Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The who loves United more thread also contains some Man Utd v Norwich scores

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

KdjaC wrote:
    LOL at title.

Seriously tho Utd fans (both sides of them) should realise they set the standard now other teams have risen to it Arse went unbeaten to win league , Chelsea will have record points by end of it. All the while Utd still having the same amout of points which won them the league in previous seasons.

Tis all your fault now to get back up they must rebuild ,some teams do it Pool didnt , AC milan, didnt Ajaz didnt, Real didnt, maybe Utd can actually continue and keep winning while the team is being rebuilt but history suggests otherwise.

kdjac

I suppose that is a good way of looking at it. It just proves that when we were the best we got to complacent and let Le Arsenal and Chelski not only catch up but overtake us. Granted I would give Arsenal more credit in the way they achieved it.

But my point is that we have not taken on the challenge set by those clubs. Fergie has had it his way for far too long and has now proved that he does not have what it take to put it up to the two teams sitting about us at this moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

fade2black wrote:
    . I just don't think there was enough fighting this season.
    lost their hunger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

KdjaC wrote:
    Seriously tho Utd fans (both sides of them) should realise they set the standard now other teams have risen to it Arse went unbeaten to win league , Chelsea will have record points by end of it. All the while Utd still having the same amout of points which won them the league in previous seasons.

kdjac

I think you're contradicting one of your previous posts here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Perhaps if you linked us the post?

----

Smith in his last reserve game had no shots on taret either.
    Lets give Rossi a chance, drop Rooney + Ronaldo from the squad , and actually mix it up a little.

Well its hard to expect the lads to be fighting as much as we'd like em to.
    To them 2nd place is irrelevant really, a trip to eastern europe matters a little but not much to them.

They gave it their all since Novemeber, went on an amazing run of form, and lost points to CHelsea.
    Its fairly tough to remain fighing after that.

I think he might have been referring to the one where KdJac was talking about ManU been unbeaten in 20 games and then he posted about how Man U had set the standards but not kept up with them.

I would have to agree with your comments about Smith. I have actually watched a good few of the Reserve games live this season and there is some wonderful talent there. Rossi as you pointed out deffo deserves a chance. Smith is just not the the player he was at Leeds.

KdjaC wrote:
    Man Utd unbeaten in last 20 games are proud to have fans like the ones above.

Sack the manager tho 20 games unbeaten lost 2 all season defintley hasnt a clue what hes doing.

:rolleyes:

LOL tho bet there more funny **** to come from the hardcore Utd fans.....

kdjac

This is the quote I was referring to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Awful performance by Utd. Second bad performance in a row from a team whose trademark is a strong run in at the end of the season.

I can't see them taking second unless things change drastically. I don't know what the solution is, but in any other league for a team as big as United, Fergie would be gone ages ago.

psi wrote:
    I don't know what the solution is, but in any other league for a team as big as United, Fergie would be gone ages ago.

That just about says it OK

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Did not see it but going from the reports it was awful, fair play to Norwich, fighting to the end, shame the United players at moment do not seem to have any fight or pride left, there goes another poor season. Will be an interesting summer, will he stay or will he go.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

KdjaC wrote:
    LOL at title.

Thought I had to do something to lighten the mood. As for united not having enough fight, I think they had plenty, just not the right type, they really did resort to some filthy challenges in the last twenty mins.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Terrible attitude shown by some of the players today. This is what lost United the game IMO. We missed Keane big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Oh my Fergie is going to be under pressure now and the worst thing is he has to sell to buy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

I dont want to stoke the fire but IMO Fergie has taken Man Utd as far as he can go.

Man UTD are a big club, they might not be able to win the EPL because of Chelsea but should be doing a lot better in Europe for definite.

Giles pointed out that Man Utd have nearly a better team/squad than Chelsea but they are opposites in regard to form, one is full of self belief and hunger the other lack luster. The only way you can change that is a new manager.

Fergie is on about watching the youngsters grow but there is only Ronaldo, Rooney , he hasnt got anyone really else. He has made a savage amount of poor signings for a top manager.

