Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gimp my ride / Japanese Skanger Bangers

Options
  • 10-04-2005 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Even better than barryboys.com check out these tastefully modified japanese creations. :D Makes yer average butchered led and neon encusted spoilered M.I.C.R.A
    (Mum Insists Car Returned Allright) seem allmost tastefull.
    Would've gone down well at 100% Mudified.

http://tanetane92.web.infoseek.co.jp/20050116tas2.html

052991.jpg
    052961.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

ha ha ha ha ha ha...look at those spoilers.. the car people are always up to somthing new but never did i think this new.... :( :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

wonder will does mods make there way to europe :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

That site is fantastic I would love to get one of them and roll it in for the NCT just to see the testers face

jesus, surely if you went too fast the car would tip backwards?
    053031.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Man that's some funny sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

WHO would do this to an S-Class!!? :confused:
    052561.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yikes!

Whats with those pipes running under the bonnet? Several cars on that page have them.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

mike65 wrote:
    Yikes!

Whats with those pipes running under the bonnet? Several cars on that page have them.

Mike.
    Probably some way of increasing air flow??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

fletch wrote:
    WHO would do this to an S-Class!!? :confused:
    052561.jpg

i think the mod worked very well as this isn't S-class merc :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

It is called Bosozoka style and copies the style of the Bosozoka gang or they are Bosozoka gang member's cars. They are gangs made up people in their late teens and early 20s that speed/race around japanese cities and play cat and mouse with the police. The gang has a strong link with the Yakuza that is the Japanese mafia. They generaly join the Yakuza when they get older.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

yeah , thats definitley not an s-class . It just has s-class rear lights.
    im 95% sure its a honda legend

Could also be a toyota chaser

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

am i the only person who think these look photoshoped?

PlayaFlow wrote:
    yeah , thats definitley not an s-class . It just has s-class rear lights.
    im 95% sure its a honda legend

yep, i will go with 1991 legend

no way, that is a toyota chaser. The front lights of the legend are too narrow for it to be one and the rear door doesn't have a split in the glass.
    Plus most the cars on the website are rwd
    See the pics and compare. I could be wrong though, God knows with the amount of plastic stuck onto it.

im 100% sure its a Legend , take a moment to look at the back door and the shape where it opens , ITS DEFINITLEY A LEGEND!! :)

Ya but look at the rear door glass, the legend had a small piece of glass beside the main window that could be rolled down. This could make a good game, try to guess what the car was before it was molested.

ah yes but thats the newer Legend!, i meant the 91 Legend ,my mistake, i guarantee you its that one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

There is a very happy MDF-salesman somewhere in Tokyo...
    052951.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

What are the hydraulic tubes going down to the front reg about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

What are the hydraulic tubes going down to the front reg about?
    intercooler, oilcooler or imitation of same??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

The gang has a strong link with the Yakuza that is the Japanese mafia. They generaly join the Yakuza when they get older.

I take it all back thy're beautifull gorgeous cars and a credit to the owners imagination and technical prowess, may they be blessed with much honour!!!! :D:D:D;):p

I reckon this is the worst of the lot as it actually looked decent before it was butchered. A Datsun 260Z I think but no doubt I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.
    I know the 240 was the best of the Z cars but still to do this to a poor innocent machine ....the inhumanity of it!!!!
    052801.jpg
    052811.jpg

Delta_ie wrote:
    no way, that is a toyota chaser. The front lights of the legend are too narrow for it to be one and the rear door doesn't have a split in the glass.
    Plus most the cars on the website are rwd
    See the pics and compare. I could be wrong though, God knows with the amount of plastic stuck onto it.

T chaser has handles and fuel cap in wrong place but it doesn't look to me like legend either.

it's more like Nissan Cedric with his funny rear doors, aerial in right place, and the same shape rear window
    nissan-cedric-y34-1991-2.jpg

Ya I think you got it right Ratchet, looking at the rear door it has that weird out line because it has no pillars.

Mystery solved

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Wanton wrote:
    am i the only person who think these look photoshoped?
    No

I think some looks photoshoped

Dream cars from the same site, first few are more like cars you'd see in bad dreams :eek:

Whats this car:
    054361.jpg
    054371.jpg
    LOL:
    IMG_97801.jpg

This has some dream cars

The red coupe is a rx7, I thinks kinda good. The light conversions are not over the top and it compliments the lines of the car pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Delta_ie wrote:
    The red coupe is a rx7, I thinks kinda good. The light conversions are not over the top and it compliments the lines of the car pretty well.
    Was going to guess it was a rx7 but wasnt sure enough.
    The boot lid, from a merc? looks familiar from something anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Ratchet wrote:
    it's more like Nissan Cedric with his funny rear doors, aerial in right place, and the same shape rear window
    nissan-cedric-y34-1991-2.jpg
    yep, if I had to bet on it being a legend, chaser or cadric, my money would be on the cedric :D

Advertisement