Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How buggy is WoW?

Options
  • 09-04-2005 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

Ok, bladefist servers just died again. WTF is going on?

I'm one of the first to defend blizzard but this seems crazy by comparsion to other MMORPG's, that I've played.

Anyone any horror stories about other ones, I may not have played?

I dont really know of any game comparable.

Planetside was a bitch for me to get into, both due to FPS and lag, but that was all on my end.

I'm surprised it hasnt lost players over this.

I heard that the US players got compensation due to the bugs, but we're on the exact same code, what about us?

Any comments?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭SpooN_9k

least it went down near dinner time

otherwise id be extremly annoyed right now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

how often does bladefist server crash?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

we got two free days due to recent crashes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

zenedars just gone down too. doesn't go down all that much to be honest, hardly ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Bladefist is pretty much unplayable at the moment I think. We have a guild group together to do SM too. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Azjol-Nerub seems to be down. I keep getting disconnected from the server everytime I try to get on :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭SpooN_9k

and this is before another few hundred thousand copies go on sale on the 15th :mad:

the mind boggles at the thought :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Blade fist seems to crash at least once a week. If not more.
    And when it does crash, it tends to crash repeatedly for at least an hour.

Not to mention the actual instance servers, which seem to die at least once per trip to an instance.

I'm pretty pissed, mostly because I love the game so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

*crys and hammers stupid server*
    GET BACK UP DAMN YOU!!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Bladefist is a joke for the last week or so tbh!!I'm gonna sue em for breach of contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

it's one of the highest populated servers in europe atm and just can't seem to handle the load.

they need to move it to the better hardware like they did with the US servers and offer population migration to some ppl can move and lighten the load on the server. That should improve things!

I'd honestly prefer if they applied the queue system savagely. I wouldn't mind waiting for 30mins-1hr to get on the server on a Saturday afternoon if I could be guaranteed that it would actually work properly once I'm there. I've no problem leaving WoW sitting there for ages while I do something else or internet something else.

It was awful annoying today to have a good group of guildies together to go do something fun and to spend about an hour reloading WoW every little while in hope. It'd be far better if they're not going to get truly nasty with the queue system to

1. Bring the whole server down to and "do stuff".

2. Tell us the instance servers are borked and to go to something less amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

hehe you think it's bad that you had 5 ppl waiting to do something and couldn't?

Try having to cancel a 40 man MC raid cause of servers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Deathwing is supposed to be highpop, but I never really have to queue (only once, and it was a 5 person queue).

Yesterday the instance servers went down twice, meant our Mauradon group got all screwed up and we had to find another (and finding a healer for the raids after lvl40 on our server is a pain in the hole). They had to restart the server. A few people are still getting the disconnects, and I get the occassional lag but other than that I don't think I've had many problems.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I hate to tell you all but Spinebreaker is almost rock solid. We get a crash about once a fortnight for an hour or so but its rare to queue except Saturday afternoon/early-evening and during the week its practically deserted late at night!

Are we ever going to make that Irish guild somewhere? Once I hit late 50's I'm gonna want to set up an alt and level that up if we are going to have an irish guild...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Have never experienced a crash or down time on Draenor.

DeVore wrote:
    I hate to tell you all but Spinebreaker is almost rock solid. We get a crash about once a fortnight for an hour or so but its rare to queue except Saturday afternoon/early-evening and during the week its practically deserted late at night!

Are we ever going to make that Irish guild somewhere? Once I hit late 50's I'm gonna want to set up an alt and level that up if we are going to have an irish guild...
    Bored of Ie is on Bladefist 'tis a great little guild. Horde too for your rerolling convenience.

An idea might be to roll at alt early and take advantage of the rest state building up.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

rest state maxes out at 1.5 levels but yeah, thats a point. I just got 40 on Spinebreaker (my main Poket is Alliance there!) so right now I'm in the middle of getting a mount and all the rest but yeah I'll play horde there when I make an Alt!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Personally I think WoW is designed with Alts in mind.
    I started Grok, a rogue, just 2 weeks ago.

