Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lil tip 2.15 aintree

• 09-04-2005 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭

River city :)

got this from a friend who knows his stuff, alos told me too look out for grand central tomorrow and gypsy king

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭davidgti

so thats River city at the2.15 aintree today nice 1 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yep fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Just put on €5 each way @4 -1, thats €34 if he comes in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

As for Grand Central, well he's gonna be long odds on tomorrow....Have a look at tomorrows Irish racing at both Limerick and Leopardstown. Mr. O Brien is taking out his nig guns for a bit of a polishing. He accounts for 5 0r 6 favourites funning tomorrow. As for Gypsy King, he's currently 25-1 for the vodafone Derby and somebody somewhere has started a word about this horse because I heard it too. My only concern is that when I heard it I was told that the owners have put twenty grand each way on the horse for the derby....that would be all well and good except for the owners are the magniers so firstly I don't think it's true that they have backed him at this stage and secondly they could probably pull twenty grand from an old jacket they were about to put in the washing machine so it's hardly significant. Something to keep an eye on al the same.

Something else to keep an eye on is a horse called Flashy Beau running in the 3.45 at Limerick tomorrow. A couple of weeks ago this horse was steadily backed throughout the day and right up to race time from 16s into 7-2. He was clearly supposed to win that day but didnt get the race run to suit and lost out in the end by a head. He's favourite in this one but is forecast at 7-2. Definitely one to keep on the right side on.

Just to bring this thread even more off topic:

Today's Lucky 15 type thing

Party Boss
    Medison
    Nero's Return
    Wovoka

Good luck today all

Darren

It's gonna be one of those days. Just to national to look forward to now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Sorry for after-timing, but Ashley Brook, how I love thee. Had a fair bit on him at 25/1 for the Arkle, so I made that back today. He's always looked like a King George / Gold Cup horse to me. I'm not saying that he'll win either one of those next season, but he's good enough to run well in them. War Of Attrition blatantly needs further too.

As for Gypsy King, his best price for the Derby is only 14/1. A lot of money came in for him last week after reports of an excellent workout at home. Apparently he hammered Footstepsinthesand over 6 furlongs in a time only a small fraction of a second outside Hawk Wing's record.

Maybe they'll plan his career a little better than Hawk Wings....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭davidgti

Cyrus wrote:
    yep fingers crossed :)
    thank u :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

davidgti

Cop on

It seems we should have put bouncers on the doors this weekend.

• Advertisement

fade2black wrote:

Something else to keep an eye on is a horse called Flashy Beau running in the 3.45 at Limerick tomorrow. A couple of weeks ago this horse was steadily backed throughout the day and right up to race time from 16s into 7-2. He was clearly supposed to win that day but didnt get the race run to suit and lost out in the end by a head. He's favourite in this one but is forecast at 7-2. Definitely one to keep on the right side on.

a double for fallon and o brien so far

fade2black wrote:
    As for Grand Central, well he's gonna be long odds on tomorrow....Have a look at tomorrows Irish racing at both Limerick and Leopardstown. Mr. O Brien is taking out his nig guns for a bit of a polishing. He accounts for 5 0r 6 favourites funning tomorrow. As for Gypsy King, he's currently 25-1 for the vodafone Derby and somebody somewhere has started a word about this horse because I heard it too. My only concern is that when I heard it I was told that the owners have put twenty grand each way on the horse for the derby....that would be all well and good except for the owners are the magniers so firstly I don't think it's true that they have backed him at this stage and secondly they could probably pull twenty grand from an old jacket they were about to put in the washing machine so it's hardly significant. Something to keep an eye on al the same.

This was the quote i wanted

Grand Central overturned at 1-2. Didn't look like much to be honest. Wasn't given a very forceful ride though.

But Gypsy King could be something special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

I see your on 999 posts. The 1000th will have to be a sure thing. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

DaBreno wrote:
    I see your on 999 posts. The 1000th will have to be a sure thing. :D
    Hehe, nice rule....i like that rule.

Oh ok....I'll put my head on the chopping block and give ya the 1000th post lucky 15....

1.20 - Mr. Ed. Was useful on the flat, improved over hurdles, ran a cracker at aintree last month.

1.50 - Genghis - The form choice. If the form book holds up he should win.

3.40 - You do the math. - Lenny Lungo is a trainer I quite like...he has three runners here today and I'm certain he'll get AT LEAST one winner. It was either this one or bogus dreams for the acum, I'm going with this one cause he's a better price and also was seen to stay on last week over two miles....crying out for longer....he gets another mile here....

2.10 - Walk in the Park - This one could be a class act.....(ora disappointment....haha....if he drifts terribly, slot in another of your own choice but the word is good for this one)

That's it...I won't post again until I bitch about how badly they all did.....

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

fade2black wrote:
    1.20 - Mr. Ed. 2nd! Bad luck, A Mr Cool at 33-1 won ;)
    1.50 - Genghis Unplaced, Coast of Honour 6-1 won
    3.40 - You do the math 3rd Artic Lagoon won at 5/1
    2.10 - Walk in the Park 2nd Kong won at 9-2

Didn't pay to go for the favourites today, bad luck
    I didn't have a go, having a wee break before I throw away any more of my money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

davidgti wrote:
    thank u :(
    Banned for a week, for breaking the charter rules.

fade2black wrote:

Won tonight, EP 6-1.

This has prompted me to start the notebook thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement