Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola Flip

Options
  • 10-04-2005 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Can anyone tell me where the best place to get a Motorola V525 fixed??? The small screen on the outside of the flip (under the camera) is broken... and so the phone doesn't work. But I've been told that the flip can be replaced?

Anyone have this done... can tell me who repairs and how much it costs? Cheers.

Comments

I can do repairs on the V525 but I wouldn't trust myself with someone else's phone, lol. But I'll still give you some advice:

The two LCD screens are joined together with double-sided tape and are connected to the same circuit board. It is possible to replace the outer LCD if the inner one is still working. However, if both of them don't work then it could either be one of the following:

A torn or damaged ribbon cable. This is quite common, and the cable is cheap.

Dead PCB, which would involve the replacement of both LCDs (could cost about €100).

I've no idea how much a professional company would charge for the repairs, but I can get the parts. I'm afraid to give prices in case someone kills me, lol. But the outer LCD and ribbon cable are cheap.

Advertisement