I think Martin O Neill would put Man Utd back on track, he has done well in europe, he has got a lot more out of youngsters like Miller than Fergie.

The best thing for Man Utd is to get a new manager and get rid of all the Glazier talk,

Anyone hear Peter Schmeichel's comments on MOTD. I suggest that you catch the repeat in the morning. Like me and others here, he seem very frustrated with Sir Alex's team selections.

Also Fergie must be begining to feel the pressure as he REFUSED to speak to MUTV or the press after the match. It is the first time in the seven years of MUTV that Ferguson has not shared his post-match thoughts with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Yeah i seen it. well fergie was damned if he did damned if he didnt. I think he had an eye on the only silverware he can win this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

what is it with united and mediocre teams ? every season without fail they make 2 or 3 of these messups against crappy teams

youd think ferguson would just field his strongest team at this stage

martin o'neill hasn't done enough to warrant a job as big as man utd and he would take a season or two to settle in aswell, i think o'neill would be a huge mistake for united.

Schmeichel did seem a bit curious as to what Fergie was at and surely he would know more than most, him being there when fergie was at his most decisive. Still Leonard, what do we know eh?

It will be an interesting summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Get rid of all this Galzier talk out of the way?

How do you propose getting rid of all takeover speculation with a publically listed company?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Well where to begin, i dont know.
    To say im unbelievably disappointed with the result is a huge ****ing understatement. I saw the teamsheet before the match (well motd) kicked off and immediately thought uh oh. Slip up on the way, so i wasnt surprised when the first (or second) goal went in. While they did go on the impressive run and have only lost 3(?) league games this season i never really felt as confident as i used to about any game (bar the liverpool ones :p ). The fight and slickness in passing just isnt there anymore ad i cant understand why cos the team itself should easily be able to manage it. I just dont know what needs to be done, i really dont.

While i dont like knee jerk reactions like sack the manager you have to look at where he is taking the team and wether its improving or not. The fight isnt in his team nor do i agree with his selections or formations (im not paid to so it doesnt _really_ matter what i think) of late. I dont want him sacked but i cant see the old fight being instilled back in the team without some change at either coach or management level or a serious change in attitude.

What happened to the succesfull fast counter attacking football. Its not just the players have changed, i still see opportunities for it but its like they have been told to take it easy sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Its not a new manager United need, its a new midfield! Giggs and Scholes are past their best, and despite Keane's mentality, his body isn't able to keep going. Ronaldo has potential, but needs some other good determined players around him. Players like Kleberson, Djemba-Djemba, and Miller aren't anywhere near good enough.

Fair enough, its Ferguson's job to manage that situation and turn it around, but I think thats clearly where the problem lies at the moment. I think if he had a fit midfield 4 that had gelled together, he'd have far less squad-rotation, and wouldn't be bothering with the faltering 4-3-3 formation.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I really hate the attempt to have a 4-3-3.
    Its just because we only have two wingers, and thus we can't play a 4-4-2 effectivly all the time, so we've resorted to a 4-3-3.

Keane holds the squad together, just like Makelele does for Chelsea, and to a lesser extent Vieira for Arsenal.

p.s.

I am 100% sure the only way Quirez has come back as assistant manager is because he was told that he would be the next United manager.
    O'Neill hasn't proven himself at this sorta level yet imo.

can any one see Carlos Queiroz being a next man utd manager
    i personaly cant

he had his chance at real madrid fair enough it was only one season

i rather see keano the next manager

and mr_angry i agree with united need to a new midfielder but who

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

No United supporter would be happy with yesterdays performance or with the amount of points we have lost to the lower place teams this season. Chelsea have the league won so Fergie gave teh squad players a run saving the first teamers for next weeks FA Cup our only realistc chance of silverware this year.
    The squad players are not good enough it's as simple as that .

Fergie must shoulder some of the blame for that and yes he has made mistakes .Selling Japp Stam was a big mistake IMO. That said Fergie has shown enough ability to deserve at the very least another season to turn things around. I believe he is the best man for the job maybe time will prove me wrong in that but United owe him some loyalty and support for what he has done for the club. I suggest that those united "fans" calling for his head do not remember the very lean years before Fergies arrival when we hadn't won the league for 20 years,or anything eles apart from the odd FA Cup.

