Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Getting rid of dual boot

• 09-04-2005 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭

I have XP and win2k on a laptop. XP on D: and Win2k on C:. I get the dual boot options when I start the laptop where is the config file to stop this happening as I am going to scrub Win2k... Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

In Win XP:

Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced Tab > Startup Button

Then set the timeout to zero, or enter the file itself and delete the entry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Thanks snapscan1212p perfect.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

the config file will be c:\boot.ini

don't format the c drive if you're planning on getting rid of 2k. just delete the relevant folders instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I did just that thanks tman

Advertisement