Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any IBB Breeze Users?

• 10-04-2005 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hey

The IBB guys came round and installed Breeze in my house last Friday evening, and finished just as I was leaving for the train. I briefly saw that it was working on their laptop, but in the short time available to me couldn't get it working on mine. I put in all the network settings he told me to, but he said I'd have to ring support in order to configure my laptop Internet Explorer connection settings - he didn't know how :mad: (!)

So, anyone out there with IBB Breeze who could tell me how to set it up on IE? I presume you gotta go Internet Explorer >> Tools >> Internet Options >> Connection Settings, but don't know where to go from there. I already got a UCD network proxy setup in the box, so maybe that's confusing me.

I'd be happy to know your settings - if you could walk me through it, that'd be even better!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Go to control panel>network connections. Right click on your lan connection> properties, click "internet protocol (TCp/IP)" then click properties and enter all your settings in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Go to control panel>network connections. Right click on your lan connection> properties, click "internet protocol (TCp/IP)" then click properties and enter all your settings in there.

Ive done that, but how do i get the connection set up on IE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Tools>internet options>connection click never dial a connection.

If that doesn't work go to start>run type cmd. Then type "ping www.boards.ie" to see if you are connected to the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

Hi paddy...

Was the installer an oldish man, tall, bit of a belly and reading glasses?

The installers for my breeze lite conn were kinda 'feeling their way' especially with the configuration thru the telnet screen. They were sub contract installers for IBB.

IBB could at least put them on some kinda training course first to make sure they are confident in what they are doing. Remember, you are paying 149euro for the install.

Dara.

Advertisement