I would consider that before shafting the best manager the club has ever had.

The Muppet wrote:
    Fergie must shoulder some of the blame for that and yes he has made mistakes .Selling Japp Stam was a big mistake IMO. That said Fergie has shown enough ability to deserve at the very least another season to turn things around. I believe he is the best man for the job maybe time will prove me wrong in that but United owe him some loyalty and support for what he has done for the club. I suggest that those united "fans" calling for his head do not remember the very lean years before Fergies arrival when we hadn't won the league for 20 years,or anything eles apart from the odd FA Cup.

You make some good points but why do you always have to resort to questioning the knowledge and loyalty of any "fan" (as you put it) who thinks Ferguson should step down. Seems a bit pedantic to me to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

fade2black wrote:
    You make some good points but why do you always have to resort to questioning the knowledge and loyalty of any "fan" (as you put it) who thinks Ferguson should step down. Seems a bit pedantic to me to be honest.

Because most Utd fans only know winning, whereas Muppet appears to be a fan before the winning came.

Cba quoting above, Utd unbeaten 20 games playing well still not top, Chelsea have won more games away than at home, this the standard Utd have set over the years as the effort req to win the league.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Look lads, why don't you all jump ship over to a team thats on the up. AFAIK the Bolton supporters club is actively recruiting :)

KdjaC wrote:
    Because most Utd fans only know winning, whereas Muppet appears to be a fan before the winning came.

Cba quoting above, Utd unbeaten 20 games playing well still not top, Chelsea have won more games away than at home, this the standard Utd have set over the years as the effort req to win the league.

kdjac

Muppet aint the only fan who was there before the winning came, and I think he'd agree with me on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

The Muppet wrote:
    Chelsea have the league won so Fergie gave teh squad players a run saving the first teamers for next weeks FA Cup our only realistc chance of silverware this year.

To be perfectly honest, automatic CL qualification should be the priority over the FA cup. Apart from allowing Arsenal retake the initiative in that, the 3-4 times this season when fegie has misjudged his tactics are the real reason Utd are currently so far behind Chelsea. Besides all of that, I wouldnt be overly confident of Utd progressing on their current form.
    The squad players are not good enough it's as simple as that .
    Yet they arguably have a better squad than Arsenal, who look favourites for second place and have kept in touch. Whats the differing factor so?
    Fergie must shoulder some of the blame for that and yes he has made mistakes .Selling Japp Stam was a big mistake IMO. That said Fergie has shown enough ability to deserve at the very least another season to turn things around.

As someone who supports a team that took that attitude with a manager, and watched it come back to haunt us, I think its a rather naive and romantic ideal. Like I said, he's been given a long enough stay of execution (which is effectively what you think he should get) and Real, Milan or Inter would have dispensed with him months ago, if not last year.

Football is a business and the business is winning. Not winning the league is one thing. Finishing approx 10 pts adrift for two seasons running is another. Its not as if Fergie hasn't spent either. Fair enough, he can't match Chelseas spending power, but if he was really that good, I don't think Utd would have Arsenal still battling with them.

I believe he is the best man for the job maybe time will prove me wrong in that but United owe him some loyalty

I don't think he is tbh. With the money he has spent, he cannot expect the fans or the board to accept another season 10 points off the league winners and having to endure CL qualification next season. Fegie owes it to the fans to leave the club in a situation where they can go on to as great an era as he gave them. At the moment, looking at the players he's brought in and the achievements of the current team, I don't think that is the case.
    and support for what he has done for the club. I suggest that those united "fans" calling for his head do not remember the very lean years before Fergies arrival when we hadn't won the league for 20 years,or anything eles apart from the odd FA Cup.

I believe you trolled me once for living on past glories? Even now, Uniteds closest rivals would probably love the finance and structure that Fergie has. Even without it, Arsenal's form has been the equal of Uniteds. I'm repeating myself by saying, great managers leave the club a legacy of greatness. Fergie looks to be slowly dismantling everything he has built.

