Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permission to use board images

Options
  • 09-04-2005 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm currently sorting out a forum for my (non-profit) drama group, but the images with it are horrible. I was curious as to the copyright on the images on boards.ie The new thread, quote, edit buttons etc. It's the "Cloud" style buttons I'm interested in most.

Who owns them / Can I use them?

Thanks,
    Snapscan
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

why not ask for a hosted forum for your drama group? save a lot of hassle...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Not a bad idea, clearly I'm an idiot.

The existing forum already has circa 300 posts on it though, it'd be quite the task to bring them all across. Don't you have to pay for hosted forums here though? And don't users need a password to get into the Private Hosted (we couldn't leave it public)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You can request a Private board - get a few of the members to sign up and support you.

Then you can control who does and doesn't have access to the board. There's no password above logging into boards.

You wouldn't be able to bring the existing posts across.

But then new users from my Drama group would have to contact me. Its a good idea alright, and I should have had the cop on to do it. I think though that the forum location will have to remain where it is, I'd just like to be able to use the lovely Cloud images without being sued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

If you're using phpBB have a look for the subBlack theme. It's freely available and very similar to the Cloud style buttons

http://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo.php

change the theme to subBlack (this is of course assuming you're using phpBB but I'm sure it'd be easy enough to stick the buttons into an Invision Power Board or SMF board or whatever you're using)

• Advertisement

I'm not using phpBB - stupid host (who shall remain nameless) won't give me a mySQL db.

I'm using ProBoards. I can customise the images, I just need permission to do so, and maybe some of the admin buttons like "delete" and "sticky" for me and my mods to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

you can still download that theme and use some of the images from it one would assume

Ahh, good point steveland.

Advertisement