Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The who loves United more thread also contains some Man Utd v Norwich scores

• 09-04-2005 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

16 minutes gone and Guess what? Saha off with a calf injury.
    Still )) BTW

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I saw it on the BBC and I just could not believe it. I feel so sorry for him. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Norwich 1 0 up on 56 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The Muppet wrote:
    16 minutes gone and Guess what? Saha off with a calf injury.
    Still )) BTW
    for fu'ck sake ,poor lad i feel fair sorry for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Huh looked to me get subbed or be sent off , he was heading that wya.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

1-0 Norwich, Ashton

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Jasus, Man U's season is falling apart with every game we play. Norwich look like they could score again. Ruud has just come on for Kleberson

They've done their level best over the last while to make sur ethey dont catch chelsea.

well what did I say. 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

2-0

Norwich 2 0 up now good goal too.

• Advertisement

I will head off now and start the Fergie must go thread now....... I am sick of saying it here

wtf?

Leonard wrote:
    I will head off now and start the Fergie must go thread now....... I am sick of saying it here

Bye Now.

Stekelly wrote:
    wtf?

I take it you would not agree with me so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Now can we get all the fergie fans to line up and once again pathetically try to tell us why he should still have a job. Amateur team selection followed by hysterical substitutions. This team are a joke and don't anyone fuking dare call me a glory hunter. They couldn't look any less motivated.

The Muppet wrote:
    Bye Now.

You're wrong muppet, it's just taking an inordinately long time for the penny to drop.

The Muppet wrote:
    Bye Now.

You are a muppet. You had ago of Fade2black earlier this month about Fergie and you lived up to you name then just like now. We are all entitled to our opinion and mine is I think as good as Sir Alex has been to Man U, he has taken them as far as he can. Since the treble season, we have being going backward. I just feel that its time that a new manager was brought in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Calm down folks.

Leonard wrote:
    I take it you would not agree with me so.

each to their own. It was a wtf? to utd getting beaten 2-0 at Norwich

Fair play to Norwich though, they're playing some good stuff.

• Advertisement

Brian017 wrote:
    Calm down fols.

I'm sorry Brian, but Muppet thinks that he is the only one here who thinks he knows whats best for Man Utd. As far as he is concerned he will always be right

is it 3 yet?

fade2black wrote:
    Fair play to Norwich though, they're playing some good stuff.

That they are. They are fighting for their lives.

It's a bit late in the game to be pulling out results like this. I dont think its going to be good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Game is getting a bit nasty now, United have stopped playing football and are just sticking them up in the air. Scholes lucky to stay on after that challenge in the middle of the park.

Ronaldo playing some great stuff again ;)

fade2black wrote:
    You're wrong muppet, it's just taking an inordinately long time for the penny to drop.

Yeah because we havn't won the title for two seasons in succession My that is an inordinatly long time .
    Leonard wrote:
    You are a muppet. You had ago of Fade2black earlier this month about Fergie and you lived up to you name then just like now. We are all entitled to our opinion and mine is I think as good as Sir Alex has been to Man U, he has taken them as far as he can. Since the treble season, we have being going backward. I just feel that its time that a new manager was brought in.

Less of the personal stuff lenoard. I apologied to fade2balck My comments were not aimed at him in particular but united fans of the Glory Hunting Variety.

Yeah we should sack our most sucessful managers of all time because we didn't win the premiership for two seasons. At least Liverpool fans had a bit of Loyalty to Houlier for all the stick I gave them about him, I'm begining to see why United fans have the reputation we do.

Man Utd unbeaten in last 20 games are proud to have fans like the ones above.

Sack the manager tho 20 games unbeaten lost 2 all season defintley hasnt a clue what hes doing.

