Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worth a ban from politics?

Options
  • 09-04-2005 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

I got banned from politics for this post. How exactly does it contravene the charter would someone mind telling me. Pinochet and the pope were mates, corinthian's an admirer of Pinochet and all 3 have had politically incorrect views on things like women. So what's the problem?

I thought the Pope's mateyness with latin american dictators was pertinent to the thread anyway.

Apologies to corinthian and all right wing extremists if I hurt their feelings. :(
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

I would say its faily obvious from that post why you got banned. :rolleyes:

I can see at least 3 quidelines in Bonkey's Rules on Posting that you have broken.

The tone of this thread is hardly going to help your cause now is it? Neither is a false apology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

I would say its faily obvious from that post why you got banned. :rolleyes:

I can see at least 3 quidelines in Bonkey's Rules on Posting that you have broken.
    Enlighten me Mr.Squirrel!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The Corinthian is trying to get you unbanned afaik.

Very decent of him if it's true. If anything, I thought he might actually find my post a little bit amusing.

Redleslie2 wrote:
    Enlighten me Mr.Squirrel!
    You can read - enlighten yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Is Pinochet saying: '...and her jumblies were out to here!'

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

"You were a goalkeeper, eh? Bet you got all the chicks with those huge hands"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Doesn't seem to be offensive enough to cause a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

''.....but i must admit, i was very, very drunk''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

"me? in the girls changing rooms? at 3 in the morning? with my reputation?

You betcha"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Bonkey's Rules on Posting

I might be taking this up wrong, but the above comment has been irking me since I first read it...

They're not my rules.

They're the forum rules, and they "belong" (if there's any sense of ownership) to the current moderators, not me.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

".....to make them confess you grab them by the head"

bonkey wrote:
    I might be taking this up wrong, but the above comment has been irking me since I first read it...
    It was meant as in posted by Bonkey - apologies - no irkage intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Redleslie2 wrote:
    If anything, I thought he might actually find my post a little bit amusing.
    I’d have to say that I find that a little hard to believe, given your past, unbroken vitriol towards me.

Nonetheless, I did find the photo amusing (not dissimilar to this one) and did indeed ask that that you should be unbanned, but probably not for reasons that would flatter you.

Good man.

JP - "Heads - Cuba is handed over to the mafia and the church, tails - I issue an encyclical making the smoking of cigars mandatory at mass."

FC - "Ahhh bugger it....best of 3??"

My ban should be up by now but it isn't. Bring back Bonkey. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Gir

You and me both Red. I was banned for a period of two week over a month ago. I followed protocal and still do not have access. PM'd a mod to remind them of the ban and its due date. Nothing. Not even a reply.

What do you do now? Post daily asking why? Where does that get one? Nowhere but you get called a whinger. Also half of the boards mods descend upon you to defend thier mate be he right or wrong.
    It is a rock and a hard place. It just goes to show that you can call anyone an idiot on politics and get banned then back in. But suggest a mod namely Gandalf has made an idiotic staement and he will say he is banning you for two weeks and not let you back in. Probably hopes that no one will notice.

It may be my sig but it is within boards rules and lots of people have political quotes and statements in their sig.

What to do now one wonders.

Nah you deserved it.

Redleslie2 wrote:
    Nah you deserved it.

Very true. I did wrong and apologised by PM and did my time. You did wrong and after being informed of your ban sent an abusive PM reply resulting in your ban being extended indefinetely. Cause you are a whinging tosser.

Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Gir wrote:
    Very true. I did wrong and apologised by PM and did my time. You did wrong and after being informed of your ban sent an abusive PM reply resulting in your ban being extended indefinetely. Cause you are a whinging tosser.
    How do you know that he did that?

Gir wrote:

Enjoy.
    Now that's what I call a pretty clear cut banning offence.

But answer TC's interesting question before you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

To be honest, I don't see how that would merit a ban, unless the mod is some self-flagulating member of Opus Dei.

Maybe it was a little off-topic, rather than offensive? I've noticed that the mods are a little anal about this, but they normally move the thread rather than ban the poster outright.

To be honest, I don't see how that would merit a ban, unless the mod is some self-flagulating member of Opus Dei.

Maybe it was a little off-topic, rather than offensive? I've noticed that the mods are a little anal about this, but they normally move the thread rather than ban the poster outright.
    True but Red is a repeat offender and well known for pushing the limits on the politics board.
    Now that's what I call a pretty clear cut banning offence.
    What is?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Gir wrote:

Enjoy.

is questioning the patriotism of the people on this site, as you do in your signiture, any less insulting.

and how do you know what PMs were sent to whom. if you would be so kind as to reply using your default account.

is questioning the patriotism of the people on this site, as you do in your signiture, any less insulting.

and how do you know what PMs were sent to whom. if you would be so kind as to reply using your default account.
    Did you just have a brain fart on the internet? If you would be so kind as to reply using your original account name. :eek:

read both my post and the one by the corinthian again. how would you know what messages were sent to a moderator.
    Gir wrote:
    and after being informed of your ban sent an abusive PM reply resulting in your ban being extended indefinetely. Cause you are a whinging tosser.

I just want to know why you need to create a new account to stir **** .

as for default account, how about the one you used to find out what PM messages were sent to the moderators of the politics forum.

read both my post and the one by the corinthian again. how would you know what messages were sent to a moderator.

I just want to know why you need to create a new account to stir **** .

as for default account, how about the one you used to find out what PM messages were sent to the moderators of the politics forum.

You would want to get that brain diarrhea seen to William de osteichthyes. Although this constant reference to other accounts would explain a weird PM I had recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Redleslie2 wrote:
    Bring back Bonkey. :mad:

No.

Gir wrote:
    You would want to get that brain diarrhea seen to William de osteichthyes. Although this constant reference to other accounts would explain a weird PM I had recently.

the fact that you cannot seem to be able to discuss your situation without resorting to insults says it all really. this is not the first time this has happened gir is it?

the fact that you cannot seem to be able to discuss your situation without resorting to insults says it all really. this is not the first time this has happened gir is it?
    No its not the first time. I was banned for two weeks from politics for it. Which is now a permenent ban for a reason that has yet to be given. Not that it is even worth bothering to ask.
    Try and keep up to speed if you want to chat William.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Stop feeding the troll.

Advertisement