Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Whip Wrestling 'D-Day' - 29th May @ 7pm w/D'Lo Brown, Doug Williams and more

• 10-04-2005 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭

Irish Whip Wrestling Presents - 'D-DAY'

With Special Guest Star - former WWE and Current Celebrity Wrestling Star D'LO BROWN

SFX City Theatre
    Sunday, May 29th
    Doors Open @ 7pm / Bell-Time is 7.30pm

Ticket Prices: €50 Delux (1st Row, w/ Free Supershow DVD, D-Day Poster)
    €15 General Admission

Tickets & Credit Card Bookings
    Wrestling Mania,
    Top Floor,
    Stephen's Green Shopping Centre,
    Dublin 2.
    Ph: 01-4053525

Superstars Include:

* D-Lo Brown
    * IwW International Champion Shamus O'Shaunessy
    * Doug Williams
    * Red Vinny
    * Mand Man Manson
    * 'The Pukka One' Darren Burridge

THIS SHOW WILL BE A DVD & TV TAPING FOR TWC.

**TICKETS ARE NOT ON SALE UNTIL THIS SATURDAY (April 16th).**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

D'LO BROWN Yeah, one of my all time favourite wrestlers. Definitly going to be at the show. Hope he doesnt cancel like Billy Gunn.

€15 or €50 kinda weird prices
    I wonder if they would let you get a front row seat cheaper without the extras? probably not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Those front row will all sell out at 50 bucks because you get the supershow dvd as well. Im there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

I dont know about that. €50 is kinda steep for an indie show wouldnt one say? I know its Irish wrestling and we should be proud and happy that we have wrestling on our shores but even with a free DVD and poster 50 yo yos is a bit much.

Im not too big into D-Lo either so thats hardly an incentive to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

I have to disagree with you gross halfwit.I think a first row ticket with the previous supershow in March on dvd and a poster is good value.You get to see a great show which you are guaranteed with IWW,you get to relive/watch the last supershow which got nothing but good reviews and a poster which you can get autographed at the back by the wrestlers and hang on your wall and say "i was there".

D-LO Brown is an amazing athlete and makes it worthwhile getting a front row ticket.

but if you still think its a bit steep get a general admission ticket.it should be on every fans agenda to make it to the show one way or another

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the €50 is very steep alright but it will be a great show and I cant wait to see the DVD from the last supershow so im there, imo the front row should be around €43 and the general admission around €22, a bit more balanced.

• Advertisement

well if you are good at marketing you would know how to set prices and have a pricing plan.In fairness 7 euro is not too much of a difference.I mean compare price fluctuations people are paying for smackdown.With that said people shouldn't be complaining.Think about it this way

last supershow in the sfx

front row tickets 35 (to the best of my knowledge just for a front row ticket)
    general admission 20

next show in sfx

front row ticket 50 (incl a dvd to the value of 20euro,and a poster)
    general admission 15

now look at it that way....IWW are giving value to the fans.Prices are cheaper and if you are paying more for front row you are getting more value for your money.Some might say 50euro is a lot of money but think of it in terms of what you are actually getting.What a bargain.

Well done IWW,Simon Rochford,Sean,The wrestling Channel you are all geniuses

I forgot to mention that for those who think 50euro is steep for what they are getting,how about we assess what the real value of the front row package is.For fans

march price = 35 for front row

may price = 50 for front row

in that you get front row = 35
    DVD = 20
    POSTER = 10
    See yourself on dvd/tv = priceless (thats twice if you went in march)

50euro is well worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

50 Euros is a crazy price for an Indie show in fairness. DVD or no DVD. the things cost about 5 euro to be made for a run of a couple hundred. unless iww are burning them themselves. in which case its even less.
    The SFX might cost a few quid to rent though but even so 50E is a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

have to agree with bombidol - 50 euro is very steep for an indie show. Sorry to say that price is bordering on WWE prices and no indie show is worth that, no matter how much "free stuff" the fans get

I have to disagree with you guys.I don't understand why there is this concept or theory that indie shows can't be above a certain price.

I think fans should be supporting irish wrestling and giving thanks to those who perform.Afterall,those wrestlers are putting their well being and health on the line to entertain you.I dare say that some of them take higher risks than some of WWE talent.They risk breaking their arms.legs,back,neck so you can enjoy the show and go home happy.