:rolleyes:

LOL tho bet there more funny **** to come from the hardcore Utd fans.....

kdjac

So are you saying that you agree with Fergies last few signings and even more so, his team selections over this season and last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Since the treble season, we have being going backward.
    Very true
    This team is getting more and more predictable each year
    5 years ago Man U were whipping teams of the standard of Norwich ,4 ,5 or 6 nil
    Now they are lucky to beat them 1-nil usually due to a late goal.
    The Premiership standard has dropped over the last 5 years yet Man Utd struggle against the lower teams most of whom are frankly rubbish.
    Utd are grinding out results nowadays.
    The flair has gone and they were given a football lesson by Milan.
    The urgency in midfield and width the team always had is gone.
    Man U are now an average team and wont be winning a Champions league for a long time.

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:

Sack the manager tho 20 games unbeaten lost 2 all season defintley hasnt a clue what hes doing.

kdjac

20 games unbeaten....how many of them draws to inferior teams?

You all believe that ferguson deserves to keep his job based on previous glories, this really baffles me as it betray's your intelligence.

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

My I,m not alone. Surprise Surprise , NOT

Leonard before you spout off at me any more I suggest you go to a dedicated United forum and repeat the call for Fergies Head. I think you will find that I am far from the only one that will challenges that opinion

Leonard wrote:
    So are you saying that you agree with Fergies last few signings and even more so, his team selections over this season and last season
    Leonard i agree with every word

fergie messed up at the start of the season with his selection

the players arent hungrey any more for titles maybe thats the managers fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

In Fergies position what would you do ? The league is won by Chelsea and fair play to them for that but we're reduced to battling for 2nd or 3rd place and we're still in the FA cup. He has to give these fringe players their game sometime, the likes of Saha, Smith and Kleberson need games and with the league all but over now is as good a time as any.

I was of the same opinion last season - Fergie must go - but on reflection he has made some good signings and is forming a new young team that will be challanging next season. I still think Chelsea are a flash in the pan, when Jose jumps ship at the end of the season they will be back to blowing hot and cold with a huge wage bill and no direction - look at Porto this season for example, think of Blackburn when they won it.

Have faith I think after all he has done for us we should let him try and then he can decide whats best for the club and I believe he loves the club that much he will do whats best in the end.

ZEN

The Muppet wrote:

Leonard before you spout off at me any more I suggest you go to a dedicated United forum and repeat the call for Fergies Head. I think you will find that I am far from the only one that will challenges that opinion

The problem with those united forums is that you're not allowed in unless you're wearing your red tinted glasses.

fade2black wrote:

You all believe that ferguson deserves to keep his job based on previous glories, this really baffles me as it betray's your intelligence.

Umm seeing as tho they have lost 3(lost 6 last year i think) games this season will have amassed more points than their last league winning season. Are they not getting better then?

I mean they have more points now than they did when they last won the league and half the team has aged and is currently being replaced by youth therefore a new team is being built.

But sack him anyway i sure you know whats best. When Pallister and Bruce and Ince left did you want him sacked then too? Were you even a fan?
    Do you know what a football is?

kdjac

• Advertisement

Bollox to this, I dont have to come on here and justify how good of a supporter I am, especially not to people like muppet.

I will admit the we are unbeaten in 20 games this season and only Chelsea have conceeded less goals, but how much longer must we go on with Fergie not starting his best 11 in the majourity of games. In Europe he has shown how far we have fallen behind since we won in in 99. Only getting passed the Knockout stages once since 99. Thats not good enough.
    This season our problem is inconsistency. Fergie has under estimated many of his oppenents this season by fielding weakened teams and ending up scraping a result or as the case of todays match losing

KdjaC wrote:
    Umm seeing as tho they have lost 3(lost 6 last year i think) games this season will have amassed more points than their last league winning season. Are they not getting better then?

I mean they have more points now than they did when they last won the league and half the team has aged and is currently being replaced by youth therefore a new team is being built.

But sack him anyway i sure you know whats best. When Pallister and Bruce and Ince left did you want him sacked then too? Were you even a fan?
    Do you know what a football is?

kdjac

I couldn't be bothered replying to you.

fade2black wrote:
    The problem with those united forums is that you're not allowed in unless you're wearing your red tinted glasses.

