Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

i was wondering if...

Options
  • 10-04-2005 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

the hard sholder is for emergencies only and some cop is pulled up in a perfectly working car on the hard shoulder checking for speeding and nab you, can you claim the cop was illegally parked and therefore his evidance is inadmissable? not that its happened to me just curious thats all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

where else do you expect the cops to pull the car over to??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I doubt it, you couldn't really do the same if you stole a car and a garda car started chasing you breaking the speed limit to catch you. You're still breaking the law and have to be dealth with in accordance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

But when they're speeding they have to have the blue flashing lights on, so they should be made use them when parked in the hard shoulder

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Squirrel wrote:
    But when they're speeding they have to have the blue flashing lights on, so they should be made use them when parked in the hard shoulder
    where are you sourcing your info from? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

ohhh I sense a silly argument is about to follow....

• Advertisement
Advertisement