Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTVip / UTV Free

Options
  • 10-04-2005 5:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone having intermittent problems trying to connect to UTV atm, both UTVip and UTV Free? I'm having negotiation errors that require several attempts before connection. Never seen this before.

adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its being talked about on the utv.support newsgroup - multiple attempts to connected then if succesful the line being dropped after a short while.

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Thanks Mike. I don't think I'm getting dropped connections, but then I haven't been staying on a long time over the weekend.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Its taking a few attempts to connect, and its something wrong with network protocals. Just a couple of attempts needed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Yes, i'm getting this. Connects ok but is immediately disconnected. Problem exists since about 3 days...

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

UTVIP was intermittent for me all day yesterday and since about lunchtime today I haven't been able to access UTVIP at all. I'm on 56k dialup - it dials ok and even accepts a username and password but then aborts with an "unable to connect to network" error.

Pretty annoying really and I had to search my old records for an alternative dialup isp in order to connect at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Mad Mike wrote:
    Pretty annoying really and I had to search my old records for an alternative dialup isp in order to connect at all.

Ditto :mad:

Am allowed to connect but only for about 5-6seconds before it disconnects

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

it happened a few weeks ago too... maybe they're updating servers or something...

I appear to be back - I have finally got a pretty good connection on UTV.

I'm not about to logout and test it though for fear its a fluke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

About two hours ago I was getting an engaged tone for a while, and since that went away I've been connecting successfully first time. Let's hope that's an end to it. Thanks for the feedback folks.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Posted by Carl at utv.
    Found on an issue on one of our dilaup platforms tonite that hopefully
    was the cause of these problems. I had to restart this device (which
    is not something to be taken lightly when working with 'carrier-grade'
    telco boxes), and things look a lot healthier now.

Apologies for the long downtime on this. It appeared earlier to be
    only our subscription-based services [UTVip, UTVipXL] that were having
    the problems, and after checks on our own setup didn't turn anything
    up, we raised a ticket with our telco. Apparently they were also
    having a fault with dialups and so it was assumed that was the cause
    of our issues. T'was only much later when their problem was resolved
    and ours wasn't that actual cause was found after a lot of debug work
    on our kit. A supervisor card on one of our hefty RoI dialup servers
    was throwing exception errors and intermittently disconnecting users.

Again, apologies for the inconveniences caused - can all affected
    users please test it again and holler if there's still problems.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Apologies in advance for the dumb question but how does one access the utv.support newgroup?

I usually use google groups to browse newsgroups but I cannot seem to find utv.support on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, its a private UTV-only group, available through news.utvinternet.com in your favourite usenet client.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

mine's being acting up again.....about an hour of not allowing me to connect...back on ok now

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rayh

Hi,
    Does anybody know of a rating chart for Internet Providers as I would like to see where UTVip lies.
    Regards.
    RayH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭pollyantic

My UTVxl connection is disconnecting randomly.
    Sometimes i only get 2 minutes before it disconnects. Sometimes 20 minutes but its never long before it disconnects.
    This is getting really annoying.

Are there any providers out there with decent prices who don;t disconnect you so often?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

I had that problem until I disabled "call waiting" on my line - could it be that? I very rarely get cut off by UTV. It's not unusual to get 4-6 hours before I hang up by myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭pollyantic

we disabled call waiting already.

Advertisement