Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The who loves United more thread also contains some Man Utd v Norwich scores

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

CL top scorer! Respond to that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Right he is top scorer , are we in the Champions League , have we won the Champions League since he joined club, the answer is no. The defenders in England know his game inside out, RVN didn't perform this season or the last end of story. All the goals in the world dont make a blind bit of difference if they dont win what the are playing for every season, be it the EPL or CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA , Eeeaaaaaasssssyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!,Eeeaaaaaasssssyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!,Eeeaaaaaasssssyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!,Eeeaaaaaasssssyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!,Eeeaaaaaasssssyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!,

what a result and you can all moan what you like we were the better team. what an atmosphere at the game and like all man ure supporters, they couldnt even accept defeat with a couple of fans wanting to take on groups of Norwich supporters in the city. It was great in the airport today with everyone saying well done on beating em. I'm happy and can't wait to get into work tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

He hasn't done well this season but hes been injured alarge portion of it and i think its unfair to criticise him for that.

Regarding Real sorry yer i meant 2 yrs ago. For some reason i've tried to block the porto result from my mind :p

Not many players are sold for having 1 bad season. I still think hes an amazing player.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA , Eeeaaaaaasssssyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!,Eeeaaaaaasssssyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!,Eeeaaaaaasssssyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!,Eeeaaaaaasssssyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!,Eeeaaaaaasssssyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!,
    Well congrats. Your team deserved to win. Tho manu shoulda had at least 1 penalty.

Right he is top scorer , are we in the Champions League , have we won the Champions League since he joined club, the answer is no. The defenders in England know his game inside out, RVN didn't perform this season or the last end of story. All the goals in the world dont make a blind bit of difference if they dont win what the are playing for every season, be it the EPL or CL.

Alright so lets get this straight.
    Ruud was top scorer in the CL.
    We didn't win the CL.
    Therefore Ruud should be sold.

You've identified the problem, looked at the only positive from it, decided he was the negative, and applied a flawed solution.

As for the english defenders knowing his game inside out.
    His game is based on everyone knowing what he is going to do.
    He is just pure consistancy, if he gets a chance he will score.
    The only reason he hasn't this year is because he has been injured.
    Find me a decent chance he has missed htis year.
    Problem isn't with Ruud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

PHB wrote:
    He is just pure consistancy, if he gets a chance he will score.
    The only reason he hasn't this year is because he has been injured.
    Find me a decent chance he has missed htis year.
    Problem isn't with Ruud
    He's scored 1 league goal from open play in 13 games this season, I find it hard to believe he's not had any decent chances.

Wewll find it hard to believe, go back and find me a chance that somebody else would have definally scored.

After being injured at the start of the season, he played a total of 6 games at the start of the season, netting 4 times if I'm not mistaken. Two of the penos he scored were his. Since then he has been essentially out for almost 3 months, was then rushed back because Fergie knew despite his lack of sharpness, he was our best chance for a goal against AC Milan cause he is the personification of a big game player, just look at Euro 2004. Then has since not scored in 7 games, worth noting that he has 4 assists, yep 4 assists, and playing in a ludicrous 4-5-1 formation without any sort of match sharpness. He was rushed abck from injury, even Fergie acknowledges it.
    Luckily I know I'm right, and I know when he gets back on form and scores all the time, you will remember why you never ever should doubt him. He is the best player United have had since Cantona. The man never ever gives up, he is by definition what makes a Man Utd player. Who in the Norwich game gave it his all? He did. When he was given a **** pass, and disposses, he chased back a player, made a great tackle, then when most players would have stayed down, got back up, saved the ball from going out, passed the ball to Neville, got it back, and made a fantastic pass that if he was on the end of would have scored. What the **** do you want him him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

it goes to show the man ure players lost the head when they were down. Smith and Rooney making reckless tackles, and as for Heinze my blood boils at the thought of that little runt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Heinze is possibly one of the best players to join the club in years, apart from rio and roon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Willem D wrote:
    All the goals in the world dont make a blind bit of difference if they dont win what the are playing for every season, be it the EPL or CL.
    That is a completely ridiculous statement.

Its like saying Andy Johnsen may have not as well have even played for Palace this year if they go down.