Also look at the talent they have...DLO Brown,Doug Williams,Darren Burridge,the IWW champ Sheamus O shaunessy,The heretic Red Vinny,mad man manson,dave zero and much much more.

the belief that the prices are too high is the kind of thing that COULD hold back Irish wrestling which i don't understand.We should all be getting behind IWW.IWW is going places.its getting bigger and better.

those wrestlers dont get paid(big bucks) but they go out and give it their all.I just think that 50euro is worth paying to support IWW,its wrestlers and Irish wrestling as a whole.They work for your money.

i remember a few years ago up until recently,wishing for a wrestling organisation to be setup in Ireland.It was in 2002 that i first heard of IWW.However there was not much exposure or advertising at the time and they had only the odd show.i was under the impression that it was a travelling organisation at the time.So 5 years down the line,I now find myself involved with a wrestling organisation(IWW).I thank God and all in the IWW for the IWW and that there is Irish wrestling.We should all be grateful that there is dedicated people out there who are made irish wrestling a reality.Same goes for NWA.

50euros is worth it

• Advertisement

Afterall,those wrestlers are putting their well being and health on the line to entertain you.I dare say that some of them take higher risks than some of WWE talent.They risk breaking their arms.legs,back,neck so you can enjoy the show and go home happy.

that is a piss poor arguement for justifying a high ticket price. We all know, as wrestling fans know what wrestlers go through each time they step through the ropes - so your argument on that aspect is pretty much redundant. And to compare them to WWE wrestlers - well why bother? Doesnt prove anything to me. I have seen a lot more talented wrestlers from Japan then I have in the WWE.

Explain to me then how NWA have consistantly kept their ticket prices low? As opposed to IWW who have increased their ticket prices? And NWA, besides IWW also put on quality shows?

You want fans to support the irish wrestling scene, well my advice is dont treat the fans as morons. They know there is atleast 2 organisations in Ireland that do shows and training, and so far one of them (IMO) has kept their prices reasonable enough to keep a regular fan basis occuring. Too high a price will always scare off your customers - you cannot argue with that fact.

Personally I want to see IWW do well - but I woulkd prefer they do it on their own backs instead of over-using "guest stars"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Blackbelt I believe in what you are saying we all love IWW and they put on amazing shows and they have put Ireland right up there with the UK on the wrestling map and have brought my idols such as AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Jodie Flesch to Dublin, something that no other organisation can do except IWW, we are greatfull but for this particular event the price difference between the general admission and the front row is totally unbalanced, infact I think that the general admission price is actually almost too cheap and could have easily been sold at a slightly higher price and the front row knocked down by €5 or €10.. its just i know theres gonna be so many people who would love to take front row seats but at €50 simply cannot afford it for different number of reasons such as being unemployed, on a minimum wage job/part-time work or being a poor student and lets face it many wrestling fans fall into those categorys including myself.

Never blindly support anything, it will only backfire on you. Support irish wrestling yeah, support iwww yeah. But to just reach in your pocket and pay whatever is asked is dumb. 50 euro is a WWE price. 30 is the max an Indie show should charge no matter who is working on the show and whatever is thrown in. A few months back in Detroit i paid 12 dollars for a show with Sabu, Monty Brown, ICP, tenacious Z, The Necro Butcher and loads more, i was in the second row. now i know thats the states and its a lot easier to book shows and wrestlers there. but at the end of the day , chances are Dlo Brown is working in the UK around the time this show is on, so he's 40 mins away on a plane that costs maybe 100 euro. And even if he's coming from the states 10 people in the front row would pay for his fare on the plane and a few more heads will pay his fee.

i've said what i wanted to say.look at the real value of the front row ticket package which i posted earlier and compare it to what IWW are offering.

its your decision whether you think its worth it or not.personally i think its great value which IWW deliver

blackbelt wrote:

So 5 years down the line,I now find myself involved with a wrestling organisation(IWW).

you lost us all with that im afraid. You cannot be objectionable when you work with the promotion.

Your not really goin say the prices suck if you work for them.

I still think that if you dont want the DVD but want to sit in the first row, you shouldnt have to force people to buy it.