I know undead like the back of my hand now, and I jumped to level 10 in 3 hours. To level 18 4 hours later. Granted rogues are crazy fast, but the time for any class is comparable.

Once you get to the 20's or so you can log out in a rest state, log on once a week, spend an hour at the class and get a full level with ease. Then log out in an inn and repeat.

Finally, switch to one of your other alts or back to your main, as your heart desires.

I currently have a 36 mage, a 31 druid, a 27 warlock, a 24 paladin, and a 19 rogue.
    If anyone wants to start an alt on bladefist let me know, I can level up an undead char pretty fast in a group. You can do your quests much faster in a group and thats really where the meaty xp is ;)

Sorry for dragging this off topic, but ye started it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

WoW is the most bug-free MMO I've ever played.. the issue with Bladefist is that it's overloaded and Blizz are taking their sweet time in either upgrading the infrastructure or bringing in realm transfers so we can offload some of the riff-raff. :)

And yeah as Dapper says, the idea of a queue is to limit the server to the number of people it can handle without falling over.. Bladefist clearly can't handle prime-time right now so the player limit needs to be brought down a good bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

anything but queues. I'd rather sit and play on a laggy, bugged up server than not at all. At least you can make some bit of progress, even angry if it is much-shouting-at-blizzard in progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

One annoying bug is when you are mining, when you crouch down to collect the items you mined all of a sudden you cant colelct them and remain crouched. A few jumps later and you dont run but merely glide across the plains as great as it may seem you cant interact with anything i.e. pick up loot mobs drop etc till you logout and in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

yep, that happened me once alright. pain in the tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

DeVore wrote:

DeV.

There two irish guilds, both on Bladefist. One Alliance, one horde. *psssssst* go alliance!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

That Mining bug is a pain in the ass, but its so bad as you can do a quick log out and login and I love the way it doesnt auto kick you from the grp when you log out.

The server im on Skullcrusher seems to be rock solid aswell, Its always up when I play.

As for previous games, Daoc was notorius for crashing at least once a week and EVERY relic raid ever for albion, for those that dont know the object is to get relics off the opposing teams from the castles and bring them back to your castle, but you need zergs to storm the castles and because their was so many people in the zone it would crash .....annoying. Use to have roll backs aswell they were seriously annoying, imagine having a day off or two and doing some serious gaming, blood shot eye's type and getting in two or three lvls + a couple of rare drops etc and then the server rolls back and you are back where you started - all the xp, - all the drops then you REALLY feel like you have lost two days of your life.

I am so impressed with Blizzard its scary :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Bladefist is a high pop server, but its certainly not the highest pop server out there. The problem we had over the weekend was shared with about 10 other servers (Burning Blade, Warsong andAgammenenenenenenenen sp being 3 i remember). Apparently it stems from the data centre that the servers are hosted in.

For me what was unforgivable was the utter lack of communication on blizzards part over the weekend. Saturday was unplayable for the majority and for people who work, weekends are a great time for them to level up. NOT A WORD on the forums from blizzard about it. No blue, no realm status notes, no nothing. Not even when there was a massive gnome invasion to an RP server was there a blue resonponse.

A simple "were aware and working on it" would save a lot of frustration. The US servers have had there fair share of problems, but the CM's have usually posted about the problems within minutes, nevermind hours. On US servers, downtime like this would result in at least a free day. Will we see it here? Will we fùck.

(P.S. dev, reroll off that carebear server your on and come bladefist. Theres guilds on both sides of the divide, except ours doesnt have people with rotting kneecaps, obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

DeV, the horde awaits!!

FOR THE HORDE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Tusky wrote:
    There two irish guilds, both on Bladefist. One Alliance, one horde. *psssssst* go alliance!
    Irish Horde guild on Teranas.

<The Irish Guard>

Advertisement