Thats what alot of Forest fans said about Clough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Ok we had bad performance yesterday and fergie has made some awful descisions but its down to the continual selection below par players. I just wanna gauge who ppl would like to see rid of in the summer.

Out:
    1) Howard
    2) Kleberson
    3) Miller
    4) Giggs(Maybe)
    5) Saha (For his continual injury problems)
    6) Van Nistelrooy Replaced by Owen.
    **Ever his comeback it totally disrupted the team, we were on a roll then he
    came back into the fray, which meant Rooney had to slot in behind RVN
    when Rooney was playin so well up front on his own.
    A Rooney & Owen up front would be excellent, they play so well together
    for the national side.

fade2black wrote:

Because thats how I feel about those "fans" calling for Fergies head after two poor (by his standard) seasons. United have long had the reputation of having Glory hunting fans and I believe turning our back on our most sucessful manager of all time so quickly will prove the point. Sorry if that offends but thats honestly how I see it. Don't get me wrong I am as disapointed and anyone else with performances like yesterday but given that the title is alread decided and we have an important match next week I don't see it as the catastrophy others do.

We won The FA cup last year and could do so again this year. Admittedly that's poor when compared to the success of the late 90's but who gave us that success? IMO We owe the man a bit of loyalty and support for what he did to our club.

I have been a united supporter for over 30 years I remember the lean years when there was very little glory, The occasional FA Cup was the only competition we won. I don't want to see the club return to that by replacing A great manager with a worse one. We already have a proven manager at the helm so why gamble by sacking him and replacing him with unproven talent particularly as there is little or no money for a new manager to bring in his own players.

I dont believe he is , but maybe you're right and Fergie is past it. I still think we owe him more time for the good times he has given us. Another season or two and if we don't regain the title he will not need to be sacked ,I think he'll step down if he doesn't go before then. Surely that bit of loyalty and support is the least United Supporters owe the greatest manager our club has ever had.

• Advertisement

Quirez is in line to take over. You can see it. He is always out on the touch line, he was there at the end of the game shaking hands with the players before they went in. He has got the tactical knowledge without a doubt, even though I despise the 4-3-3. I am 100% sure the only way he was coming back to United is because he has been told he will be manager next, I'd imagine with Keano helping him out as a coach, not assistant manager. p.s. Did you know 20% of the premiership managers have come from Alex Ferguson's side at some point.

Theres absolutly no point in selling Miller, you won't ge tmuch for him, and it might come back to kick you in the nuts.
    -
    Kleberson? I guess so, I thought he played well last night. Scholes is gona be gone soon, I want a replacement. Kleberson did three amazing things last night imo. He made a great pass to Fortune to set up a good ronaldo chance. He did some great passes with Scholes to develop the game, and only let one pass astray, comarped to scholesy 4. And he saved an overhit pass from Scholes with a brilliant header, keeping the ball in play to Neville, and allowed a quality chance for Smith, who missed it :)
    -
    Giggs? You might get 3 mill for him? Why bother?
    -
    Howard you might get quite a bit of money for maybe, that said, we would then have Luke Steele as our only keeper. While i Like the kid, and think he has a future, I'd rather Howard in second place then noone :) A new keeper wil be bought, so why well Howard when they could be competing?
    -
    Saha has had a lot of trouble. If we sold him would we get back even 5 million? Maybe. That said, I know for sure that Fergie absolutly loves him, and hes right because Saha is an incredible player imo. If we weer to sell a striker, I think its Smithy. Smith doesn't have the quality, Saha does.
    -
    Van Nist? I might consider selling him, for 30 mill or so. Just because he plans to retire in 2 years at his peak. For Owen? No chance. Owen is nowhere near as good as Van Nist imo. I am 100% sure that the only only way Van Nist would be sold if Torres was brought in as a replacement. Fergie loves Van Nist, and he loves Torres. Only way imo. p.s. Owen is a scouser.

What do I want done in the summer?
    Man Utd:

Buffon/Casillas
    Maybe one of those spanish keepers were consistantly linked with, and let Howard have another chance, he is doing well so far

Preferably two of three of these

Essien
    Aimar
    Gatusso

I also want another spanish/italian winger
    Vincente
    Joaquin
    I figure it would be some unknown dutch or spanish winger.