€30 no DVD would be a better price
    €15 is a good price for general admission

my opinion might seem biased but even if i was not a part of IWW i wouldn't be complaining.Plus you all assume i'm in IWW management.i'm not.

by all means buy a general admission ticket if you feel 50 is steep.Its a package deal..you either want it or you don't.I think its worth it.

so this is my final post on this topic.Hope you all at least buy the general admission tickets its going to be a great show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Hash Boy

bombidol wrote:
    Never blindly support anything, it will only backfire on you. Support irish wrestling yeah, support iwww yeah. But to just reach in your pocket and pay whatever is asked is dumb. 50 euro is a WWE price. 30 is the max an Indie show should charge no matter who is working on the show and whatever is thrown in. A few months back in Detroit i paid 12 dollars for a show with Sabu, Monty Brown, ICP, tenacious Z, The Necro Butcher and loads more, i was in the second row. now i know thats the states and its a lot easier to book shows and wrestlers there. but at the end of the day , chances are Dlo Brown is working in the UK around the time this show is on, so he's 40 mins away on a plane that costs maybe 100 euro. And even if he's coming from the states 10 people in the front row would pay for his fare on the plane and a few more heads will pay his fee.

The Wrestling Channel were charging UK£75 for front row at the March 19th show - way more than WWE, and those tickets sold out first. That's about €105 per ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Why does everyone consider WWE to be the BEST wrestling shows around? You get a lot of pyro, cool music and hoopla but aside from that it's basically a few guys doing their day jobs, wrestling the exact same match as they have all week and keeping anything new or high-risk for national television. THAT doesn't justify a high ticket price in my eyes. They ARE probably the best wrestling company in the world, but that counts for nothing when they're not BEING the best wrestlers and running through the motions at house shows.

Three reasons why €50 is a reasonable price for D-Day:

1) You'll get a bunch of Irish wrestlers (who, as anyone who went to the Super Show will verify, are NOT treated as second-class citizens. They make up the backbone of the card and often steal the show from the larger names) who will put it ALL on the line to give the absolute BEST show possible.

2) NOWHERE in Ireland but IwW can you get the Indy talent we boast. To fathom having a show with AJ Styles, Chris Daniels, Jody Fleisch, Johnny Storm etc. and THEN follow it up with a tour featuring a lot of the Super Show names AND Alex Shane and THEN to announce a show with D'LO BROWN and DOUG WILLIAMS topping the billing. If you go anywhere else you'll get a bunch of Irish guys, who may be very good don't get me wrong, but they don't LOOK as if you'd pay more than the cheapish price they charge to see them, and an Indy name you're supposed to know according to the company, but nobody has really ever heard of. IwW is the only place in the entire island that can give you these shows, that DO better the product of WWE AND TNA. I'm not just saying this because I'm biased, IwW's fanbase will back this up.

3) As previously stated, for €50 you're getting a DVD of the personal best show I've seen this year, the IwW Super Show, a cool poster to serve as a memento of the day AND a ticket to another FANTASTIC show.

And if €50 is too steep, remember that there's always €15 tickets on sale too. I didn't hear any complaints coming out of the last SFX show about viewing the action from General Admission, so don't deny yourself the chance to see the best because you're scared off by a €50 price tag. Remember, once you've paid for your ticket you're memories will probably last. Corny yeah, but completely true.

What was the line up for the TWC Show?

• Advertisement

Hash Boy wrote:
    The Wrestling Channel were charging UK£75 for front row at the March 19th show - way more than WWE, and those tickets sold out first. That's about €105 per ticket.

which only proves the point that promoters will always try and screw an already wrestling starved population
    2) NOWHERE in Ireland but IwW can you get the Indy talent we boast. To fathom having a show with AJ Styles, Chris Daniels, Jody Fleisch, Johnny Storm etc. and THEN follow it up with a tour featuring a lot of the Super Show names AND Alex Shane and THEN to announce a show with D'LO BROWN and DOUG WILLIAMS topping the billing.

Then why is it IWW needs to bring over this talent? And as for the quip about "If you go anywhere else you'll get a bunch of Irish guys, who may be very good don't get me wrong, but they don't LOOK as if you'd pay more than the cheapish price they charge to see them" - the same can be said about most of the IWW guys aswell - and yet "anywhere else", they still dont need to do bring in loads of non IWW talent to wrestle for them

Before anyone gets on my case about me bashing IWW - I will be attending the IWW show - I already have my general admin ticket. My only reason is to make sure that this is a level playing field and also to point out a higher price tag does not automatically make for a better day out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Hash Boy

bombidol wrote:
    What was the line up for the TWC Show?
    http://www.thewrestlingchannel.tv/showdown/superstars.php

Im sure that the front row will sell out because of the dvd included in the bundle.

