Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions

Options
  • 10-04-2005 4:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

could ya all have a look at www.jaded-sun.com and let me know if you see any problems or wot ya think of it. theres still a bit of tinkering to be done with it before it's put up onto the new host but thoughts would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

k seems the transfer to the other host has begun should be back online shortly

what was in the gif?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Still doesn't load.

What does CPU.ie do? I can't find an about section. What does CPU stand for?

dunno wot CPU stands for I dont run it or anything.

Its a place for bands to promote themselves. they can sign up for an artist mini site and host their music (and shortly videos afaik) it has a forum and industry directory that contains things like bands, web designers, photographer, studios and anything that has something to do with music theres a big photo gallery on it as well.

just take a good luck around theres too much to describe really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

The problem is

www.jaded-sun.com redirects to www.eta.us

and

www.cpu-records.com redirects to www.cpu.ie

This is at 6:00pm, on Sunday 10th April

• Advertisement

forgot about the fact that it goes to cpu.ie it's done that ever since i've been looking at tthe site.

i'm presuming www.eta.us is just page while it transfers no?

eh OK that site is up an running (well sorta) anyway feedback appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Nice, but quite image-heavy. You could do the buttons across the top in CSS and make your dialup users happy :) You may encounter some problems with Google indexing of IFRAMES. Other than that, very nice :)

thanks, i'm actuallly planning on making the navigation CSS it's just one of those things i didnt get around to it because the site had to be done quick (due to things happening for the band hence theres not even a sniff of CSS on the site yet)

im aware of the problems with google and iframes but it was neccessary to follow the design discussed with the band and so my hands were tied altough it shouldnt be that bad if i put the meta data in the main pages (or am I wrong in thinking that)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Nice site/layout..

My only major criticism is your host.. especially if your target audience is Irish. It was extremely slow when loading just now. On a 4Mb line it took more than seconds to load. It doesn't look like it's my net connection, and even www.globat.com is fine for me. ICMP is blocked, so I can't pinpoint the problem, but pings are all normal up to the point ICMP is blocked.

Other minor criticisms would be..
    • Echo the point about CSS for nav buttons, and use of iFrames (your design would be more than capable of growing/stretching vertically)
    • You use images to display text elsewhere too, which makes the text look poor (and increases the download size unnecessarily)
    • Your corners are a bit pixelated
    • Links (on links page, contact page, etc.) blue color doesn't fit the overall colour scheme, me thinks

HTH
    .cg

• Advertisement

i know the links page the links wont suit the style they'll be organge with some kinda rollover color when i've added the css (i know i know im lazy)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I would definatly redesign the site using CSS. Removing the tables, and any text that is in image form. I would also remove the image maps.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

My work pc is 800 * 600 (can't change it!) and I have to scroll right - why? Ther eis no real need for it!

Advertisement