I want sold the following:

Phil Neville
    Bellion
    Richardson
    Kleberson
    Smith[needs to be sold since we have 3 strikers who are muchbetter than him, and Ole the legend is coming back to be the super sub he is, so Smith better not take his place on the bench]
    I've changed my mind about Kleberson and Richardson(After some great preformances on loan).

Plus any of these free transfer:

Emre
    Van Bommel

Can you honestly say the Van Nistelrooy has been profilic over the past two seasons.
    Yes Torres would be an excellent replacement for sure, Rooney is a Scouser.

Rooney isn't the scouser I hate.
    I can honestly say that Van Nist has been prolific over the last two seasons.
    Van Nist has been injured for 6 months of this season!!! 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He is the ****ign top scorer in the CL! i.e. the golden boot for the champions league, ya know, the best league in the world?
    Van Nist singlehandly got a draw with Lyon, when we were two nil down, he scored 2 quality goals.
    Sure he hasn't lit the world alight like he did in his first season, but he will next season if he gets to play every game.
    Anyway, I'm safe in the knowledge that I know fergie agrees with me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Can you honestly say the Van Nistelrooy has been profilic over the past two seasons.
    Hell yes. I dont want him going anywhere.
    I remember a certain games vs real madrid last season where we looked dead and buried before the first leg was even over. Van Nist was the only player that i felt really really tried. Only reason he hasnt been "prolific" this season (even tho as someone said hes still top scorer in CL thus far) is cause he's been out with injury for so long.

Im undecided how i feel about Quieroz. Sometimes i like waht he does but usually im not sure. Im not sure if i like (what i think) he brought to the club this season. If you'd asked me last year however i would have been happy having him as our next manager. As it is im not so sure.

fade2black wrote:
    Muppet aint the only fan who was there before the winning came, and I think he'd agree with me on that.
    exactly im a united fan and always will be . im not one of those fans which only came when the winning started

and if their going bad i still will support them throught thick and thin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

We will not be selling Smith. We just won't be! He is 23 and is a super player. To be honest PHB, if we are to have any chance of getting even two of the players you have listed in your dream team up there, for arguements sake, let's say Essien and some good GK, the only way we can afford it is by selling Van Nist for 30 million or thereabouts!

man utd have no chance with Joaquin hes going to real madrid i say

we have enough forwards we need a midfielder and a winger

and you might get more than 3 million for giggs Inter milian always wanted him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

To be honest all this criticism of Ferguson is a little much.. Granted, some decisions he has made are questionable but he knows what he is doing and has to be allowed to get it wrong the odd time.. Mind you, he needs to swallow his pride a little. Forcing Beckham out was bordering on financial suicide for United. He has already paid back his transfer fee to United and revenue streams attributed to him basically pay for half the Real squads wages. Stam is also proving to be a massive mistake.

Regarding the buys he has made and the state of the United midfield. There is no doubting that United's midfield is the main weakness but he has tried to make changes.

He tried to sign Ronaldinho, Duff and Robben in recent seasons but was beaten by clubs who are willing to splash the cash more than United. This is not Fergusons fault, this is the boards fault as they are the ones who won't release the cash.

These players have contributed massively to their respective clubs now being the biggest forces in Europe. He also wants to sign Joaquinn but will be pipped to the post by Chelsea purely for financial reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I think the reason RVN hasn't scored many since his return is because United haven't created the chances for him. RVN isn't the type of player who will come back to the half way line to get the ball then beat 2 or 3 players before shooting. He scores most of his goals inside the box so if united aren't creating the chances he's not going to score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Man United never wanted to sign Damien Duff. Just felt like correcting that one. http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2003/07/21/story633261437.asp

irish1 wrote:
    I think the reason RVN hasn't scored many since his return is because United haven't created the chances for him. RVN isn't the type of player who will come back to the half way line to get the ball then beat 2 or 3 players before shooting. He scores most of his goals inside the box so if united aren't creating the chances he's not going to score.

when beckham was at united RVN would always be to scorer each month nearly

now that Ronaldo has arrived,not saying thats there somthing wrong with Ronaldo its just he cant cross the ball as consistent as Beckham

I agree fully with Jesus That's Great and and Irish One's posts above. In fergie's defence for selling Beckham Fergie did think he was going to get Ronaldinho as a replacement. Unfortunately that didn't work out.

