Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wikipedia WYSIWYG

• 09-04-2005 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

I have been using Wikipedia for a while now and decided to try and give my input but I am really put off by the markup (I think that is what it's called) So does anyone know of a like wikipedia WYSIWYG editor or something?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭modular

I would recommend asking this somewhere on Wikipedia itself.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I went to this crazy site called Google and asked it about Wikipedia WYSIWIG and it told me this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

modular wrote:
    I would recommend asking this somewhere on Wikipedia itself.

Yeah, I've been reading this
    I went to this crazy site called Google and asked it about Wikipedia WYSIWIG and it told me this.

So did I and discocered that site thinking today's my lucky day only to discover that this site has no links to developed and working editors or the editors are on other wikis not Wikipedia or are not in fact WISIWYG but shortcut bars for the markup. So seeing as I needed help and google let me down, Wikipedia let me down I went for my last bastion of hope Boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

May I ask what is WYSIWIG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

what you see is what you get !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

WUSIWYG is a way of writing a article or something and formating it and u can see the results there and then like in Microsoft Word, this is opposed to using lots of codes like " bold [\b]" to make something bold on output.

Just to state it explictly in case anyone else didn't understand my last post - I have and still am looking on Google but haven't been able to find what I am looking for so thaught I'd ask in case somone had one that I couldn't find on google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Infini wrote:
    ENOUGH WITH THE GATHERING CARDS ALREADY!!!

although thank christ you've finally found one relevant to the discussion at hand....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Ah just learn the markup language... it's not that hard. :)

*edit*
    Actually I've just been looking at the Wiki markup and there is a lot to learn :o
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:How_to_edit_a_page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

steveland? wrote:
    ENOUGH WITH THE GATHERING CARDS ALREADY!!!

I've already realised it's getting old so I'll stop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Kappar wrote:
    WUSIWYG is a way of writing a article or something and formating it and u can see the results there and then like in Microsoft Word, this is opposed to using lots of codes like " bold [\b]" to make something bold on output.
    [RANT]Microsoft Word unlike say PDF's , is not yet WYSIWYG. How it shows a document on the screen depends on the Video Driver and then Printer Driver. Changing either can affect the document , just choosing a different printer (happens a lot on networks) can screw up the formating and if you use some older HP drivers then it even worse. [/RANT]Microsoft have been promising WYSIWYG since the 1980's and Office is still not an integrated suite in the way that WORKS (for example) is..

Advertisement