Apart from that, 15 bucks to see a show like that is unbelievable value. 15 bukcs gets you f all today. I've paid that in to nightclubs before which really sucked. Lets focus on the fact that you can get a serious night entertainment for only E15.

No one is being forced to pay E50, those who want to will do so. Everyone else will see just as good a show.

leggo wrote:
    3) As previously stated, for €50 you're getting a DVD of the personal best show I've seen this year, the IwW Super Show, a cool poster to serve as a memento of the day AND a ticket to another FANTASTIC show.

A free ticket to another show? there was no mention of this by IWWPR.
    If the €50 front row ticket includes the front row seating, supershow DVD, Poster AND a free ticket to anther show then thats not bad then.

Can anyone confirm here that we are indeed getting another free ticket for the €50 front row ticket deal?

No, no, no, no, no, I meant D-Day when I said ticket to another show.

And Ph3n0m, look at Dave Zero, Mad Man Manson, Red Vinny and S.O.S. and tell me that these are guys you could meet just walking down O'Connell Street. If there's one thing IwW does NOT breed, it's vanilla characters (not neccessarily to speak of other companies, but IwW is colourful and varied if anything).

IwW doesn't NEED to bring in overseas talent, it does because where else in Ireland COULD you see AJ Styles, Chris Daniels, Chris Sabin, Jody Fleisch, Jonny Storm, M-Dogg 20 and Darren Burridge on the same show? Hell, name for me the last time all of the above where on the same card? On top of that, in 2005 you're being offered a show with D'Lo Brown and Doug Williams ALONG with the much acclaimed Irish talent. It's not a case of throwing token Irish guys out there because they feel the need to, IwW gives Irish talent every opportunity to steal the show and they do so all the time. It's simply a treat to HAVE these guys AS WELL AS the stars. You can get the best of the Irish and the best of the Indys under one roof.

leggo wrote:
    And Ph3n0m, look at Dave Zero, Mad Man Manson, Red Vinny and S.O.S. and tell me that these are guys you could meet just walking down O'Connell Street.

well er yes I could meet people like them walking down O'Connell Street - in fact I can find people who make them look vanilla'd.

every organisation has their non vanilla types - so that point is pretty redundant

you see this topic has gone off the point but i have to say iww offers the fans the best of both worlds.some people travel to america to see aj styles,fallen angel etc in TNA.IWW are bringing those stars here to Ireland so they can perform right in front of you while also showcasing the Irish talent in the IWW.

now how can anybody complain about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 si_rochie

To answer the reject (Bombidol), you dont know the first thing about what it costs to bring in D-Lo Brown, other stars, venue costs etc. so don't try and be the hero and pretend you do.

You will complain about IwW till the cows come home, and even if the tickets were €1 each, you still wouldnt come. So don't keep going on with your anti-IwW triade.

.....95% of the tickets for 'D-Day' are €15. That is an excellent price and well worth the admission fee. There is one row of tickets priced €50, this price includes those ticket holders being treated like royalty. They get their value for money by getting 1st Row, free DVD, Free Show poster that is being made only for them & early access to the venue.

People want to be treated like this and recieve freebies, thats why we cater to them.....Don't verbally bash these people, please. If you dont want to go, thats fine, but dont belittle yourself by acting bitter.

si_rochie wrote:
    There is one row of tickets priced €50, this price includes those ticket holders being treated like royalty. They get their value for money by getting 1st Row, free DVD, Free Show poster that is being made only for them & early access to the venue.

Royality you say, hmmm you may get €50 out of me yet. I still think you should have givin people the option of a cheaper first row seat without the DVD but it doesnt matter now, what's done is done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

If you don't want to pay €50 then just get general admission and sit 2.5 foot further back. I can't see why people complain, it's as if you are being forced to pay €50. There will be people there who want to pay for the ringside seats and get the special attention as Si mentioned. Promoting shows does cost money and you have to have a long term picture aswell, not just looking at one show at a time.
    As for bombidols price breakdown for DVD's, when you go into HMV do you argue with them about how much a DVD or CD costs to produce when you want to buy it?

