Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Practical

• 10-04-2005 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

Got this test in little more than a week. Just wondering if anyone has any tips as such. I've got my four pieces pretty much laid out, but I'm not sure if these are good enough. In other words, how are the marks given out? If I just stay in time should I be grand? I'm being examined on drums by the way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

Shouldn't you have 8 pieces? 4 of 2 instruments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

probably doing the 4 and the music technology option,otherwise its 2x4 or 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yup, I'm doing Music Technology along with four drum pieces.

It's points in the bag tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

i heard the music tech thing is quite the easy, anybody know exactly what u do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I'm off to bed now. Up first out of us all tomorrow morning at 8.30.
    Drums, 6 pieces. *gets it on*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Kitsune

Music technology is really easy. I'm doing it for my full elective.
    I have to enter store retrieve and edit 2 three part scores. i.e. Create three midi or audio tracks of at least 16 bars each, save it, retrieve it and make it sound cool, then burn a CD.
    Then I have to perform 1 song on bass to a backing track I've prepared beforehand, as well as quickly convincing the examiner that I was the one who made it.
    AFAIK, if you're just doing it as part of your practical you can just use sibelius to enter and print a musical score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

I did 4 sax and 4 piano today. Made a few mistakes, but it would have been unrealistic to hope for a perfect performance (for me anyway). Overall, wasn't bad. The examiners were nice (there were two - an examiner, and someone examining the examiner).

Advertisement