chances with great through balls

zaph wrote:

I hope you did not get your tickets yet m8. Mates of mine were over there a couple of weeks ago and got their tickets in the ticket office at the ground for €32. They were in the front row of the second teir halfway between the goal and centre circle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Gerry Armstrong was incredibly annoying last night "Beckham is the best player on the park for me", what a load of sh*t. "This is the best I've seen Real play in years" "its the best derby ever" "Real are all over them and should be ahead by more" then a minute later "Casilles is keeping Real ahead at this point". Beckham was average last night, his hair was lovely though !!!! Valdes gifted Owen his goal.
    Barca only need to win 5 of the remaining 7 league games and thats only if Real win all theirs.

Leonard wrote:
    I hope you did not get your tickets yet m8. Mates of mine were over there a couple of weeks ago and got their tickets in the ticket office at the ground for €32. They were in the front row of the second teir halfway between the goal and centre circle.

I work with a girl from Barcelona and she told us that we couldn't be guaranteed getting tickets at the ground and we'd be better off buying them online. Boy is she in for a slapping tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

They keep a certain amount of tickets availible to be bought on the day and distributed to tourists etc.
    That said, they are quite limited in number, and while are good tickets, are sometimes difficult to get.

zaph wrote:
    . Boy is she in for a slapping tomorrow!
    where :p

That makes me feel a little bit better! Nearly all of the ticket agencies we saw were charging in or around what we paid, although some were charging up to 50% more. We decided that it was better to have a guaranteed ticket than hope to pick up a couple while we're there, especially as the whole point of going over is to see a match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Jaysus, Beckham is a windbag in that wall

Advertisement