Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayday Masters

Options
  • 10-04-2005 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has any info on the big week of tourneys in the fitz at the end of the month. I've won tickets to the 270euro game on thursday and the 385euro game on the saturday (April 30th I think). I heard that Paddy Power were sponsering it and I was wondering if anyone knows how much they are planning to put in to the prizefund? Also, I was told that the big game was a 'double chance'? Is this where you get half your chips at the start and then you can take the other half at any stage up until the break? If this is so when is the best time to take your chips? Presumably you get about 3,000 + 3,000 in chips.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Rory, you're scaring me. Stop winning my tickets! Well done, man. D.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yes Paddy Power is sponsoring the entire event and specifically the Mayday Masters tournie.

I dont know if they have revealed how much is being put in, but from working with them, I dont think you'll be dissappointed.

Its a REAL Double Chance tournie, so yes, you get half your chips immediately and can call for half your chips after the first hand. You dont have rebuys or topups and the chips are included in the price. I usually call for mine at the end of the first level if I haven't made decent profit on my starting chips by then. Certainly I will if I've lost chips. Keeping it back until the break devalues your chips as you get 3K (say) and the blinds are 100/200 ... thats not much compared to when they are 25/50.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Theyre putting in 5000, there are posters up in the Fitz, Rory play Tuesdays to get practise for the double chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

roryc wrote:
    Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has any info on the big week of tourneys in the fitz at the end of the month. I've won tickets to the 270euro game on thursday and the 385euro game on the saturday (April 30th I think). I heard that Paddy Power were sponsering it and I was wondering if anyone knows how much they are planning to put in to the prizefund? Also, I was told that the big game was a 'double chance'? Is this where you get half your chips at the start and then you can take the other half at any stage up until the break? If this is so when is the best time to take your chips? Presumably you get about 3,000 + 3,000 in chips.

Cheers
    Hi Rory. We are putting €5,000 into the Paddy Power Poker Mayday Masters main event. We have loaded up a page for all info on pokerfest: http://www.paddypowerpoker.com/pp_pokerfest.php
    Yes it is a double chance event. Well done on your win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BrendanB

I'm thinking if you took the 5K and added the tickets to the satellite, the prize fund would be the same, it'd just be a couple of extra players :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

BrendanB wrote:
    I'm thinking if you took the 5K and added the tickets to the satellite, the prize fund would be the same, it'd just be a couple of extra players :)

I like it........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Hi Rory. We are putting €5,000 into the Paddy Power Poker Mayday Masters main event. We have loaded up a page for all info on pokerfest: http://www.paddypowerpoker.com/pp_pokerfest.php
    Yes it is a double chance event. Well done on your win!

"The Fitzwilliam Card Club is located in Dublin, Ireland. If this is a bit of a trek for you, fear not! We hope to have more events in a town near you over the coming year."

Anything planned for Limerick Pit Boss?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Cheers,

thanks for the info everyone, hope to see a few of you there!

BigDragon wrote:
    I like it........
    Do you mean freeroll the money instead? Three freeroll satellites to the event?
    If so.. tis unfortunatly late in the day for it.. does not mean we cannot do this on the next one though!

Nothing in Limerick at the mo Nicky just finished off the Sligo one.. suggestions are welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

What's happening in Sligo ?

• Advertisement

Culchie wrote:
    What's happening in Sligo ?
    The Sligo one is now history culchie. We are sponsoring the north west championships. Next week it is in Ballina....

Sponsoring North West Championships of what , who , where, how, when ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭john_g83

huh? :confused:
    PPP pit boss whats the story in ballina as culchie so eloquently put it:
    "what , who , where, how, when ?" to this could I add How much?
    is ther a link with info on this, thanks a million
    Regards
    John

Yeh, sorry about that eloquent thingy ...not my strong point.

Still if PPP are sponsoring something, it would be good to advertise the fact that they are sponsoring something No, Yes ?? ....like The Irish Open 2005....still !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭john_g83

Culchie wrote:
    Yeh, sorry about that eloquent thingy ...not my strong point

Not intended at all as an insult. It was short and to the point. sorry if it was taken up wrong

Culchie wrote:
    Yeh, sorry about that eloquent thingy ...not my strong point.

Still if PPP are sponsoring something, it would be good to advertise the fact that they are sponsoring something No, Yes ?? ....like The Irish Open 2005....still !!!
    We are not running the event. We are in fact just supporting it. It is solely offline event. Last weeks event was in Sligo, entry €50 + €5 one rebuy or top up of €25. The offline tourney schedule is thus:

fri 15 april ridge pool hotel ballina

fri 22 april travellers friend castelbar

2 more satellites, dates and locations TBC

final in ballina on 29th may 6 pm ridge pool hotel

75% of prize fund gets paid out on the night, the other 25% goes through to the final.

I think you guys are right.. we should have posted all the details and perhaps even raised a page for it. But as said we are really only taking part from a support perspective.

Advertisement