Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

can't get google

• 10-04-2005 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭

we are connected with iol bb and all of a sudden we can't access any google site except google.ie... the other 2 pc's on our home network can access all the google sites???? anyone ever had this one???? :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

jcoote wrote:
    we are connected with iol bb and all of a sudden we can't access any google site except google.ie... the other 2 pc's on our home network can access all the google sites???? anyone ever had this one???? :confused:

Well....its not your broadband connection at fault, you might want to have a good look over yoru system and see if it has any problems
    Windows forum for help maybe? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with broadband either. I'll move this as I think it's probably got to do with settings in windows or a problem with some software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

Windows settings for certain...have you experimented with other browsers???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

@jcoote - I had the exact same problem once ..... turned out it was Norton Internet Security. Easy to try out (if you have NIS installed) - just disable the firewall; close all IE sessions and try again.
    Worth a try if it applies ...... just my 2 cent's worth :p

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

google also checks your connection and if possible redirects to the local site - in this case google.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

jcoote wrote:

Personally, I fail to see the issue... You can still search. Is there a specific reason you need to use a different Google national variant?

Advertisement