Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrelandOffline AGM - Joining the Committee

Options
  • 10-04-2005 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

The IrelandOffline AGM will be happening in a few months time. (July roughly)

As with most organisations, we have a turnover of the people that take an interest, make a commitment and do some useful stuff on behalf of themselves and others. This year, like every year, a few will sign off the committee, and some new faces will sign on.

It involves a minimum time commitment, no more than a few hours a week, and can be fun.

Would you consider joining up? There aren't many physical meetings, whatever we do, we do mostly over the net. Current committee members live in all four provinces and haven't met altogether in person since the AGM. Have you a few hours a month to chip in?

PM me or post here on boards if you you'd like to chat about it.

Damien

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Can you give examples of what committee members would need to be able to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

You've demonstrated the three basic requirements

String a coherent sentence together (although this is sometimes optional)

Use a computer to communicate online

Show an interest

And no I'm not joking

John

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Dero

I'm definitely interested. I can communicate on-line. Whether it is coherent or not is another matter... I have a vested interest in that I really want (need?) a decent Net connection, but have very limited options. For this reason, I currently see availability as a bigger issue than price or connection speed. If I can be of assistance, I will be. :)

Cool.

Anyone else as well?

John

P.S. I am going to keep bumping this thread to keep it on the front of boards.ie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Well, I did sign up as an IOFFL volunteer a while back, does that automatically make me a committee member? If not, I would definetly be interested in becoming one.

• Advertisement

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Well, I did sign up as an IOFFL volunteer a while back, does that automatically make me a committee member? If not, I would definetly be interested in becoming one.

err no but as long as you are interested and capable of offering an hour or two per week then...Great! :)

John

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Sure, I have some free time these days. What would you have me do?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well, I'm definitely interested.

Advertisement