Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband

• 09-04-2005 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

Have the homestarter plus package (think thats the one) from eircom. Since the upgrade the speeds for downloads are sweet 200+ kbps, but after about 15-20 mins the dsl disconnects for a second and appears to reconnect at a lower speed as downloads only sit at 12 kbps, any ideas? anyone else getting this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭Peteer

I'm connected the last 164hrs and from http://www.hoki.com/speed/ I see that my speeds are down 862.4Kbps and up at 92.0Kbps

Thats also using Eircom Basic broadband. Summerhill Exchange. My last few days before moving to Smart.

Cheers,
    Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Have the homestarter plus package (think thats the one) from eircom. Since the upgrade the speeds for downloads are sweet 200+ kbps, but after about 15-20 mins the dsl disconnects for a second and appears to reconnect at a lower speed as downloads only sit at 12 kbps, any ideas? anyone else getting this?

Have a look at what speed your router is actually connecting to the exchange with. It could be that the line quality is causing the speed/connection to vary/drop. If you can get the line quality from the router post that as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

I was on to Eircom DSL tech support the other day about something, the guy was saying they are having serious problems since this upgrade (no kidding). He reckoned they had thousands of calls logged.
    Almost everybody is having some sort of problem since the upgrade, I'd say just wait and see what happens, it'll all be straightened out eventually...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

I've had no problems ever with Eircom DSL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Frankieboy

Just wondering if anyone cant access the download information from Eircom site. You know the site that tells you how much your up and down loading. Mine is just the same as the end of last month no new information, on how im doin this month. Anyone else???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Frankieboy wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone cant access the download information from Eircom site....

Yep see here

Advertisement