Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goth/Industrial

Options
  • 10-04-2005 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Does anyone like this stuff? I thought it was just around UL, but there seems to be 0 interest in it in Ireland. I really annoys me :/ I've almost nobody to talk to about my musical interests. Not that it's all I'm interested in, but it's my main genre of interest, and I'm pretty much forced into being a rocker/metaller because of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, gotta love the old Goth stuff like Bauhaus, The Mission, and of course, the legendary Fields Of The Nephilim! Clearly the best Goth band ever.

You see the Mission when they played in 2002? Excellent show altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

love goth and metal entirely but i like really heavy rock aswell

Speaking of Industrial... Die Krupps. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Goth doesn't really fit into any of the Music catagories... maybe an "other" music category?

It's a bit of Rock, a pinch of metal, some punk, and quite a bit of alt rock, grabbing bits of vastly different genres.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I *heart* industrial. Just back from a two week trip with Einstuerzende Neubauten. I like bits and pieces of goth like Bauhaus and Sisters of Mercy but at heart I'm an industrialist.

• Advertisement

Have you heard Fields Of The Nephilim, John2?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

Rozie wrote:
    Does anyone like this stuff? I thought it was just around UL, but there seems to be 0 interest in it in Ireland. I really annoys me :/ I've almost nobody to talk to about my musical interests. Not that it's all I'm interested in, but it's my main genre of interest, and I'm pretty much forced into being a rocker/metaller because of it.

what bands do ya like?
    there are a few metalheads around UL, ya even see a few in da lodge, myself included!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

Me loves industrial.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

goth industrial... well check out "collide".. i mentioned them in the "other" industrial thread here...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Speaking of Industrial... Die Krupps. :)

What are they like? My friend has reccomended them to me numerous times, but I still haven't gotten around to getting some of their material.

• Advertisement

Well, they're German, they're industrial... I think it's fairly self evident what they'd sound like, so if you're into any KMFDM, or Laibach they're definetly a band to check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yeah I love KMFDM.
    Just downloaded a song of Die Krupps called Battery. Tis good. I was expecting a more industrial metal band like Rammstein but Die Krupps are (well this song is) a lot more electronic. That suits me fine :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

(Goth) Bands I like: Switchblade Symphony (probably my favourite band ever, at least one of theM), 80s Cure, Joy Division, Bauhaus, The Sisters of Mercy, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Bella Morte, Cinema Strange, Faith and the Muse, Inkkubus Sukubus, Alien Sex Fiend.

The only industrial I really know is NIN and Wumpscut. As for Industrial Metal Rammstein are pretty good :) Lordi aren't goth, but do use lots of nice keyboards, and have some goth-ish bits in their songs, mainly due to their keyboardist and 80s fetish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Have you heard Fields Of The Nephilim, John2?

A band I've never gotten around to listening to. Recommendations?

John2 wrote:
    A band I've never gotten around to listening to. Recommendations?

Get this album. The song moonchild is a classic, among some other great songs. But this is their 'best of' which looks to have a great track listing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

Creature wrote:
    Just downloaded a song of Die Krupps called Battery. Tis good. .

Yeah, they released a whole album of just Metallica covers, its interesting to her the industrial take on it. I think Battery wa sone of the better songs on the album

Advertisement