Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another new Bf2 video (actualy play Shakycam)

Options
  • 09-04-2005 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Mirrors*New*

85mb of gameplay dodgy camera for a while but he gets it together after a few minutes.

Lan held on friday in Boomtown Lan Cafe.

And the super duper news!!!!
    This is the specs of the Pc running it

Dell Dimension 8300 med Intel Pentium4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.0GHZ/800 FSB, 1024MB(4x256) Dual Channel DDR Ram, Midnight Grey 19" CRT Monitor, 128MB DDR ATI RADEON 9800 Pro Graphics Card.

My pc ****s on that from a great height.

This is weird...>
    The machines that boomtown staff played on was:

Dell Dimension 8300 med Intel Pentium4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.0GHZ/800 FSB,
    1024MB(4x256) Dual Channel DDR Ram,
    Midnight Grey 19" CRT Monitor,
    128MB DDR ATI RADEON 9800 Pro Graphics Card.

The game was 80 % finished, alot of tweaking missing. The server that the boomtown players logged on to was in USA and the ping was 100+.

The game is awesome and when finished, it will beat WoW in the contest game of the year anywhere!!

If you have any more questions you can get in touch with us in irc quakenet #boomtown.bf

VIKINGdom
    Christian Badsted
    Channel manager and headadmin
    Battlefield @ boomtown.net

Why the hell was the server in USA?

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

where's the link on the page?

can't seem to find anything what'll let me download it.

edit: fixed it. pop-up blockers in IE, Opera & NIS stopping me seeing the download buttons. htey have a note about it on the main page.

turn all that stuff off and you should see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

click on the mirror links

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

CyberGhost wrote:
    click on the mirror links
    yeah, got them as soon as i turned off all my pop-up blockers, but it's been sitting idle for over 30 minutes now. not timed out, so i guess it's just queued. could do with a torrent link if anyone has one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The pilot in the 9th minute is flying the chopper like he been playing it for years. Goes under telephone wires and down alleys in the chopper. Could be a good thing retaining either Dc or BFV chopper skillset.

Commander mode looks ok but gladly i didnt see any players not in vehicles, possibilty of cheating way to high if the commander can see players out of vehicles and it would suck.

This is the latest build but didnt see any firefights so cant tell how well it plays in basic fps mode. if anyone sees some firefighting with players dying post the minute.

kdjac

ok just finished downloading

vibe, try USA 3rd mirror, it works fine

Thanks for the vid KdjaC,

and for the update on the requirements but why use spoiler?

I have pretty much the same specs

so that's great to hear that I prolly won't been an upgrade

was very interesting vid and graphics are awesome, I can't wait for the demo(which is going to be released at the end of the month, as reported by PCGamer mag)

• Advertisement

CyberGhost wrote:
    and for the update on the requirements but why use spoiler?

Bored...saturday morning...

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    The pilot in the 9th minute is flying the chopper like he been playing it for years. Goes under telephone wires and down alleys in the chopper. Could be a good thing retaining either Dc or BFV chopper skillset.

Commander mode looks ok but gladly i didnt see any players not in vehicles, possibilty of cheating way to high if the commander can see players out of vehicles and it would suck.

This is the latest build but didnt see any firefights so cant tell how well it plays in basic fps mode. if anyone sees some firefighting with players dying post the minute.

kdjac

Actualy I've red somewhere that BF2 is kinda of a hoax, that they remodeled and reskinned BFV are reselling it, but it's prolly a bull

yea, I'm interested in firefight too, too bad that sniper didn't get anyone to shoot

KdjaC wrote:
    Bored...saturday morning...

kdjac

ah, hahah

There where some lag or glitches in the game but its only 80 % done. Theres alot of tweaking left to do in it so in my opinion a machine like ours on the cafe will run it smoothly in medium grafik settings.

I saw something about a minimum cpu at 1.7 Mhz. Dont know how true that is on this early stage though...

The machines at boomtown was set in 800x600 and medium gfx

So assuming they tweak it and the game is finalised and runs better (this is Dice so dont bet on it) those Boomtown pcs could run it on high 1024 with some tweaking.

woohoo system specs :D
    xp2400@2.5ghz 2gb DDR 9800XT , oh im set :)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

but ye won't be able to run it at 1600x1200 on that gfx card prolly, its the only way to go :)

• Advertisement

Darth Bobo wrote:
    but ye won't be able to run it at 1600x1200 on that gfx card prolly, its the only way to go :)

Monitor only dos 1280 tis fine for me.

kdjac

well in reality 6800's struggle beyond the 1280 anyway...tho it looks nice till u run into a firefight.........(though its possible my ram is too slow/dual xeons are too slow)...

i wanna quad opertron box with 32gigs of ram tbh ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Darth Bobo wrote:
    i never go beyond 1024 tbh, i find writing too small to read on anything higher than that! also my monitor only supports 1024..lol. But good news about the specs tho, my pc grabs em by the nose and kicks em in the arse

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Deadwing wrote:
    i never go beyond 1024 tbh, i find writing too small to read on anything higher than that! also my monitor only supports 1024..lol. But good news about the specs tho, my pc grabs em by the nose and kicks em in the arse
    New must arrange a TiG V NRG demo match Animal.

yeah, maybe make a video of it or something too for posterity :D

Deadwing wrote:
    yeah, maybe make a video of it or something too for posterity :D
    We can entitle it "Wow, NRG suck at BF2 aswell, go figure"

Too long?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Nah, too long, keep it short like "Jimeatscock" :eek:
    Getta clip of ya liein face up & few of us kneelin over ya :p

We can entitle it "Wow, NRG suck at BF2 aswell, go figure"

Too long?

*shrugs* whatever.

Deadwing wrote:
    *shrugs* whatever.
    *cough*

Joke.

Oh and Berns, you will be the first one I shall pwn :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

1gd DDR
    A broken 6600GT and a 9200.

Might need to upgrade a bit....

hrmmm my 6800GT should be able to handle it, tho i'm not so sure about my dual xeon's + 1.5gigs of ram.... hrmm an amd 64 maybe required to give me the high res i'm used to... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Look forward to it, my knife will be ready ;)

Berns wrote:
    Look forward to it, my knife will be ready ;)
    Knife? Pfft. I'm going to defibulte your ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Supply Drop Kill \o/

moped kill pwns all :D

Advertisement