Van Nistelrooy did his job in the United team in the CL this year, he scored 8 goals in 6 games. To say that means nothing because they didnt win it is just stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

Whatever people think of Fergie, to suggest selling one of the best goalscorers in the world because of a blip in form after coming back from a long injury is beyond a joke. He's an incredible player, and if he was put up for sale, every club with serious aspirations in european competition would be after him.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Leonard wrote:
    I will head off now and start the Fergie must go thread now....... I am sick of saying it here
    Leonard wrote:
    You are a muppet. You had ago of Fade2black earlier this month about Fergie and you lived up to you name then just like now. We are all entitled to our opinion and mine is I think as good as Sir Alex has been to Man U, he has taken them as far as he can. Since the treble season, we have being going backward. I just feel that its time that a new manager was brought in.

Hmm, why is he a muppet for saying bye now to you Leonard? It seems to me you stated you were leaving, to go start some ridiculous thread about sacking our manager, and The Muppet was just being polite and bidding you farewell?? Me thinks you should remember what you post before getting personal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

The Muppet wrote:
    I agree fully with Jesus That's Great and and Irish One's posts above. In fergie's defence for selling Beckham Fergie did think he was going to get Ronaldinho as a replacement. Unfortunately that didn't work out.

Poor management tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

psi wrote:
    Poor management tbh.
    Well, I'd see it more as unfortunate. Something similare happened with Liverpool trying to get Morientes for Owen but on the otherhand I guess Benitez isn't advertised as being the best manager in the world, ever :rolleyes:

No wait - we got Morientes :D

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Hmm, why is he a muppet for saying bye now to you Leonard? It seems to me you stated you were leaving, to go start some ridiculous thread about sacking our manager, and The Muppet was just being polite and bidding you farewell?? Me thinks you should remember what you post before getting personal...

When I said I would "head off" it was said in tongue and cheek m8. As for having a go at muppet, I felt he was been a smart arse and I have since apologised for that. I suggest you read the thread properly before trying to have a go at me.

And as for some "ridiculous thread" well that again is down to debate. As I have pointed out in a previous post, We all have different opinions on here and thats what makes this place so much fun. But hey you are entitled to your opinion and whatever that opinion maybe I would and will respect that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

p.pete wrote:
    Well, I'd see it more as unfortunate.

That's nearer the mark all right, If anyone at United is to blame for Ronaldinho not signing for them it's the Board who do all the contract negotiations and not the Manager.

I personally blame Kenyon, its all his fault, he always made our transfer costs like 150% higher, he does the same now for Chelsea

The Muppet wrote:
    That's nearer the mark all right, If anyone at United is to blame for Ronaldinho not signing for them it's the Board who do all the contract negotiations and not the Manager.

Fergie has to shoulder some blame for not getting an adequate replacement. Fergie has long been used to getting his way, I'm curious as to what happened in this case.

Anyway, I stand by my previous assessment. As good a manager as he was for Utd, he's slowly ensuring that any manager who wants to return them to their former glory will have no easy task.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I dont think Gill and the Board were too pleased with Ferguson's team selection given that it was made clear about a week ago that coming 2nd in the league is now a priority, because in addition to avoiding a potential banana-skin CL prelim tie, it also means £2m-£3m in extra TV revenue (while part of the TV money is split based on how well you do in the CL, a signifcant portion is split based solely on the previous year's league position).

I saw Ferdinand going off injured in the highlights. Did he rejoin the action or did Utd finish with 10 men (if the latter, is he doubtful for next week?)

• Advertisement

Incidently, I notice how while certain posters are condescending towards otehrs for feeling fegie shoul go, they are very selective about the ones that they answer.

Doesn't really make it seem like they have that strong an argument...

PHB wrote:
    I personally blame Kenyon, its all his fault, he always made our transfer costs like 150% higher, he does the same now for Chelsea

I agree with that , United usally paid over the odd when he was around. The Board cost us Robben as well by messing around wit an agreed and letting Chelsea sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

Fergie Voted Greatest Manager of all time.THE MUPPET

best headline ive seen in ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

pogcica wrote:

hmmm?

pogcica wrote: