Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest version of BF1942?

Options
  • 09-04-2005 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭

Hey I haven't played it in a while so I decided to update BF1942 for a bit of online play. I mainly wanted to play desert combat. So I installed the 1.61b patch and I try to connect to a 1942 server and it says i'm using the wrong version. As far as I can see the 1.61b patch is the latest. Anyone have any ideas?

BloodBath

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

The latest patch for Battlefield 1942 is v1.61b.

To install the v1.61b patch you must have the v1.6 patch installed.

If you are trying to paly Desert Combat make sure that you have the latest DC client (DC Final) installed. Your desert combat may have been out of date. Or maybe even the server you were connecting to was an older one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I have 1.61b already installed. I tried a few servers and i'm getting the same message. These are all 1942 servers. I haven't installed DC final yet because I can't get this working.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

tbh, try a full reinstall.

Balls

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Think what Winters was tryin to say is v1.61b a incremental patch?? Where had to have the full 1.6 patch installed first. Should usually be able to tell by the file size.

Gonna try get mine re-installed soon too if can get a key code :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Berns wrote:
    Think what Winters was tryin to say is v1.61b a incremental patch?? Where had to have the full 1.6 patch installed first. Should usually be able to tell by the file size.

Gonna try get mine re-installed soon too if can get a key code :)
    As well as doing this; ensure the server your joining to is also of the same version. Even though they mostly all cop on, there's always a few servers that may not have updated their servers.

It says i'm running 1.61, I can't reinstall a later version or even the latest version. I tried several servers. At least one of them had to be the latest.

BloodBath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Use All seeing eye it groups servers by mods and versions.

I reckon you fine just joining wrong servers.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

which class do you go for in battlefield jay? Sniper? :D

Lol no, the sniper rifles are ****e in BF1942. The troop combat throughout is pretty crap imo. Awful reg and gun recoil patterns.

I just enjoy buzzing around in an apache in Desert combat nailing some sand monkeys.

BloodBaths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

BloodBath wrote:
    Lol no, the sniper rifles are ****e in BF1942... Awful reg and gun recoil patterns.
    Just like the real thing!

I was a complete BF1942 junkie this time last year, particularly on a lo-grav Omaha server in the states, where you could drive jeeps right up the near vertical ridge in front of the German bunker. I still know that map like that back of my hand.

The sniper-rifles are the best as long as you go for a 't-line' shot on a body. I heard that the modelling is so acurate in BF 1942 that the bullet-trajectory follows the more realistic 'arc' than a straight line and...

...I'm tempted to reinstall...NOOOOO!
    [/QUOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

BloodBath wrote:
    ...some sand monkeys.

BloodBaths

Nice........ :(

Fairy

BloodBath wrote:
    I just enjoy buzzing around in an apache in Desert combat nailing some sand monkeys.
    I prefer the A10, myself, but any plane or chopper will do. Usually an engineer, so if the aircraft gets damaged, I land west of the western mountains, get out, and repair the plane, before taking off.

The best way to die in it, IMHO, is double death/suicide into a heli.

Do you know any good servers, which usually have a good crowd on it?

Yeah the A10 is great as well. I love that plane. Just hate the guys that are amazing with the stinger missiles still hitting you at a high altitude going at speed. Really need a DC fix. I used to play it all the time and it's been months since I played. I don't have the BF cd anymore so I can't reinstall. I just have to try and roll back the updates and reinstall them if possible.

BloodBath

BloodBath wrote:
    I don't have the BF cd anymore so I can't reinstall.
    Do you still have the CD-Key?

Advertisement