Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL - ZyXel problem

• 10-04-2005 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on my problem. Recently moved apartments, working with IOL to move DSL connection. Finally tried it last Sunday, to my great surprise the DSL was working fine. Happily using it throughout the week, however yesterday morning tried to connect and got a 678 error. The DSL light on my black Prestige modem is green, the 10/100M is orange and the ACT light flickers orange and then green occasionally. I can access the modem via Firefox, and when I run a diasnostic the DSL line passes, but the ATM loopback and other tests fail.

Spoke to IOL tech support and they reckon my ID / password have not been set up on the line properly and I need to call Customer Support (ugh, at least an hour on hold for that). However, wouldn't I get a 'Password Incorrect' error in that case, rather than a 'Remote Computer Not Responding'? And why is the 10/100M light orange, rather than green? Again, the DSL light is green throughout.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

I had one of those modems (prestige 623-R-T1, should be on the under side) form what I remember your 10-100 and usb connection light does not go green. I think I got that "ATM loopback " error myself but cannot remmember why. Have you installed the drivers for the usb port and tried using that side of the modem, becuase if you can connect via usb at least it will tell you its not your user N/psw. As regards customer suppport I thing they have started a ring back service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

if its the 630 series I found tht removing the drivers and installing an older version driver from ZyXel worked faster and more responsively and is very compatible with my powerline bridge lan (see pic)
    it_portal_pic_36704_t.jpg
    very useful and fast lan down the powerline if you have €70 to spare go get 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

ionapaul wrote:
    but the ATM loopback and other tests fail.

This means there is an issue with your line.
    The DSL means the singal has been recieved.
    The Loopback means sending and recieving on the line did not pass.
    ionapaul wrote:
    Spoke to IOL tech support and they reckon my ID / password have not been set up on the line properly and I need to call Customer Support (ugh, at least an hour on hold for that).

Dont Bother.
    ionapaul wrote:
    However, wouldn't I get a 'Password Incorrect' error in that case, rather than a 'Remote Computer Not Responding'? And why is the 10/100M light orange, rather than green? Again, the DSL light is green throughout.

Any ideas?

The person who told you the password was wrong is a f00l.
    Turn the modem back to Routing instead of Bridged and use their 4 Diagnostics.

Pm me if ya need any help with that.

Advertisement