I don't agree about the cash situation.
    The impression I get is that

Gill will release the cash to buy a top quality goalie, after that it will only come from transfer fees.
    Essien or someone, or a winger or someone can be bought for 10 millish, or the price we could get for Smithy + whoever else they can sell.
    Van Nist can only be replaced with Torres, who will cost the same imo.

I just saw this quote from Neville:

"We have to get ourselves together, if we don't we have a manager who will do something about it."

Bit of blame in that sentance?

I am not going to continue this battle with muppet, but I have been a supporter of Man U since I guess when I was 4 or 5, I am now 29 so by my calculations thats nearly 25 years supporting Man U. Now since 1990 when we won the FA cup in a replay against Palace,we have gone on and won all their is to win.Who will forget the Double Double and of course the Treble. Now we all know that thats down to Fergie and the way he brought in the majority ot the team throught the youth system, And of course the buys of the decade in Cantona and Schmeichel(Was it Hansen that said "you'll never win anything with Kids) He has lead us through the most successful period in our history and we are all greatful to him for that. Since 99 though we have won the premiership three times and FA Cup once, which is an excellent record for any other club, but we are used to better. We also saw the emergence of a very good Arsenal side who have gone on to make things very difficult for Man U.

Sir Alex is ManU through and through and we will always be eternally greatful to him for all he has achieved, but as has been pointed out on here over the last few months, for one reason or another he has not made the very best of decisions for Man Utd. We have even seen him go public with statements to that affect also. Only yesterday in one of the rags, he was quoted as saying RVN's lack of form was down to him rushing him back because of his desire to win his Holy Grail (CL). Since he annouced that he was not going to retire he seems to have lost some of his fight and that has had an effect on the teams.

We all have opinions on the players he has brought in and the amount of money he has wasted to. Remember Forlan for instance. How much did we lose on him. I just feel that its time that he went out now with his dignity still intact. I for one dont want to be coming on forums like this and slating him, but I like many others are passionate about our wonderful club and get pissed off when he fields weakened teams and end up dropping points. As PHB has said here also, I think thats its nailed on the Carlos will take over whenever he decides to go with Keane in some sort of a coaching role. By the way, fergie has also publically stated this is the combination that he could see taking Man U to the next level after he goes.

Reguardless as to who is the manager, I love this club and will support them under any management team.
    So muppet if I offended you in any way yesterday I apologise, this slagging and banter between us fans is what makes football such a passionate game.

• Advertisement

Leonard wrote:
    So muppet if I offended you in any way yesterday I apologise, this slagging and banter between us fans is what makes football such a passionate game.

No need for the apology Leonard I was not offended at all . I was trying to be humourous by replying "Bye now" when you posted you were off somwhere else to give out about Fergie, Obviously you didn't see the funny side but I was not trying to have a go at you.

We are all entitled to our opinions and I can be as abrupt as the next man so I apologies if i offended you , that was not my intention. On reflection a few of us a got a bit heated after the poor result, that wouldn't happen if we didn't care about United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

tbh

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    tbh

kdjac
    lol

all together now

KdjaC wrote:
    tbh

kdjac

LOL Group hug yeah.

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Hell yes. I dont want him going anywhere.
    I remember a certain games vs real madrid last season where we looked dead and buried before the first leg was even over. Van Nist was the only player that i felt really really tried. Only reason he hasnt been "prolific" this season (even tho as someone said hes still top scorer in CL thus far) is cause he's been out with injury for so long.

Im undecided how i feel about Quieroz. Sometimes i like waht he does but usually im not sure. Im not sure if i like (what i think) he brought to the club this season. If you'd asked me last year however i would have been happy having him as our next manager. As it is im not so sure.
    That was two seasons ago mate, we plyed madrid. I am talking about this season and last.

• Advertisement
Advertisement