Never in the last couple of years have i had anything bad to say about IWW Si. Not once have I posted anything remotly Anti IWW. And in fact im thinking about heading along for the night as the last show i was at was in the states.
    As for me having no idea about how much venue costs etc are? Dont be silly, what do you think i do 2 nights of the week every week? i could quote you venue prices from here to Chicago.
    Like i said Si, I dunno where this is coming from but ive never been anti iww. I (and a few more people on this board) were just pointing out that 50E is a bit rough for front row seats, but as you pointed out there are plenty of the GA 15E tickets for punters who cant afford it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

FX Meister wrote:
    when you go into HMV do you argue with them about how much a DVD or CD costs to produce when you want to buy it?

nope cos i dislike getting ripped off and so do not buy my stuff from HMV :rolleyes:

I can see both sides of this argument but I think it comes down to the fact that a company needs to be very very well established before people will accept them charging big money for their shows. I think it's great that the general admin seating is so cheap but agree with the idea that it would be better if the prices weren't separated by so much.

And it's all well and good to say that for the extra you get a DVD and a poster but without information about the quality of the DVD, is it a pro-job? How experienced were 1) the dvd authors (putting the dvd together) 2) the camera people shooting the show.What will the physical quality of the disc be? DVD-9, just a burn etc... I'd be hesitant about blindly handing over €50

First off the supershow in march was recorded and will/is being broadcasted on the wrestling channel.If you bought the lucan show on dvd you will see the quality of the recording is very good and also the dvd.A lot of people have the dvd which indicates its popularity.same goes for the supershow in march in relation to quality.

thats in the package so you are getting a quality dvd,poster and front row tickets to a quality show and as si mentioned..early entry into the sfx theatre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

blackbelt wrote:
    I forgot to mention that for those who think 50euro is steep for what they are getting,how about we assess what the real value of the front row package is.For fans

march price = 35 for front row

may price = 50 for front row

in that you get front row = 35
    DVD = 20
    POSTER = 10
    See yourself on dvd/tv = priceless (thats twice if you went in march)

50euro is well worth it

Ok, Im confused here. In March the front row was €35 right. Now In may you are paying €50 plus "Free" DVD and poster as per the initial post. How in hell can it be a free DVD if by your own admission Blackbelt that you are paying an extra €15? That €15 will happily cover the cost of making the DVD and the poster dont you think? Now if it was free stuff surely the ticket price would remain the same? Anyone else think this a might strange?

Ok, Im confused here. In March the front row was €35 right. Now In may you are paying €50 plus "Free" DVD and poster as per the initial post. How in hell can it be a free DVD if by your own admission Blackbelt that you are paying an extra €15? That €15 will happily cover the cost of making the DVD and the poster dont you think? Now if it was free stuff surely the ticket price would remain the same? Anyone else think this a might strange?

was waiting for someone to state the obvious - as I dont want to get accused of bashing IWW - which I have never done :)

• Advertisement

Direct your questions towards IwW news, the original poster rather than Blackbelt who did not set the ticket prices.

Also, (my opinion only now) ticket prices have been known to change.

Bottom line is - 300-odd people are going to be happy paying only 15 bucks to a top end show. Also, 50 or so people are going to be happy paying 50 bucks to a top end show and geting priveliged treatment and a dvd.

i never said you get a free dvd.

lets look at it this way.

if you bought everything separatley it works out dearer

front row 35
    dvd 20
    poster 10

thats 65 euro

if you buy the front row package you are saving money in the long run as opposed to the short run as you are not buying that merchandise separately.

in the long run you are saving 15euro

you misinterpret my post when you quoted me.

i was stating the value of the items you get in the front row package.

And it's all well and good to say that for the extra you get a DVD and a poster but without information about the quality of the DVD, is it a pro-job? How experienced were 1) the dvd authors (putting the dvd together) 2) the camera people shooting the show.What will the physical quality of the disc be? DVD-9, just a burn etc... I'd be hesitant about blindly handing over €50

It's a proper wrestling DVD, no WWE job but definitely in line with ECW (I'm basing this on the quality of the Lucan Show disc, which the Super Show will no doubt be in line with). It's NOT some badly shot, pirate job with a blank case and 'IWW SUPA SHOW' written on an average DVD-R. The DVD and show are top notch.
    Bottom line is - 300-odd people are going to be happy paying only 15 bucks to a top end show. Also, 50 or so people are going to be happy paying 50 bucks to a top end show and geting priveliged treatment and a dvd.

Sums it all up there. The €50 package is an excellent and fair one in my eyes, but if you're not happy with it, there's plenty of General Admin tickets to go around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

This is a thread ment for IwW news regarding the D-Day show. If you want to take this further, please make another thread, as IwW will now have to post any updates (which there will be) on a seperate thread.

A bit of deciency... please!

• Advertisement
Advertisement