You know my opinion on Glory hunters,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Cool it lads or I will have a hat-trick of united fans bannings.

man utd could be the next liverpool
    once great now just an average team unless fergie stands down and we can get some fresh blood in the managers role

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ZENER wrote:
    In Fergies position what would you do ? The league is won by Chelsea and fair play to them for that but we're reduced to battling for 2nd or 3rd place and we're still in the FA cup. He has to give these fringe players their game sometime, the likes of Saha, Smith and Kleberson need games and with the league all but over now is as good a time as any.
    ZEN

Theres a big difference between finishing 2nd and being an automatic qualifier for the champions league and finishing 3rd and having to qualify.

The Muppet wrote:
    You kmow my opinion on Glory hunters,

I do but when we get to the point where we can't have a debate about our team without people, lacking in original thought, questioning our loyalty to Manchester United. You can look back months to see my opinion on Mr Ferguson as well as my believe that it's time for him to go I also agree with you that he has been a brilliant manager for the team. However, the only reasons I'm getting from people about why he should stay is that we used to be great and woopdedooo we once again finished in the top three (maybe). Roy Keane has gone on record as saying that a new manager would be beneficial to the club. If you want to remain a mediocre club you keep faith with your mediocre personnal. Ferguson has shown he can be ruthless in the past, I think it's time for the board to show the same now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Agreed but in previous poor spells we've bounced back with a vengence !! Usually with what was considered our "second" stream !! We are still capable of retaking 2nd spot.

ZEN

The Muppet wrote:

Every forum is going to full of die hard fans as you like to think you are, but the problem with forums like redcafe.net and others which you are probably aware of,is that there are too many that agree as they are afraid that if they dont, they will get banned.

Fergie continues to make some very questioable decisions and just because he has been our most successful manager, we are to continue to give him the benefit of douth. The only reason we are still third in the Prem is because behind is a league full of ****e. If Liverpool had any consistency about them this season they would be above us.

You are talking about Fans sticking with them throught good and bad times, well what about the playes. When was the last time you can honestly say, you say them showing the never say die attitude. The only time I saw it this time was that Alan Smith goal against Blackburn earlier on this season, which by the way should never had been allowed as Saha handled it just before smith scored it

mike65 wrote:

Very good Mike (lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Well then, well played Norwich, deserved win.
    I thought Kleberson did well.
    Smith was terrible, I'm fairly sure he didn't get one shot in the entire game, definally none on target.

if i was ferguson i would have a reality check about next season ,would he rather stand down and get praised for all he's done for united or do very bad next year and get fired ,maybe he wont do bad next season but united have to sell players to make money and just cant see united buying a great player for less than 10 million around that

thats what he should think about

how did RVN play

LOL at title.

Seriously tho Utd fans (both sides of them) should realise they set the standard now other teams have risen to it Arse went unbeaten to win league , Chelsea will have record points by end of it. All the while Utd still having the same amout of points which won them the league in previous seasons.

Tis all your fault now to get back up they must rebuild ,some teams do it Pool didnt , AC milan, didnt Ajaz didnt, Real didnt, maybe Utd can actually continue and keep winning while the team is being rebuilt but history suggests otherwise.

kdjac

PHB wrote:
    Well then, well played Norwich, deserved win.
    I thought Kleberson did well.
    Smith was terrible, I'm fairly sure he didn't get one shot in the entire game, definally none on target.

He defintely wasn't as sharp as I've seen him before. We have had trouble this year with injuries but in my opinion, and I'm pretty sure everyone will disagree with me here, if you want to win trophies you've got to stick with a team, let them gel together and play like a formidable unit. Ferguson, save the injuries, has tried to do a little too much rotating this year which again leads to believe that he's lost the ruthlessness he once had. Last week he got angry and said there would be changes etc. He drafted in the usual suspects and then paniced when they didn't perform. (surprise surprise). No one man is bigger than this club and I will continue to be ecstatic when Utd win and I will accept it when we go down fighting. I just don't think there was enough fighting this season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement