Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reccomend me some led zeppelin

Options
  • 09-04-2005 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

i found a ton of my dads old led zeppelin cd's(around 14) and i really wanna start listening to them, but i dont know where to start ?

the cd's are: coda, houses of the holy, in through the out door, led zeppelin 1-4, physical graffiti 1-2, presence, remasters vols.1-2, the song remains the same 1-2

any reccomendations ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

by god! you are in a holy place, take off your shoes and kiss the floor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

Listen to them all. Order isn't really important, they're all equally amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

When you have listened to all of them go out and get yourself a copy of "How The West Was Won". :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Can anybody feel the jealousy here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

dump them, and listen to dream theater's zeppelin medley on A Change Of Seasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

start with the remasters 1 and 2 as they r the greatest hits
    = - they r a great band, loom for whole lotta love , black dog, :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

u need cooling baby im not fooling gonna send u back to schooling .. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

if 1-4 are the ones with black album covers then start there, otherwise wherever you want its all good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

a selection of songs to pay particular attention to:
    when the levee breaks
    hats off
    immigrant song
    misty mountain hop
    stairway to heaven
    kashmir

also, does anyone know where i can get plant&page unledded? ive tried all the big stores in the city centre and none of them have it. anywhere around the quays or temple bar worth checking?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭cactushan

battle of ever more
    and tangerine would be my favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Get everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Listen to IV because its probably the best with songs like Black Dog and Stairway to Heaven. Every song is brilliant. Even four sticks which noone ever mentions is great. Its by far their biggest selling album. I think its in the top 10 selling albums of all time. Physical Graffiti is a great album although its a double album and has some mixed kind of stuff. the only album id say to avoid for a first listen would be In through the out door. It was their last and easily their worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭JMArr

You're a lucky guy herobear ..how I wish I could go back any listen to it all again for the first time ... :D
    I'd agree with Golden Brown...start with remasters cos its a great comp of the most popular songs ...if you love that stuff then go thru the early albums and listen to the gems they didnt put on remasters ! [ E.g. -The Lemon Song on Zep II ...my fav and other blues covers etc ]its all good up till presence but coda and in thru the out door are pretty weak .
    If like all that stuff then get the BCC sessions ...how the west was won ..the double dvd ...the book and the T shirt the posters...yes they're THAT good. :D

Advertisement